Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Where is the Magic Key table located at in case this is still where wristbands can be obtained?

When we went in 2019 the line at the entrance to get wristbands was nuts so we went to Blue Sky Cellar and got them there with no wait even though we hadn’t been in the park that day. In 2021 the line at the entrance was manageable so I didn’t bother going anywhere else…

Last year in-park check-in was across from the vineyards in the covered area tucked to the side of AC entrance.

A49C951B-FACD-43FF-9818-8644AC874A8C.png

Anyone know how long of waits to expect for the treat trails and villians grove? Like 20 minutes or an hour, way longer? Just trying to see how much we can get done in 1 night.

Do they post estimated waits for the characters? I'd like to see a few characters if they have shorter waits, waiting an hour+ is not going to happen for just a character though.
In 2021, they were all less than 20min, mostly moving so fast it was hard for them to keep up. lol

They give you a starter bag with your wristband when you first enter, but it is empty. We always bring a bigger bag because you will fill up that small bag in only a couple treat trails. They give out a lot of candy, which is always fun.
A LOT more than I expected.!!

What do you think is a good time to go to villains grove? I know it’s better to see it at night. Also which parade time would be better? My son doesn’t care too much about seeing characters but I kinda do since I’m the huge Disney nut in the family lol. I can always take the little one to the meet & greets and hubs can take him on a ride if need be.
I would recommend watching the second parade right by the Little Mermaid and then going to directly to Villain’s Grove after. We have done that and had a short wait time.

As far as the DAS for my DD, she is only using it for Monster’s After Dark during the mix in. I also don’t think it will help during the party. Besides rides are not our priority during party time.

What do you think is a good time to go to villains grove? I know it’s better to see it at night. Also which parade time would be better? My son doesn’t care too much about seeing characters but I kinda do since I’m the huge Disney nut in the family lol. I can always take the little one to the meet & greets and hubs can take him on a ride if need be.
I read elsewhere to watch the parade by the Little Mermaid and then make a beeline for Villain's Grove immediately after. villian

I will be taking my 6 year old with autism, could anyone tell me what my best strategy should be to see most of the stuff & avoid waiting in an hour long line? What should I do in what order etc?
I’ve read it’s better later in the night as many go there first.

I would recommend the first parade if it is really important to you to see it. There were a couple of times in years past when the Headless Horseman didn’t ride for one of the parades due to wet roads or other reasons. I think the parade didn’t go off one night last year, for reasons I can’t recall. In any case, if the parade is a priority (or if your kiddos may fall asleep or lose their cool before the second parade), I would plan for the first parade.

I've seen this "urban legend" happen too many times. Other trusted posters on this board also report it every year. CMs confirm this every year.
I was behind a family who was denied entry last year. We were right behind them and it was taking too long with them arguing so we switched into a different line. They were arguing with the lead about TicketStub or something (I don't recall the exact name but the woman with the kids kept saying they're good, they're good. we paid,...I assume the tickets?). I'm not sure what all was said because I didn't want to be too nosey, but we stopped to peek back a little once we cleared the gates and got our wristbands. They didn't end up getting into the park and turned around to walk back out into the esplanade. I guess I should have whipped out my phone to record the whole thing.

All the evidence in the world won't make some believe if they're dead set on wanting to sell the tickets to some unfortunate family or someone desperate enough to attend the party and purchases from those sites.

It's almost like natural selection. Some people just have to learn the hard way, but what an expensive lesson to learn.

When you first enter, do they give you a little starter bag with a few treats already inside?
This made me chuckle 🤣 The starter bag they give you will be pretty much filled at the end of the first treat trail. The advice to bring a much larger bag to carry all your treats was the best advice I followed last year. There’s definitely no treat shortage. The picture is missing all the fridge stuff (apples, grape, goyurts, etc)

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 67
This made me chuckle 🤣 The starter bag they give you will be pretty much filled at the end of the first treat trail. The advice to bring a much larger bag to carry all your treats was the best advice I followed last year. There’s definitely no treat shortage. The picture is missing all the fridge stuff (apples, grape, goyurts, etc)
Wow, that is a lot of stuff! Love the kitty cat checking it all out!

Yeah, after just a few of the treat trails we had more than we would be able to eat in the couple days left before our flight home.

I would recommend the first parade if it is really important to you to see it. There were a couple of times in years past when the Headless Horseman didn’t ride for one of the parades due to wet roads or other reasons. I think the parade didn’t go off one night last year, for reasons I can’t recall. In any case, if the parade is a priority (or if your kiddos may fall asleep or lose their cool before the second parade), I would plan for the first parade.
Yes!! We made that mistake last year. I decided to wait for the second parade on recommendations from everyone and hit the cars ride while the first one was going on. BIGGEST mistake of the entire night. We wasted an hour and a half in line for the ride and then the second parade was canceled. My little one was devastated. Needless to say we’ll be at the first one this year and maybe the second one too if he wants to 😂😂.

When I went to Mickey's Not So Scary at Disney World, they said that we could enter 3 hours before starting time. They actually let us in an extra 15 minutes before that. Do they adhere to 3 PM at OBB or have they opened up earlier in the past?

Yes!! We made that mistake last year. I decided to wait for the second parade on recommendations from everyone and hit the cars ride while the first one was going on. BIGGEST mistake of the entire night. We wasted an hour and a half in line for the ride and then the second parade was canceled. My little one was devastated. Needless to say we’ll be at the first one this year and maybe the second one too if he wants to 😂😂.
Thanks for the information. I had planned on just seeing the second parade. I will make sure we schedule both parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter