Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

We went for our second Bash on 10/26. It was better than our first night in multiple ways, which I didn't think was possible. Most of it came down to luck and timing, but costumes seemed better also.

We hit up multiple character trails twice, including Ernesto, Madam Mim, and Mother Gothel. We were astounded to be the only visitors in with Mother Gothel and Agatha during two unexpected moments. It made for on-point interactions, with Gothel reminding us to always listen to our mothers. Agatha posed for pictures, AND was amusingly manipulative. We caught Ernesto immediately after a parade with no wait. As a small group of us approached the stage, he chided "Ah, now that THE parade is over, it's okay to come and see Ernesto". Mim answered a question, and even did a remarkable chicken cluck. Judge Doom reprimanded a group of stragglers, waiting for the next dipping. He said that standing around was no way to catch a rabbit.

Character meet and greets seemed better also. We lined up for the Sanderson Sisters just prior to the first parade, and were treated to a 25 minute wait time. Also were able to meet Prince John, who insisted that we kiss his hand first.

We never found a magical time when Villains Grove was quiet, but the line was fairly short when we went during the second parade. Earlier in the evening, the line was much longer.

We managed to slip in a few rides prior to and during the party. We also had an excellent dinner beforehand at Carthay Circle Restaurant.

For those going tonight, have a great time!

We went to the second to last bash on Sunday 10/30. I just want to thank those of you who posted timelines in this thread--they were invaluable. We did everything we wanted to with no problems--we were second in line when Ernesto opened and got there at 5:45--I was shocked. We walked by a huge Oogie Boogie line at imagineering, and I couldn't believe Ernesto had no one. The only minor disappointment was judge doom. We caught him toward the end of the night and he wasn't saying much, although the line was a breeze. We decided not to wait for Sanderson sisters, but my guess is a 30 minute wait at about 9:30? Highlight for me was definitely Ernesto--he was awesome. Had great back and forth with him. DS loved Mother Gothel--we saw her twice and had some great interactions with her as well. Also loved the Headless Horseman in the parade. We must have ended up with 20lbs of candy. DS took most of it to his special needs program when we got back and they were thrilled. Super fun night thanks to you guys.

We went to the second to last bash on Sunday 10/30. I just want to thank those of you who posted timelines in this thread--they were invaluable. We did everything we wanted to with no problems--we were second in line when Ernesto opened and got there at 5:45--I was shocked. We walked by a huge Oogie Boogie line at imagineering, and I couldn't believe Ernesto had no one. The only minor disappointment was judge doom. We caught him toward the end of the night and he wasn't saying much, although the line was a breeze. We decided not to wait for Sanderson sisters, but my guess is a 30 minute wait at about 9:30? Highlight for me was definitely Ernesto--he was awesome. Had great back and forth with him. DS loved Mother Gothel--we saw her twice and had some great interactions with her as well. Also loved the Headless Horseman in the parade. We must have ended up with 20lbs of candy. DS took most of it to his special needs program when we got back and they were thrilled. Super fun night thanks to you guys.
I would like to second this. The help was truly invaluable. We LOVE Disney villains, and because of all the great advice, suggestions on this thread and others, we were able to get pictures with SO many villains, or close enough: Pete, Lotso, Maleficent, The Queen, Queen of Hearts, Smee, Hook, The Redhead, Hag, Prince John, Cruella (live action), Sheriff of Nottingham, Cheshire Cat and Agatha We even stumbled upon a photo shoot at DL with a Disney photographer shooting villains, maybe for promotion.

Most of the aforementioned, would not have happened without all of the great info sharing. From the bottom of my heart, thank YOU. It made our trip magical.

Attachments

• PXL_20231028_054314230.jpg
    PXL_20231028_054314230.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
We went 10/24 and had a ball! Did not keep track of all the times, BUT we started around 3pm and walked out at 10:45 to make our late Trader Sam's reservation. Here's what we accomplished:

-Ate at Lamplight, and got in line for The Sanderson Sisters before the party

-Sanderson Sisters around 6
-Cruella Treat Trail
-Oogie Treat Trail
-Ernesto Treat Trail
-Agatha Treat Trail (she was offstage, but returned before we walked through #dumb luck
-first parade dessert party (check-in took FOREVER)
-Villains Grove
-Mother Gothel Treat Trail
-Judge Doom Treat Trail
-Sheriff of Nottingham
-Snow White's Witch (Hag)
-Yokai Treat Trail
-Sid Treat Trail
-Lotso Huggin' Bear
-shopping on the way out

We purposely avoided the rides, but had a great time! Hoping for Madam Mim, and perhaps a few different villain meet and greets tonight. I've been to multiple WDW holiday parties, and I would highly recommend this event.

If I had a minor gripe, it would be about the dessert party : parade good, seating good, desserts good, check-in SLOW, walk from check-in to seating LONG, reception at seating area POOR and UNORGANIZED, wait staff AWESOME, view was just okay. If anyone wants more details, I'm happy to discuss further. I'm also sure that not every experience is like ours.
I tried searching this whole thread but with over 130 pages I kind of gave up! I’m looking for more details on the parade dessert party and read your review and have questions! :)
How much was it?
Where was it?
What is the seating like? Anything like the seating at the WOC dessert party?
I am looking for details so anything you can provide would be great! Thanks

I tried searching this whole thread but with over 130 pages I kind of gave up! I’m looking for more details on the parade dessert party and read your review and have questions! :)
How much was it?
Where was it?
The dessert party is about $100 per person ages 3 and up and I think there was also a gratuity added on but we ended up cancelling it. The seating is in the front row of the parade route, we saw people sitting at the tables when we stopped to see part of the parade. It’s not like WOC how there’s people in front of you, you are right in the front row on one side of the parade route with tables to have your food & drink at. Someone recommended getting food to go from somewhere and eating it at your table after you check in so that you can do dinner & dessert at the table and keep little kids occupied. There’s two times, one for each parade they do during the party.

The dessert party is about $100 per person ages 3 and up and I think there was also a gratuity added on but we ended up cancelling it. The seating is in the front row of the parade route, we saw people sitting at the tables when we stopped to see part of the parade. It’s not like WOC how there’s people in front of you, you are right in the front row on one side of the parade route with tables to have your food & drink at. Someone recommended getting food to go from somewhere and eating it at your table after you check in so that you can do dinner & dessert at the table and keep little kids occupied. There’s two times, one for each parade they do during the party.
Nice! I like that it’s front row!
Always looking for extra things with seating, my husband walks on prosthetics so he needs the breaks regardless the $

Where is it exactly?

How much was it?
Where was it?
We have done it. It was very similar to the WOC dessert party. It is directly on the parade route and you do not have anyone in front of you. All the tables were equally as good-- it isn't like WOC where you can potentially get a not so great table. It probably wasn't necessary as it would not have been that hard to get a spot on the parade route--- but it was very nice to have a seat and the characters definitely interacted a lot with the people at the dessert party as they went by. We had a lot of fun. If you have someone that has trouble sitting on the ground- it is a good option.

Always looking for extra things with seating, my husband walks on prosthetics so he needs the breaks regardless the $

Where is it exactly?
The parade route is long, and tables stretch for quite a ways. Our table was in front of the Cars Land entrance. According to memory and our photographs, we were in a second row of tables (perhaps some areas only have one row). We were sharing a high table with another couple. The tables in front of us were lower to the ground. Our entire area, and nearby areas all seemed to have 2 rows of tables for the parades. I wonder if this depends on how the add-on sells; less people = less rows/tables needed.

How much was it?
Where was it?
I think it is a reasonably good way to see the parade. It's also nice to take a load off, and enjoy desserts and drinks. My gripes about it were:

-check-in took a long time during which we standing in a switchback line for about 45 minutes
-it was a long walk from check-in to our actual seating area
-the directions/map to our seating area were vague (cast members including parade servers couldn't figure out where we were supposed to be)
-we originally got turned away from our seating area because they didn't think we were supposed to be there
-our viewing location was facing lit up trees, which drowned out some of the lighting effects on the floats/characters

I realize there are a lot of variables at play, but our experience was not great.

Where is it exactly?
It’s in front of one of the restaurants, I can’t remember exact. I think the seating area was nearby the entrance to cars land but on the other side?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter