Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

That is a fascinating theory by Tom Bricker with Disney Tourist Blog. Maybe Disney did identify an issue with bots purchasing large quantities and now they are auditing which tickets went out to get a handle on it. That explanation/theory would make sense on why they need a week to sort things out.

A conspiracy theory, sure, but one that makes a little sense lol

If anyone wants to help report, the drop down options are:
Prohibited and restricted items > Other prohibited and restricted items > Event ticket resales

Since these resales are a violation of the ticket terms, eBay does not allow them to be sold. And they will remove them if a human ever gets around to looking at the report. Plus we know Disney monitors eBay and is likely looking even closer right now.

That is a fascinating theory by Tom Bricker with Disney Tourist Blog. Maybe Disney did identify an issue with bots purchasing large quantities and now they are auditing which tickets went out to get a handle on it. That explanation/theory would make sense on why they need a week to sort things out.

A conspiracy theory, sure, but one that makes a little sense lol
The sad thing is it's a fairly plausible one at this point. Especially since the week wait doesn't even promise a new sale date announcement. Just that one might be announced that day. Oh to be a fly on the wall and know what really went down and how it's going to go the next week 👀

As a public company, Disney should have to offer some explanation for this (if it's brought up) at the next quarterly announcement.

Disney needs to go after the scalpers big time. I bought tickets to Mickeys Christmas party yesterday and the CM was adamant that the tickets were non-transferabl, a “use it or lose it” investment. How do these people getaway with this?

I hope those people get kicked off eBay…I mean, it’s just sad the way the world operates these days. I quit going to concerts long ago for that very reason. while I’m not a OBB fan, I certainly would be upset if I waited hours trying to get tickets, only to see some jerk trying to make a huge profit off of what should have been just a fun event.

I had NO WAIT for my Mickey party tickets yesterday, called on the phone, CM even added Memory Maker to my package , which I had forgot to add originally. That’s difference between WDW and DL I guess.

Sure hope all you folks are able to get your tickets once they go back on sale. As for me, I’ll see you after all the Halloween craziness is over 😂
Scalpers suck. All of them

I feel so badly for everyone who's had to endure such an unacceptable and terrible experience and thus far have nothing to show for their considerable effort. It's neither equitable or fair. Whenever the portal/queue opens up, I will try to get through on multiple devices and will offer any queue positions (under an hour) to those here. I wish I could do more.

It really warms my heart that there are people who were able to get in yesterday that are now selling their tickets on eBay for double the price (sarcasm). One person has multiple listings for different dates, all selling for $700-$800.

People who actually want to go to the party weren't able to get tickets, but the ticket scalpers that are trying to make a quick buck had no issue.

Highly encourage anyone who comes across these listings to report to eBay. They are not to be resold, especially for a huge markup. The people who purchase these are at risk of their tickets being cancelled and being unable to enter the party at the gate (multiple reports of that last year on different OBB FB groups).

View attachment 773092

multiple listings just like this on there:
View attachment 773093
View attachment 773094

I can spot “reseller/cook” groups just by looking at their other listings: gaming, sports cards, sneakers, etc. They use bots for many of their purchases.

Just went through and reported all 6 listings.

Curious: Those of you who were able to get tickets through the app workaround, do you use an Android or Apple phone? I heard people with Androids were successful because the app did not automatically route them to the website like the Apple phones did. Unsure of the validity of this, just curious what you guys experienced.
I was on my iphone, 2 ipads, a laptop and a desktop. Could not ever get through on anything until about 11:30am PT when I got through on my phone (after trying everything that was being posted as a tip on here and failing to get through at all, over and over and over.) I have not idea what worked, as I had tried so many things. I do know that it was via the app (I think by searching Ooogie Boogie and then Select Tickets, over and over until I didn't get the dreaded black screen one time). It crashed at payment. I tried same again steps, and after a few tries, I got back in and had to start over but was able to order tickets. I kept trying for at least another hour to try to see if I could get back in and see open dates for others on these boards who were asking but I never got back in at all.

I could not get thru, tried my laptop and the app all day, on and off. Not to sound elitist, but I wish they would make some allowance for resort guests like they do for APs. We will be at the GC and really want to attend the party.
We will try again whenever that opportunity arises. I have an another friend from east coast (like us) who won't book air or her (onsite) room until she gets her party tickets.
They do usually have day-of tickets available for purchase at the 3 resorts, in a very limited amount, if you are staying onsite. We had to do this in 2021 for OBB due to a late change of travel plans. We were going one way or the other, but I would have been very hesitant to fly in for a trip, hoping to get day-of OBB tickets at the hotel, and not having any assurance of such (we did eventually get the tickets on the day-of from DLH where we were staying). So it is not a true perk for resort guests in my mind, but it is something that is not offered to non-resort guests (at least it has been the last several years).

I’m not sure why people keep calling it a “loophole” or “work around”. All I did was log out of the app to reset my password and logged back in. There was no loophole, work around, back door etc. the reality is the site got slammed beyond their expectations and some got in and some didn’t. Just like any massive concert, event etc

I’m not sure why people keep calling it a “loophole” or “work around”. All I did was log out of the app to reset my password and logged back in. There was no loophole, work around, back door etc. the reality is the site got slammed beyond their expectations and some got in and some didn’t. Just like any massive concert, event etc

Because it was a loophole/glitch. Sales were paused. No one should have been able to get in and get tickets after that happened within the first ten minutes of the queue going live.

Disney's fault a backdoor was left open that allowed some to bypass the sales pause, but that does not change the fact it was a backdoor and not access as intended.

Because it was a loophole/glitch. Sales were paused. No one should have been able to get in and get tickets after that happened within the first ten minutes of the queue going live.

Disney's fault a backdoor was left open that allowed some to bypass the sales pause, but that does not change the fact it was a backdoor and not access as intended.
Exactly. it was was glitch. Not a loop hole or hack.

Either way I got mine and hopefully they woo figure something out next week

Exactly. it was was glitch. Not a loop hole or hack.

Either way I got mine and hopefully they woo figure something out next week

Dude. It's slang and an accurate description.

"Loophole. A way around an obstruction that would otherwise keep a person from obtaining a goal. This can apply literally and metaphorically and most often applied when bending the rules."

No one is trying to make you feel bad, but you did benefit frrom a loophole. It's just a fact. We're only judging Disney for not truly stopping sales full stop.

Well. And judging those reselling tickets and using the current situation to take advantage of people.

Curious: Those of you who were able to get tickets through the app workaround, do you use an Android or Apple phone? I heard people with Androids were successful because the app did not automatically route them to the website like the Apple phones did. Unsure of the validity of this, just curious what you guys experienced.
I got mine on my Pixel. I started in the app, and it routed me to the website, but straight to buy, no queue. This was about 9:35am. My payment also went thru smoothly, I never got a processing email but got the confirmation email immediately.

I told my coworker how I got mine, told her what people said about closing browsers, logging out, moving from data to wifi or vice versa. When I checked with her about 1:15pm, nothing had worked for her. I offered to sign into her account if she wanted me to try, and was able to get her four tickets on my Pixel immediately. All dates were available.

I have no idea why it worked for me twice.

Sort of inaccurate. Unless you were in the queue and potentially randomly were assigned a spot almost immediately ready to buy.

Otherwise you were supposed to see the queue, either the count down or pause. So yes, while YOU didn't do anything special to get in a backdoor or work around or hack the main frame or anything, the site wasn't just slammed, it was broken. It did not function as intended, or if it did ("fail safe" in the sense that the queue drops out and it takes you just to buy), Disney dropped the ball on not removing the tickets, which makes me think they had faith in the queue blocking sales.

So yes, YOU did not hack in or do anything special (which is why many couldn't reproduce it), but it was NOT working correctly, this is unlike other massive events. Most will be one of two options; web site crashes entirely and doesn't respond or unable to add to cart because the server is overload, or it works as intended. This was clearly broken, not just overwhelmed.

I will ask this with some trepidation…. If any of those that did not get tickets yesterday had “lucked into” getting through with all of their attempts (and I know there were many, many attempts, mine included), would you have NOT bought tickets because you felt badly about getting “in” when others could not? I think most would have felt fortunate that by some twist of fate, pull of the slot machine handle of Disney IT, or whatever, they got in and would have bought the tickets. Maybe some would not have bought them??

I will ask this with some trepidation…. If any of those that did not get tickets yesterday had “lucked into” getting through with all of their attempts (and I know there were many, many attempts, mine included), would you have NOT bought tickets because you felt badly about getting “in” when others could not? I think most would have felt fortunate that by some twist of fate, pull of the slot machine handle of Disney IT, or whatever, they got in and would have bought the tickets. Maybe some would not have bought them??
Of course I would have. I also don’t begrudge anyone who did buy them.
I don’t understand why people are annoyed by me suggesting it was random luck that some people got in though. There clearly was no consistent manner on which people who got tickets got in. There just wasn’t. Nothing they did could be duplicated consistently. How that is anything but random is beyond me.
Does it annoy me that Disney didn’t really shut down sales? Of course, but that is not the fault of anyone else but Disney. I don’t blame anyone who bought tickets, I would have done the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter