Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I need some links to those facebook groups offering to sell, lol.

Wonder if you can use PayPal (not friends and family) and get buyer protection... I'm sure people would pay the extra fees to cover that.
buyer protection doesn't cover tickets I believe. Because they aren't supposed to be resold.

So freaking aggravating. Spent 5 1/2 hours on Tuesday just to get kicked out when being transferred to the shopping cart. I had a second computer in the queue, and by the time it was through, all tickets were sold out. And now this...

For anyone who had the processing email have you received a confirmation or the tickets yet?
I have not. I actually did a whole second transaction and received the tickets immediately. Not sure how I am going to handle this if the first order does go through.

I really kind of think that's the only option they have... this is a really crappy way to do their sales

Edit: Yeah, if this is the way Disney is releasing tickets, I kinda feel like we should be free to sell them to each other... I need five for Oct 10th, full price of tickets plus $50 if someone can DM me and help me out, lol ;)

Also, mods, I'm joking, don't ban me, I'm just wildly frustrated how a HUGE company is doing this. Either block all sales or open it to everyone.... again, $1600 AP ticket holder here and I'll be furious if I can get tickets because Disney blocked it...
So, I don't think Disney will have a way of knowing who bypassed the Queue or not.

Essentially: My assumption based on being in tech and working for a company that actually makes some of these queue software packages as well as bot management:

A large volume of companies ask for stuff to be designed as "Fail Open", meaning if it doesn't get a response, or something breaks, or any one of a multitude of ways it may fail, the customer does not get blocked, instead they make it through.

My guess is we are crushing the waiting page, and some folks have been able to get through via the fail open mechanism.

The specific link: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/ is actually just the purchase page. Its the same link the app sends to, which is just a generic purchase link, there is nothing special about it.

It's now 3:30am in Australia and I've been hitting refersh and doing all this garbage for 1.5 hours. I could be ASLEEP!!!
I've got to go to work soon, this is absolutely disgraceful.

Come on Disney. We expect better. We all knew this would be a poop show and they didn't disappoint. They are actually exceeding expectations
It truly is insane a company this large, that does it every year, has this kind of problem.

I get having to pause or stop sales... remove all the ticket inventory so it shows sold out and post a message.

Allowing people, even in a backwards way, to get tickets while most can't, is insane. And 100% Disney knows what's going on, they have Twitter, they have young smart people that probably have facebook etc. They know. They move slow, don't really care since everything sells out anyway, and probably are having to have a big meeting to figure out how they should handle this pause before they do anything...

Has anyone recently (last few min) gotten through with the hack? Perhaps they shut down the loophole now until the queue is up again?

Three people…7 devices…none of us can get past the paused screen. I just want to cry. And my power is out so no WI-FI.

So, I don't think Disney will have a way of knowing who bypassed the Queue or not.

Essentially: My assumption based on being in tech and working for a company that actually makes some of these queue software packages as well as bot management:

A large volume of companies ask for stuff to be designed as "Fail Open", meaning if it doesn't get a response, or something breaks, or any one of a multitude of ways it may fail, the customer does not get blocked, instead they make it through.

My guess is we are crushing the waiting page, and some folks have been able to get through via the fail open mechanism.

The specific link: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/ is actually just the purchase page. Its the same link the app sends to, which is just a generic purchase link, there is nothing special about it.
You cancel every ticket that's been sold today then. This failed within the first few minutes.

Or you get your team to act quick and remove the redirect queue software and just let the site get crashed. I would rather have broken pages and having to fight to get it to work than constant redirects to the queue.

at this point i am truly gutted about all of this
if we don't get tickets, i will seriously consider changing my flight tickets to different dates in 2024 and take a hit on the change fee

This happened Tuesday too. I think they may close the queue to fix it but I don’t know if they will cancel tickets.
I can't imagine them cancelling tickets for people who got confirmation emails and tickets in their app. Nobody's doing anything "wrong" getting in; it's just a weirdly lucky random fluke when you get in.

I did get in on one of my seven open browsers by just clicking the "Select Tickets" link repeatedly, but I have only gotten a "purchase pending" email, so I am not sure yet if it really worked. But I didn't do anything "special," I literally just hit the button over and over and once it popped to a calendar.

I am not assuming I have tickets until I get a confirmation email and they show up in my account.

I just tried to go through the process on my phone again from scratch - now under Oogie Boogie tickets it says "Coming Soon"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter