Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Not sure if this is the right thread or if one should be made….but is there an OCT 2023 Check-in thread like the other months I see on here? I.e. November and December? Ty!
Doesn’t look like there is a thread but follow along here! There’s more than just OBB being discussed

I was a little bummed to see only one special food item for OBB (outside of the parade dinner package and desert party). Is that how it always is?
Last year they had quite a few. I think they’ll release more info on OBB specific merch and food options soon.

Looks like the brunch is the one going fast....
Yeah, we had booking day today and I literally never saw a brunch time for Goofy's. I booked a breakfast just in case, but we'll probably just go to Storyteller's instead. We're trying not to make it an early morning and a late night.

Anyone has had luck buying party tickets day of?

We have attended several times but bought tix right when they were released. This time we are doing a last minute (for us and for any good reservations) trip.

I know that the hotels sometimes have tickets for resort guest to purchase on party nights - but are they available for people not guests of the resorts?

As backup I was able to get dinner at Goofy's but would rather do the party.

Anyone has had luck buying party tickets day of?

We have attended several times but bought tix right when they were released. This time we are doing a last minute (for us and for any good reservations) trip.

I know that the hotels sometimes have tickets for resort guest to purchase on party nights - but are they available for people not guests of the resorts?

As backup I was able to get dinner at Goofy's but would rather do the party.
We were able to get day-of tickets to OBB but we were staying at the DLH. This was in October 2021. They were very strict about giving them your room key when you signed up for the 5am day-of tickets. So unless they are somehow selling them at the ticket booths (which I have not seen), I think you are out of luck unless you can change to an onsite hotel for the night before the night you want to attend OBB (Which might actually be worth it!).

We were able to get day-of tickets to OBB but we were staying at the DLH. This was in October 2021. They were very strict about giving them your room key when you signed up for the 5am day-of tickets. So unless they are somehow selling them at the ticket booths (which I have not seen), I think you are out of luck unless you can change to an onsite hotel for the night before the night you want to attend OBB (Which might actually be worth it!).
How did this work? Did you just go down to the front desk at the hotel? We booked a last minute trip for my 50th birthday (and even had we been planning on going I'm not sure we would have gotten tickets). But I would really love to get tickets day of if that might be a thing.

How did this work? Did you just go down to the front desk at the hotel? We booked a last minute trip for my 50th birthday (and even had we been planning on going I'm not sure we would have gotten tickets). But I would really love to get tickets day of if that might be a thing.
I think people have said they went down around 5am and waited in line with a bunch of other families in the lobby and they went down the line to sell them tickets from a limited number available.` Definitely not guaranteed.

I asked at check in because we had planned to be at MNSSHP at WDW that week and had to make a last minute change to DLR. She said to come to the front desk at 5am the day-of. I went down at 4:45am and was the third family in line. They took my room keys, park tickets and credit card. They had a hand written list in order. At 5am on the dot, the CM started typing on a computer and calling up families in the order that we signed up. They printed the tickets out for OBB right there. They said there were a "very small" number of tickets which were shared by all 3 onsite hotels, and it was first come, first served. So hope your CM has quick fingers. There were about 15 families in the line, and they announced that all would likely not get tickets that morning. I did not stick around after we got ours, as I hopped back in bed!! I had called DL and the hotel several times in the 1-2 weeks leading up to the trip to try to confirm if same day tickets might be possible, and no one would give me a definitive answer until we actually checked in and asked that CM. So it is risky to count on it, but we were going either way, so it was a bonus that we got the tickets!

I asked at check in because we had planned to be at MNSSHP at WDW that week and had to make a last minute change to DLR. She said to come to the front desk at 5am the day-of. I went down at 4:45am and was the third family in line. They took my room keys, park tickets and credit card. They had a hand written list in order. At 5am on the dot, the CM started typing on a computer and calling up families in the order that we signed up. They printed the tickets out for OBB right there. They said there were a "very small" number of tickets which were shared by all 3 onsite hotels, and it was first come, first served. So hope your CM has quick fingers. There were about 15 families in the line, and they announced that all would likely not get tickets that morning. I did not stick around after we got ours, as I hopped back in bed!! I had called DL and the hotel several times in the 1-2 weeks leading up to the trip to try to confirm if same day tickets might be possible, and no one would give me a definitive answer until we actually checked in and asked that CM. So it is risky to count on it, but we were going either way, so it was a bonus that we got the tickets!
Thank you! It of course won't be the end of the world but I will check it out when we get there.

Twodogs, thanks so much for talking about how the day of tickets work! I had a work trip near by come up in mid October and decided to splurge for a long weekend at the disneyland hotel. This might be an option for me.
Absolutely! It worked out so great for us. I was on a work trip also, and my younger DD joined me. She loves the OBB, so I was determined to try to get us tickets, even on this last minute trip. The CMs at the DLH were very helpful and straight-forward about the option. My advice is to go down early at 430-445am at the latest, if they say 5am. Even more so if you have a large party that you need tickets for. We were only 2 that time, which I think helped. And the CMs were quick with the process. But to be safe, you need to be in the first few families that they put on the list each day.

Is there any of the food or activities that start before the offical start of the event I might be at CA that day for part of day.

Those would be my guess too. Hopefully they're only adding villains and not taking any away.
I'm pretty sure Yokai would go on the Wharf. So new trail, maybe at the expense of the Hook/Smee meet that didn't seem too busy last year.

I would imagine Doom could replace Cruella maybe? I have a hard time thinking of another extra location. He doesn't fit in that villain-less trail in Carsland.

Anyone seeing something different than Yokai and Roger Rabbit's Judge Doom?
It's so annoying they announce these after tickets are sold out....would love to see both but didn't grab tickets

It's very annoying how many Halloween events do this HHN is two weeks away and they still haven't announced all scarezones and two shows coming.

I wish they could just tell us all info before tickets were sold

I think the Big Hero six one, could be very cool if they use projects in the land as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter