Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Does anyone have information about how long waits for Lotso have been?
He wasn't even out when we went by and had a long line. No idea of time though. It seems just like normal DL park crowds to me. Not reduced attendance or I just happen to be where everyone else is (except Mim. Hardly anyone was in line to see her.

He wasn't even out when we went by and had a long line. No idea of time though. It seems just like normal DL park crowds to me. Not reduced attendance or I just happen to be where everyone else is (except Mim. Hardly anyone was in line to see her.
Yikes! I don’t like the sound of that! 😩

Sorry, maybe it just where I am. Parade crowd isn't as deep, but every single piece of curb is taken and at least 2 deep behind them. Sid was by far the craziest thing I have ever seen.
Hope you are still having a great time (and anniversary!). I remember that you were struggling with the rest of us to get party tickets, so I am glad it is finally here for you and your family!

Sorry, maybe it just where I am. Parade crowd isn't as deep, but every single piece of curb is taken and at least 2 deep behind them. Sid was by far the craziest thing I have ever seen.
We didn't even try Sid. We went into that area for the first party and it was so hard to get out of the crowd. Between the line for the chicken place and the multiple switchbacks to see him the area for people to move through was single-file.

I am hoping to write up a better report later, but wanted to get some main points reviewed.

We had an incredible time at OBB! We went to both the 9/14 and 9/18 parties. We arrived 15 minutes past 6:00pm on both nights for different reasons. The first night was because it was our arrival day and we needed to get a nap in because we were exhausted from the flight. The second was because the line to get from the DLH security to DtD was insane. It moved fast, but it was as long as the line for EE in the morning. I had planned on going through the GCH for at least one of our trips but it ended up being much easier to go through the main turnstiles, no lines. Security was pretty tight the second night, they were making extra sure everyone had their wristbands on.

The first party was significantly less crowded than the second party, in my opinion. We had no trouble getting a spot for the parade and the treat trail lines were way less crowded than the second night.

• Headless Horseman: was present at both parades on 9/14 but only the first on 9/18. Absolutely fantastic, my favorite part of the parade.
  • Candy: We got so much candy. I gave a bucket to housekeeping, one to one of my work buildings, and to our other work building and still have 6 full big Walmart shopping bags left. Lots of the cold brew M&M's which I don't care for, but lots of other great candy! They gave out SO many carrots the first night, but the second night had less carrots and a couple apples. Wish they had grapes this year, but the apples were great! We did get several full size M&M's, super fun.
  • Characters all seemed to be on time and present at their treat trails. All were great and very interactive. My one gripe is that the Ernesto treat trail becomes a big bottleneck because people stop to get video and block the trail, but there is an area outside of the treat trail that allows for people to watch without blocking the walkway. Otherwise, the lines moved pretty efficiently.
  • Villain's Grove: We didn't make it to the grove this year!!!! We wanted to do that but were having too much fun collecting loads of candy so ended up missing it. Highly recommend it from previous years, it just didn't end up being a priority for us this year since we wanted to see both parades and do all the treat trails (multiple times....).

Non-party Halloween offerings:

• Disney Villain's Dance Party: This is such a fun and unique experience in Tomorrowland. Adults and kids alike joined in to dance with the Villain's. One of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine dance to Ballroom Blitz on stage hahahaha! Where else can you get something like that? We also saw Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Cruella, and Maleficent. So fun and high energy.
Hands down, this was probably one of our best trips yet. And that is saying something because we have been going for many, many years. The weather was perfect and cool, the crowds were very manageable (seriously, I was expecting chaos and I would say most of our days were a 5 or 6 out of 10 for crowds).
Well first of all, YAY! You did it! I’m so glad you had a great time at both parties!

Did you mean to say you attended the 9/14 (Thursday) and 9/17 (Sunday) parties? And Sunday was more crowded? We are going this coming Sunday.

I’m really glad you got cool weather. This time of year can be so hot! Right now weather says high of 81 for our party, so hopefully cools off by party time.

Hope you are still having a great time (and anniversary!). I remember that you were struggling with the rest of us to get party tickets, so I am glad it is finally here for you and your family!
We are having the BEST time. I don't want to jinx it but we have had amazing luck so far. Hopefully we will get to see Sid before we leave, but the Grove was insane as well. Not sure if we will get to do that. Even if we don't we have had an amazing time. We are at dessert party and that is eating up a lot of time, but I got to see all the characters I wanted to see and both parades and my husband is enjoying just relaxing. He doesn't understand how I can do rope drop to park close. So, it has been a great time, just crowds are way more than I expected, but it could just be where I am at any given point.

Last edited:
Well first of all, YAY! You did it! I’m so glad you had a great time at both parties!

Did you mean to say you attended the 9/14 (Thursday) and 9/17 (Sunday) parties? And Sunday was more crowded? We are going this coming Sunday.

I’m really glad you got cool weather. This time of year can be so hot! Right now weather says high of 81 for our party, so hopefully cools off by party time.
As an Oregonian I can't believe how seriously hot 77 feels here. I can handle an Oregon 77, but it is very different here. I have been sweating like a pig!

As an Oregonian I can't believe how seriously hot 77 feels here. I can handle an Oregon 77, but it is very different here. I have been sweating like a pig!
The weather patterns this season have made it more humid than it usually is here (no, it’s not close to Florida-level humidity, but it’s humid for us). Bonus is we haven’t had any of those fireworks-canceling Santa Ana winds yet.

Back at hotel, we left right at 11. We saw Sid and watched him a long time after the parade. Could have watched him longer but wanted to try the Grove. Line was all the way back to the plane by Soarin. Didn't appear to be moving super quick so we just cruised. Had a great time though. If we hadn't had the dessert party or only watched the parade once we could.have easily done the Grove, but the parade was more important to me.. I love the parade so much. All in all it was a glorious night, but crowds or crowd patterns were different then I thought.

Back at hotel, we left right at 11. We saw Sid and watched him a long time after the parade. Could have watched him longer but wanted to try the Grove. Line was all the way back to the plane by Soarin. Didn't appear to be moving super quick so we just cruised. Had a great time though. If we hadn't had the dessert party or only watched the parade once we could.have easily done the Grove, but the parade was more important to me.. I love the parade so much. All in all it was a glorious night, but crowds or crowd patterns were different then I thought.

Which parade did you do the dessert party? If it was the late one, happen to recall what time it ended and you could get out of there?

We are having the BEST time. I don't want to jinx it but we have had amazing luck so far. Hopefully we will get to see Sid before we leave, but the Grove was insane as well. Not sure if we will get to do that. Even if we don't we have had an amazing time. We are at dessert party and that is eating up a lot of time, but I got to see all the characters I wanted to see and both parades and my husband is enjoying just relaxing. He doesn't understand how I can do rope drop to park close. So, it has been a great time, just crowds are way more than I expected, but it could just be where I am at any given point.
Did you do any stand-alone characters, or just treat trails? And if so, how did you time them? I’m struggling with how to fit character meets into my plan, as we really want to do the Sanderson Sisters and Bruno. I’m thinking of lining up for the sisters during mix in, then Bruno during the first parade??

Did you do any stand-alone characters, or just treat trails? And if so, how did you time them? I’m struggling with how to fit character meets into my plan, as we really want to do the Sanderson Sisters and Bruno. I’m thinking of lining up for the sisters during mix in, then Bruno during the first parade??
We didn't do any character meets other than Mater. Lines were just too long. And we only did treat trails with character viewing. I think your plan sounds good. We passed Bruno after 2nd parade and his line was doable.

Which parade did you do the dessert party? If it was the late one, happen to recall what time it ended and you could get out of there?
We did 2nd parade dessert party. It must have ended around 10:30 or so. Right after it was done we hustled to see Sid and ended up watching him a bit. He was our favorite interaction of the night. Ernesto was great too. Judge Doom just sat in his chair, we wanted to see him dip his shoe, as did other people, but no luck and he was crowded so it took awhile. Oogie was great but his handlers were aggressively hurrying everyone up. We had to practically sprint past him. After Sid we walked past Grove and then did our parcel pickup and walked out of the gates at 1105.

I went Sunday and if those are your two priorties as character meets, I definitely agree about doing the Sanderson sisters first. Like, get in line by 5:30 for sure., because they stay pretty busy through the night. Bruno's line seemed to fluctuate the couple times I was over near him, and definitely shorter closer to the end of the night. (And probably during the parade too, but I was watching the first parade so I can't say. But I walked past him immediately after the 1st parade and it was manageable then, so I would assume that.)

I’m getting do excited for Sunday and am hoping the cooler temps stick around! I’m from AZ though so anything under 100 is cool for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter