Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

In the words of Lisa Simpson: "Just don't look! Just don't look!" 👀

Finally decided on my costume! I cheated and bought it (I feel guilty since I can sew, but I just don't have time with my current gig), but the smallest it came was medium so I currently have it in pieces to alter it to fit.

Also got fabric to make a matching costume for my panda stuffy. Thankfully that's a lot easier to make something for him than it is for me lol

Will share photos when everything is done.

I'm going to try and fail to keep this report short, but I went to the 9/17 OBB and had a great time. All of the recommendations that you usually hear are exactly right. Bring a bigger bag if you're doing treat trails. Eat dinner during mix-in so you don't waste time during the actual party. If you're a keyholder or have a day ticket, go into DCA before the mix-in. All true!

I got to the park around 1:30-1:40 and the line for people with OBB tickets was already getting long. I had a magic key reservation, so I just went right in. I rode a couple rides and got the new cold brew from Pym's (yum!), then at 2:30 headed over to the spot where you can check-in and got my wristband/map/bag, etc. (BTW, they don't start check-ins in the park until 2:30, but it goes SO FAST. Literally just a couple minutes for them to scan your ticket, take your picture and then hand you your stuff.)

I rode another ride, then headed over to try the sirloin tacos and watermelon candy cocktail at Paradise Garden Grill (also yum!), where I mostly just relaxed, listened to the mariachi bands and watched people coming through in their costumes. I had no plans to do any meet or greets (it's just not my thing, I generally watch characters from afar), so I didn't go line up for the photo ops. (But I do recommend doing that early if there's a character photo you desperately want!)

I started at Pixar Pier and took pictures of Lotso & Russell, then did the Sid treat trail (who is FANTASTIC). The Yokai treat trail was next, but it was shockingly long (Idk if it cleared out later in the night). Yokai looked great but... he doesn't really do much. Did a couple of the non-immersive treat trails, then rode the Little Mermaid (my fave tbh) and then got a prime position for the parade around 7:15. The Headless Horseman was so cool, and absolutely worth waiting for. However, the horse took a massive dump right past the Little Mermaid ride, but the DCA cleaning crew is like a military operation and sped out in formation to get it cleaned up before the parade. (To a round of THUNDEROUS applause from everyone on the parade route!)

The parade was really fantastically done and the thing I most wanted to see, so I was really pleased. (Was tempted to watch the 2nd show, but ended up not doing it because there was just too much to do.)

The line for Villain's Grove was too long, so I saw Bruno and Mother Gothel, then headed to Cars Land which really goes ALL OUT for Halloween. Then, hit Avengers Campus for Agatha and Ernesto De La Cruz (probably my favorite treat trail of the night). I love that they have a viewing area for Ernesto after you go through the trail. Meant I could wait around for more of his banter and singing. (The mask is fantastic and the CM is so charismatic.)

Saw the Sanderson sisters from afar, then hit the Cruella, Oogie Boogie & Judge Doom trails after that. The line for Mother Gothel was non-existent at that point, so I went through that trail again and off to Villain's Grove. It was right after the second parade had finished, so the line LOOKED long, but it vent very fast. If you're a geek for lighting and projections (that's me a little bit), it's worth going. Final stop was Madam Mim right as the clock was about to strike eleven and then back to the hotel.

My main complaint is honestly that it's not long enough of an event! It could easily go to 12 or 1 and still stay packed, IMO. You really do have to be selective with what you want to see. (I would have enjoyed seeing the Mickey Trick or Treat show, but there just wasn't time!) Those 5 hours go by SO FAST. So if this is your first OBB, definitely consider what your main priorities are, whether it's photo ops or treat trails or parades or the show. It's unlikely you'll be able to do it all, so plan accordingly.

This was my first OBB, and while I definitely had a blast, I don't know that I'll HAVE to make it a yearly fixture. But I would definitely consider going back in the future. (Also, I didn't have a costume planned, but had a Haunted Mansion dress that I was supposed to wear, but it just didn't work when I had it on at the hotel still. So t-shirt and shorts for me.)

Last edited:
I did my first OBB on Tuesday 9/19. It's not something that's ever really been on my radar, but I had an amazing time. My experience is probably different from most - I'm not all that interested in meeting characters, for example. But I'll throw in here what went well for me that night, in case it might help others with planning.

I had a park day that day, and spent most of it over at DL. I did grab LLs for Toy Story Mania and Guardians for around 4pm, figuring it'd be nice to get those done before the party. After finishing those, I grabbed my wristband at the check-in spot just before 5pm (no line), then left to grab a sandwich at Earl before re-entering around 5:30pm (fortunately through a non-party gate). I rode RSR once as a single-rider, finishing just before 6pm. (Good thing, too - I think RSR was down the last 90 minutes of the night.)

I walked through Cars Land and got to see the characters driving out, which was a fun way to start the evening. I walked past the Kingdom Hearts meet, then headed toward where Sid's line started.

With Sid, I didn't bother to get in line - which was huge at that point (6:20pm). A couple of CMs were standing between the pillars in front of the entrance to Pixar Pal-a-Round, and I just picked a spot there and watched Sid taunt guests for five or ten minutes. He does a great job. For my money, that might be the best way to experience him.

(I think the best Sid taunt I heard - as two women walked past him dressed as Maleficent and the Evil Queen: "Oh, look, Maleficent and the Evil Queen. How original! You're so popular, they didn't even invite you back this year!")

Side note: the MK bag pickup was long when I first walked past it, but the line was completely gone by 6:30pm. The only line inside was if you wanted to take advantage of the photo op (I didn't).

I went through Mother Gothel as my first treat trail. It was early - not many people there, but she was fun.

I went over to Judge Doom and got there at 6:40pm. He wasn't out at that moment, and people were hanging out and waiting. Around 6:45pm, he "emerged" and did his whole show. It was absolutely fantastic. I think the only flaw here - it kinda stopped being a line and started becoming a "show" - he kinda had to start shooing people away. I'm the right age for this, and this was probably my favorite thing of the evening.

I did wonder if Doom does the show on a schedule, or if it's just something that happens when he comes back from a break. Assuming there is a schedule, I can definitely recommend 6:45pm - there weren't many people there, and we got the whole show.

From there, I went around the park, eventually arriving at Ernesto. Line was long-ish - but, again, I think the best thing was: when I got closer to being in front of him, I stepped out of the line into the center area behind it, and just watched him for five or ten minutes. His interactions were great, and "Remember Me" was fun. Another highlight.

I made my way over to an area on the west side of Little Mermaid to watch the Horseman. Fantastic. (Went past me right at 7:50pm.) I thought about watching part of the parade, but wanted to catch Villains Grove while it was happening. The line for VG was longish, but not terrible. (Got in around 8pm, spent about fifteen minutes there.)

I thought Villains Grove was really, really cool. This is my kinda thing - multimedia experimentation. I'm not even sure I can describe it - I think I'd have to post videos. Another big highlight.

From there, I headed back towards Carthay Circle, and caught the last part of the parade, walking with it down Hollywood Boulevard. As soon as the parade ended, I went in to see Oogie - as did everyone else. Honestly, another situation where I was glad to jump out of the line and just watch him do his thing. (He went on break barely five minutes after I walked in - around 8:30pm - which was kind of unfortunate timing, considering how many people were inside.)

Everything seemed busy post-parade, so I decided to ride Guardians while I was nearby. Tried to ride RSR, but it was down. Luigi's had a long-ish wait, then went down. Rode Mater's. Wandered for a bit - then headed over to Avengers Campus for Agatha. (She was fine - but didn't seem to have many people to play off of when I went through.)

I walked back through Sanfransokyo Square and used the same approach for Yokai - just stood to the side and caught his vibe. (Enh.)

I had an MEP from earlier in the day, and decide to indulge in a night ride of Thunder Mountain (a favorite) and catch some nighttime DL Halloween vibes. (This was the last day of my trip, so I figured it was a nice "ending".) This was perfect for me - but there's an alternate reality where I would've stuck around DCA and watched the late parade. (I'm not normally a parade watcher, but the parts I saw were pretty great.)

Got back to DCA around 10:40pm and headed back to take one more stroll through Villains Grove. Line was long-ish, got inside around 10:50pm. Again, lovely. Finished just after 11pm, and exited at GCH around 11:05pm.

Just a really fun evening. Maybe busier than I expected, and a bummer that some of the rides went down. I was apprehensive going in as to whether it'd be worth the ticket cost for me - and I'm waffling as to whether it was - but I don't regret it at all - the highlights were definitely worth it.

Last edited:
I did my first OBB on Tuesday 9/19. It's not something that's ever really been on my radar, but I had an amazing time. My experience is probably different from most - I'm not all that interested in meeting characters, for example. But I'll throw in here what went well for me that night, in case it might help others with planning.

I had a park day that day, and spent most of it over at DL. I did grab LLs for Toy Story Mania and Guardians for around 4pm, figuring it'd be nice to get those done before the party. After finishing those, I grabbed my wristband at the check-in spot just before 5pm (no line), then left to grab a sandwich at Earl before re-entering around 5:30pm (fortunately through a non-party gate). I rode RSR once as a single-rider, finishing just before 6pm. (Good thing, too - I think RSR was down the last 90 minutes of the night.)

I walked through Cars Land and got to see the characters driving out, which was a fun way to start the evening. I walked past the Kingdom Hearts meet, then headed toward where Sid's line started.

With Sid, I didn't bother to get in line - which was huge at that point (6:20pm). A couple of CMs were standing between the pillars in front of the entrance to Pixar Pal-a-Round, and I just picked a spot there and watched Sid taunt guests for five or ten minutes. He does a great job. For my money, that might be the best way to experience him.

(I think the best Sid taunt I heard - as two women walked past him dressed as Maleficent and the Evil Queen: "Oh, look, Maleficent and the Evil Queen. How original! You're so popular, they didn't even invite you back this year!")

Side note: the MK bag pickup was long when I first walked past it, but the line was completely gone by 6:30pm. The only line inside was if you wanted to take advantage of the photo op (I didn't).

I went through Mother Gothel as my first treat trail. It was early - not many people there, but she was fun.

I went over to Judge Doom and got there at 6:40pm. He wasn't out at that moment, and people were hanging out and waiting. Around 6:45pm, he "emerged" and did his whole show. It was absolutely fantastic. I think the only flaw here - it kinda stopped being a line and started becoming a "show" - he kinda had to start shooing people away. I'm the right age for this, and this was probably my favorite thing of the evening.

I did wonder if Doom does the show on a schedule, or if it's just something that happens when he comes back from a break. Assuming there is a schedule, I can definitely recommend 6:45pm - there weren't many people there, and we got the whole show.

From there, I went around the park, eventually arriving at Ernesto. Line was long-ish - but, again, I think the best thing was: when I got closer to being in front of him, I stepped out of the line into the center area behind it, and just watched him for five or ten minutes. His interactions were great, and "Remember Me" was fun. Another highlight.

I made my way over to an area on the west side of Little Mermaid to watch the Horseman. Fantastic. (Went past me right at 7:50pm.) I thought about watching part of the parade, but wanted to catch Villains Grove while it was happening. The line for VG was longish, but not terrible. (Got in around 8pm, spent about fifteen minutes there.)

I thought Villains Grove was really, really cool. This is my kinda thing - multimedia experimentation. I'm not even sure I can describe it - I think I'd have to post videos. Another big highlight.

From there, I headed back towards Carthay Circle, and caught the last part of the parade, walking with it down Hollywood Boulevard. As soon as the parade ended, I went in to see Oogie - as did everyone else. Honestly, another situation where I was glad to jump out of the line and just watch him do his thing. (He went on break barely five minutes after I walked in - around 8:30pm - which was kind of unfortunate timing, considering how many people were inside.)

Everything seemed busy post-parade, so I decided to ride Guardians while I was nearby. Tried to ride RSR, but it was down. Luigi's had a long-ish wait, then went down. Rode Mater's. Wandered for a bit - then headed over to Avenger's Campus for Agatha. (She was fine - but didn't seem to have many people to play off of when I went through.)

I walked back through Sanfransokyo Square and used the same approach for Yokai - just stood to the side and caught his vibe. (Enh.)

I had an MEP from earlier in the day, and decide to indulge in a night ride of Thunder Mountain (a favorite) and catch some nighttime DL Halloween vibes. (This was the last day of my trip, so I figured it was a nice "ending".) This was perfect for me - but there's an alternate reality where I would've stuck around DCA and watched the late parade. (I'm not normally a parade watcher, but the parts I saw were pretty great.)

Got back to DCA around 10:40pm and headed back to take one more stroll through Villains Grove. Line was long-ish, got inside around 10:50pm. Again, lovely. Finished just after 11pm, and exited at GCH around 11:05pm.

Just a really fun evening. Maybe busier than I expected, and a bummer that some of the rides went down. I was apprehensive going in as to whether it'd be worth the ticket cost for me - and I'm waffling as to whether it was - but I don't regret it at all - the highlights were definitely worth it.
Thank you for sharing! You are the second person to say it was more crowded than you expected. I guess Disney is pa king more people in. Sigh.

Thank you for sharing! You are the second person to say it was more crowded than you expected. I guess Disney is pa king more people in. Sigh.
It was really hard to tell if it was that or if it was simply that everyone was in line for something everywhere, so it was just more visible. Like, is it busy, or is it just that everyone's trying to do the same thing at the same time.

With the first parade - it kinda looked like a normal day parade crowd - but I'm assuming that's the parade most people wanted to watch. Getting around the area in front of Sid was tough at 6:30pm - it was just a sea of people. But there were areas like the more out-of-the-way treat trails that were probably pretty empty most of the night.

(The one I could never quite figure out was what I assume was a treat trail next to the Kingdom Hearts meet and greet - big line, but I couldn't see anything there other than people grabbing candy.)

I think Guardians was maybe a ten-minute wait (probably five) when I rode it, but I think the ride lines got longer after the first parade. (With the added complication of RSR going down.)

My only previous experience like this was a Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom maybe a decade ago, and that was a much lighter crowd. (I also did a post-race party at Epcot a few years later that was pretty dead for most of the night.) On the whole, I'd say this felt more like a "medium" DCA day than a special "light attendance" event.

Well that is a bit lame IMHO. Halloween outfits at Goofy's Kitchen are the ones from last year on Town Square.

(The one I could never quite figure out was what I assume was a treat trail next to the Kingdom Hearts meet and greet - big line, but I couldn't see anything there other than people grabbing candy.)

It's what they call a non-immersive treat trail. No characters, just treats. There's that one at Paradise Gardens Park and then another one back on the path between Cars Land and San Fransokyo, and also the trail as you head down Buena Vista street towards the exit. So it's just a constant flow since no one is stopping to interact with characters.

Everything seemed busy post-parade, so I decided to ride Guardians while I was nearby. Tried to ride RSR, but it was down. Luigi's had a long-ish wait, then went down. Rode Mater's. Wandered for a bit - then headed over to Avengers Campus for Agatha. (She was fine - but didn't seem to have many people to play off of when I went through.)

We had a lot of the same thoughts! Very smart to skip Sid's line and just watch for a bit, I wish we had done that to save our legs. He was so so funny. I think it was well worth it in place of a day ticket for a shorter trip, but for someone doing a longer trip it may not be as "worth" the extra cost. I had fun but agree it felt as packed as a regular day, I suppose since everyone is out and about instead of in ride lines for the most part. I did MVMCP in 2019 and that was far less crowded despite people saying WDW parties are way more crowded than they used to be. We are actually surprised we didn't come home sick (it's been a week so we think we're in the clear) with how packed in we were in those treat trail lines.

It's what they call a non-immersive treat trail. No characters, just treats. There's that one at Paradise Gardens Park and then another one back on the path between Cars Land and San Fransokyo, and also the trail as you head down Buena Vista street towards the exit. So it's just a constant flow since no one is stopping to interact with characters.
That makes sense! I think I was surprised by how many people were going through it at that point - felt like something important for some reason. (Maybe just early-evening excitement.)

Side note: I think I have more packs of Fudge Brownie M&Ms than I will ever be able to consume. :D

That makes sense! I think I was surprised by how many people were going through it at that point - felt like something important for some reason. (Maybe just early-evening excitement.)

Side note: I think I have more packs of Fudge Brownie M&Ms than I will ever be able to consume. :D

More than once I overheard people in various lines say, "I don't even know what I'm in line for, I'm just following everyone else". LOL. And I get that! Early in the night the Yokai line and the non-immersive line in CarsLand were bumping up against each other and it was like... what are we doing?? (The CMs were doing a good job at wrangling the lines though!)

I did get the hang of the whole thing after a bit, but I still almost missed Madam Mim's line at the end of the night!

Also would love some feedback on this and some info on when they actually exit. The year I was there with a party we were the tail ones out (so maybe 11:05 or something) but cast members were ushering people towards the front gates and GCH exit was blocked off.

If I can use that exit if I get to it at 10:45 or something I totally am willing to lose a few minutes to the party to save 15 to 20 minutes routing all the way through the front gate to then just circle all the way back to DLH.

We were told at both the GCH exits this evening that they were open until 11. We walked out the PP/GCH exit after the second parade at 10:25 (followed the parade from the Jumpin Jellyfish area).

We were told at both the GCH exits this evening that they were open until 11. We walked out the PP/GCH exit after the second parade at 10:25 (followed the parade from the Jumpin Jellyfish area).
Reference point: typically PP entrance closes right at park closing while GCH remains open well past park close.

OBB specific: GCH remained close at least to 1145P last year for us after we caught GOTG then Webslingers right at the end

Sid and Ernesto are the two I really want to see. Do you think I should do them later in the evening?

This is the third party I’ve gone to and have yet to do Villains Grove so that is a priority too!

I’m going to try to see Oogie to get a video to send to my granddaughter who is two and obsessed with my Oogie popcorn bucket and plush.

Sid and Ernesto are the two I really want to see. Do you think I should do them later in the evening?

I know another poster in here said the Sid line was very long when they went. I went right at the beginning of the party and the line was long-ish but moved fast. So I would either make it your first thing to do if you're not doing photo ops, or do it later in the evening when the crowd thins out a bit.

Ernesto seemed to stay steady the couple times I went past there. I don't think everyone realizes (or listens to the CMs when they say so) that the line has to keep moving, and then you can go in the separate viewing area to take more pictures/videos and watch him perform. But, honestly, Sid and Ernesto were the most entertaining lines because you can hear and see them the whole time you're in the line.

I know another poster in here said the Sid line was very long when they went. I went right at the beginning of the party and the line was long-ish but moved fast. So I would either make it your first thing to do if you're not doing photo ops, or do it later in the evening when the crowd thins out a bit.

Ernesto seemed to stay steady the couple times I went past there. I don't think everyone realizes (or listens to the CMs when they say so) that the line has to keep moving, and then you can go in the separate viewing area to take more pictures/videos and watch him perform. But, honestly, Sid and Ernesto were the most entertaining lines because you can hear and see them the whole time you're in the line.
Thank you for the info! We’re not into meet and greets or at least not standing in long lines for them! We’re eating at Lamplight Lounge at 4:30 and will head over to Sid right when we’re done there. If anything I can stand off to the side and listen if the line is too long.

So funny because my impression of the party on 9/19 was that it was SUCH a low crowd level. This was my group's first ever OBB (or hard ticket event, for that matter), so maybe we have nothing to compare it to? Here are some bullet points with my observations/thoughts:
  • The decor at DCA is honestly killer. From the front gates all the way to the back of the park.
  • We did 2 full park days on 9/17 and 9/18 so we slept in for our party day and then lined up about about 2:30 to enter the park at mix in time. It was DEFINITELY crowded, but because we'd already ridden every ride we wanted at least once during the previous two days, we could focus on enjoying ambiance.
  • It was warm and sunny, so we started out with shopping. Then we did Mater's and Luigi's. We waited max 10 mins for each ride, but the day before Luigi's line was up to 30 mins long.
  • Next we watched the 4:30 Coco show over at Plaza de la Familia. So cute! Then we had dinner at PGG and relaxed a bit before getting churros.
  • Now it was almost 6, and crowds in the park were thinning out, so we did some of the rides on Paradise Pier while we waited for shorter lines.
  • I'd been warned that the treat trails lines would be crazy in the first hour, and when we walked by Judge Doom's and Sid's that was DEFINITELY true. We got in line for Incredicoaster right around 7 and basically walked right on. AMAZING! I love riding this one at dusk when you can still see, but the lights on the pier are also on.
  • I read some very smart advice from bloggers to watch the first parade from right in front of Little Mermaid and then hustle over to Villains Grove as soon as it passes. This is what we did next, and it worked like a charm. We waited... 3 minutes? 4? to get into VG. Once we came out of it, the line went almost all the way back to the Soarin extended queue.
  • After this, we did some more treat trails, which all had pretty dang short lines. We rode Guardians twice in a row... did a couple more treat trails, and by then it was like 10:40. We had done everything we wanted, so we exited the park a little bit early. DEFINITELY was crowded heading in the direction of DTD and the parking trams.
Overall, we all thought it was well worth the price, even just for the short lines. None of us are big into photo ops, so we really could do everything!

Anyone that’s going soon-ish and doing the dessert party for the late parade, mind posting what time it’s over and you can start to leave?

Super super awesome if someone also posts if the Grand Californian or Paradise Pier entrances are open right after the late parade to exit the park..

Trying to make a 10:55pm seating at Trader Sam’s 🤣
I went to OBB on 9/19: and stayed at the GCH. Went in the "side" entrance right into DCA and several ladies were there putting on your band and giving you your Halloween treat bag. We entered at 3:45'ish PM: they scanned our normal tickets and didn't even want to see our OBB tickets. I told them I'm here for the party and they just said, OK. We just showed the ladies with the arm bands our tickets. However, we went back to the room, and once we returned after 6:00pm, we then had to scan our tickets. I wasn't able to make any of the parades; the later parade was CROWDED!! So, my feet begged me to skip, and yes that side exit on GCH was open well after parade.

I was there on 9/19 also, I thought it was packed. It was all mid for me. Am I losing my Disney love? I had tickets to the Dessert party for the parade: then dumped them about a week before we went. I just didn't want to "waste" so much time in line waiting for the parade: my strategy was to see more characters and treat trails. I wish I would have just relaxed at the parade.

We just arrived home from a weeklong DL trip and loved, loved, LOVED OBB!!! :maleficen

Thank you, DL boards! So many of you have helped out more than you know. DH took me back to DL this past January nearly 30 years after our honeymoon (I’m a SoCal native). It felt good to be back again so soon.

This time we got to bring adult DD, and it was her first DL everything. After attending MNSSHP for years, many times twice a season, she said OBB is so much more organized, elaborately creative, and less crowded. Bravo, Disneyland!

I also wanted to share our plans (sorry it’s long)!

We attended (2) parties: 17th and 19th. Being new to OBB, I put together an itinerary, otherwise, we would’ve wasted so much time, money, and fun without it. I based it loosely off this map from DisneylandTourGuide here (pic posted below).

This was all about Villain Treat Trails, Villains Grove, and the Frightfully Fun Parade for us, so we did not participate in M&G and only rode one ride. However, we could’ve easily stopped for a few if we wanted, especially later in the evening. For example, Bruno had a short line when exiting Mother Gothel.

Ok, on to the party details…:tink:

We stayed at the Westin and used the main park entrance to enter. I know there are Disney resort DCA entrances on the west side, but I wasn’t sure if we were allowed to use them. The Pixar Pier entrance definitely required a room key. Not sure about GC. However, we used the Pixar exit right before every DCA and OBB park closing time.

Main entrance lines were long by the time we arrived the first night, but gave us the opportunity to soak in our first OBB opening, admire costumes, and get a mobile order going. And so glad I did, because food lines got crazy quick. I saw a group get turned away at the gate, and hoped it wasn’t because their tickets got cancelled. They just kept staring at their phones. Hopefully it was only because they were in the wrong line 😬. We picked up bands, bags, DD’s first-time pin, and off we went to Flo’s Cafe. The CM were pros at staffing, sweeps, and band checks. Back to costumes, they add to the price of admission, if you ask me. There are so many more here in September than at MNSSHP.

Frightfully Fun Parade - phenomenal! Not as long as Boo-To-You, but more my style. DL plays with the dark side. My favorite was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow kick-off. Back in the day, MNSSHP’s BTY used to have a grave caretaker with his (real) hound. For some reason, this gave me that sentimental vibe. Finding a front row spot for the parade 30-40 min beforehand was super easy. For the first party, we sat at the entrance to Avengers Campus, and for the second, we sat on Hollywood Blvd. It was darker at the first location, but fun and hilarious at the second location watching all the little ones dance in the street before the parade.

Tip: we did the opposite of what a CM suggested (to wait until the second parade). We don’t wait, because sometimes you don’t get a second parade. On the 17th, if we had waited, we would not have seen the Headless Horseman.

Villain Treat Trails - the Villain’s interactions are 😙👌. I’m sure some of you have caught this before, but Sid saw a guest dressed up as Wanda, raised his magnifying glass to her forehead, and said, “I see you’ve lost your…Vision!” A cross reference to the hole he burned into Woody’s head and Vision’s Mind Stone. Perfect. And Judge Doom is a 10/10. Smooth and disturbing. He has an ASMR voice. I stepped over to the side and watched him work his charm on the crowd. He had folks rooting for the dip (some of y’all ain’t right, lol). The neon lights they recently added to Doom’s set helps brighten the “alley” at night. Ernesto is so spot on, it’s perfecto. And Madam Mim is an absolute hoot. Loved them all.

Tip: here, again, we did the opposite of what a CM suggested and visited Judge Doom later rather than early. By this time, the CMs were very lax in allowing folks to stop, interact, and take photos/selfies/videos of the Villains.

Candy - we got tons. At first, the CMs appear stingy (1 or 2 pieces), but having so many trails, it accumulates fast. Especially with the bigger bags of Sun Chips, Goldfish, and fruit. We ended up giving much of it away to the CMs, homeless, and hotel staff. It’s amazing to see adults light up like a Christmas Tree when you give them candy.

Tip: bring a ziplock to put the cold carrots and apples in. The moisture from these caused our M&M bags to wrinkle up. We felt bad giving them away because they looked terrible. Also, Buena Vista Treat Trail (entrance) gives the full sizes M&M bags.

Villains Grove - oh my, I could’ve stayed there for a long time. So dark, foggy, beautiful, ethereal, peaceful. Loved the haunting entrance with the candelabras in the forest. And the Light at the End of the Tunnel felt like we were entering a portal to…heaven? One of my most favorite experiences at OBB (along with NBC Haunted Mansion overlay in DL ❤️).

Tip: exiting Judge Doom pretty much takes you right in line to Villains Grove.

Mix-In Time (17th):

• 2:30 PM Entered the main entrance line
  • 2:45 Mobile order Flo’s (3:15-3:45)
  • 3:15 Flo’s Cafe
  • 4 pm Saw Loki and Spider-Man
  • 4:30 Dr. Strange / Ancient Sanctum
  • 5:00 Cut thru San Fransokyo Square (by this time, long mobile ordering times for food) and grabbed a sourdough bread sample
  • 5:30 hung around for first Treat Trail (not allowed to form lines)

Party (17th):
  • 5:45 Golden Zephyr Treat trail (#1 on map) out 6:02
  • 6:05 Sid Treat Trail (#2 on map) out 6:24
  • 6:30 Yokai Treat Trail (#3 on map) out 6:48
  • SKIPPED Carsland Treat Trail (#4 on the map)
  • 6:50 Watch Carsland Sunset Lights 7 pm (Snap a photo with one of the residents of Carsland, utilize PhotoPass it comes with your ticket).
  • 7:08 Agatha Treat Trail (#5 on map) out 7:17 Agatha wasn’t there 😢
  • 7:20 Wait for 7:45 parade @ Avengers Campus entrance
  • 7:54 Headless Horseman came thru
  • 8:05 Parade came thru
  • Walked thru Avengers Campus to Hollywood Blvd (parade was still going thru)
  • 8:25 Oogie boogie Treat Trail (#8 on map) out 8:29
  • 8:31 Ernesto de la Cruz Treat Trail (#6 on map) out 8:36
  • We watched Ernesto in the overflow
  • 8:42 Cruella Treat Trail (#7 on map) out 8:45
  • 8:50 Madam Mim Treat Trail (#9 on map) out 8:53
  • 8:55 Judge Doom Treat Trail (#11 on map) out 9:06
  • 9:08 Villains Grove out 9:30
  • 9:32 Mother Gothel Treat Trail (#10 on map) out 9:37
  • Aunt Cass Cafe soup break (note: closes at 10 pm)
  • 10:16 Back to Agatha Treat Trail (#5 on map) out 10:19
  • 10:20 Rode Webslingers
  • 10:30 Pixar Pier exit

For the second party, we entered earlier in the day using a park ticket and in-park event checkin. At 5:30 pm we started with Sid (#2) which made us 2nd in line. Timing was almost on par with the first night.

Party (19th):
  • Sid Treat Trail (#2 on map)
  • Golden Zelpher Treat Trail twice (#1 on map)
  • Carsland Treat Trail (#4 on map)
  • Watch Carsland Sunset Lights
  • Walked through Avengers Campus and skipped Agatha #5 (line was too long)
  • Madam Min Treat Trail (#9 on map)
  • Parade spot on Hollywood Blvd in front of Oogie Boogie
  • Oogie Boogie Treat Trail (#8 on map)
  • Ernesto De La Cruz Treat Trail (#6 on map)
  • Cruella Treat Trail (#7 on map)
  • Buena Vista Treat Trail (#12 on map). Saw some of the rare characters out, Headless Horseman statue, and watched Halloween projections on Carthay Circle Restaurant
  • Judge Doom Treat Trail (#11 on map)
  • Villains Grove
  • Mother Gothel Treat Trail (#10 on map)
  • Back to Madam Mim Treat Trail (#9 on map)
  • Aunt Cass Cafe soup break, sat near San Fransoyko Square/parade route tables to watch 2nd parade
  • Yokai Treat Trail (#3 on map)
  • Pixar Pier exit

Hope this helps someone! Thanks again!
:maleficen:hmghost::mickeyjum

1695234035631-png.795637.png

Courtesy of DisneylandTourGuide

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter