• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OOGIE BOOGIE October Exercise Challenge

I am in for 465.

I have been absent for a few years but am excited to be back.

I need to get back into the swing of a lot of things including exercising. I want to feel better so I have some serious energy for our one day excursion to Disney in December.

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle on turning Sally Blue, and to Fleur Delacour on being the first member to reach Ghost Dog Zero Orange.

Zero is Jack Skellington's :dog:. He looks like a canine version of the traditional Halloween ghost - made from a sheet with holes for eyes. His nose, though, is a glowing orange jack o' lantern. When Jack wants to deliver Christmas presents through thick fog, Zero must lead the way with his glowing nose. Hmm, not too obvious a reference to Rudolph...

Apparently it's been a big debate since Nightmare was released: is it a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie? The director, Henry Selick, offered his opinion in response to a girl's inquiry at last year's Telluride horror film festival. What do you think he said? Halloween movie or Christmas movie?

I gave away my own opinion by assigning this theme to October. But Henry Selick confirmed that Nightmare is a Halloween movie, not a Christmas movie.

Last edited:
10/2 - 10
10/4 - 15
10/5 - 15 *

* so far - if you guys catch me posting on the DIS too much today, remind me I'm supposed to make up some exercise time!

new total: 65/465

Should I admit that I have never actually seen The Nightmare Before Christmas? I expect they'll show it on TV this month, so I'll be checking the guide, so I can get in on the discussion here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter