Oops, he did it again! Another Free Trip! (Updated 3/24)

KimM82

Earning My Ears
Hello All! Long time lurker, first time poster? I think?
Life long Disney fan. I went as a kid, did the CP, and then went back in my 20's. Once I had my kids (Now 11 and 13), I've had the pleasure of taking them 3 times!
A little bit about me.. I live in Northeastern MA with my husband and children. I am a Police/Fire/EMS Dispatcher, he is a sales consultant for a large electronics retailer and as I said above, I have two girls. I'm not so good at adding pictures in here just yet, so forgive me!
So, now to the point of this trip. Last year, my husband was one of the top sellers in his company and the reward- a weeklong conference in Orlando. We stayed at the Gaylord Palms, and had two days at the Parks (all on the company's dime!)
Fast forward to this year... It was much harder, but he won the contest again! This time, I am so excited because we are in the "bubble" this year. They are putting up us all the Dolphin! We will be down May 13-17th, and again two days at the parks. I have one day to myself while he is in training/conference all day. That plan is yet to be established. We do have one dinner planned, Shula's on our anniversary (oh yeah, I forgot the mention, 2nd year in a row I get to spend my anniversary in WDW!)
He was never that much into Disney, but now our 3rd trip in a year has him excited too! I look forward to chatting with you all.

I will get to updating more! I am also on the board for our youth softball league, and the season has been gearing up so I've been super busy behind the scenes.

All right, let's get you introduced to this cast of characters!
Epcot.jpg
This is me and DH on last year's work trip! (No, we aren't from Michigan, it's an homage to Tom Brady... last year everyone was like Go Blue! And he was just like... thanks? We don't follow a lot of college sports, Boston has enough pro teams that cause us stress!)

girls plane.jpg
Here you have DD13(left) and DD11(right) . Clearly not fans of our bright and early trip home!!

Our Plans:
Mon 5/13- Our flight leaves at 6:15AM, layover in BWI, and hope to arrive in Orlando around 1:15. Check into hotel (Dolphin). They usually do a welcome party the first night, and we hope to hop over to Disney Springs (DH is dying for Oysters at Boathouse... even though we live in New England!)

Tue 5/14: They provide us breakfast at the hotel. After that DH is in meetings/trainings all day. I am undecided what to do with myself just yet. My thoughts: Character Warehouse, Resort Hopping, or Shopping at Springs. I am looking into other activities I saw like Painting at Coronado Springs, or Sangria University. Tuesday night, we are waiting to see if he made what is called "top of the top"- representing the best of the best of the company. If he did, the company hosts a dinner. If not, we will find dinner somewhere.

Wed 5/15- Park Day! Because we're at Dolphin, we get early morning hours! We're going to start off at Animal Kingdom doing a few of our favorite things! We haven't yet done Flight of Passage so that is a priority. I might be able to get him on Everest, and we also want to do the Safari. I really want to see the Lion King Show as well.
We are then going to hop on over to EPCOT. He wants to ride GOG (I'm still nervous about it), and then we are going to eat and drink around the World!

Thu 5/16: Happy 4th Anniversary to us!! We are starting our day at Magic Kingdom, then back to the hotel to change for dinner at Shula's. After that we are heading over to MGM (it will never be Hollywood Studios to me), and I am hoping to introduce him to Fantasmic. Crossing my fingers that RNRC is back open.

Fri 5/17: Our flight home isn't until 6:30pm, so we have all day to do whatever we choose. Maybe back to Springs, maybe lounge at the pool, we'll have to wait and see!!

The girls will not be joining us on this trip. DD13 is in 8th grade and doing really well in school and I don't want her missing a week. DD11 is in 6th grade and having a harder time and taking her out would be detrimental. We are gracious enough that my mother is going to stay with them for the week!

I will update as things get closer!

Fast forward to this year... It was much harder, but he won the contest again! This time, I am so excited because we are in the "bubble" this year. They are putting up us all the Dolphin!
Congrats to your husband! Even better to be staying in the bubble. Those sound like great plans!

Yay for a special anniversary trip! Even better when it is a reward for hard work!

What a wonderful experience- not one but two Disney Trips- a great reward for a clearly stellar employee. So nice that you both get to share in his prize! Congratulations :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter