Operation Disney in December--PTR followed by TR!

Thanks ociana! I am getting super excited! I am sure you are too... once you can start making those ressies it seems so much closer! The funny thing is the expiration on my milk is what really gets it for me. Right now our milk expires Novemvber 28th (of course it'll be gone by this weekend!) But pretty soon the milk I will buy won't expire until we are on our trip!! Then I'll know we are really really close! ;)

Did you see the post about 4 and 5 day tickets have to go to different turnstiles. I am sure I will still pick the wrong one... whatever line you see me in, go to a different one... even a choice of 2 and I will pick the slowest line. Maybe I'll have my daughter pick...

Anyone know when they will post park hours for the rest of December? I guess I'm used to WDW hours being posted about 6 months out.
Emailed Disney dining today and made reservations for our arrival night for Goofy's Kitchen and then Big Thunder Ranch BBQ on our last night. I'm starting to get very excited for this trip! We are going as a family to celebrate my graduation from Nursing School in December. This is also the first trip that our second child will be old enjoy to enjoy the characters and rides!! 53 days until arrival!

Anyone know when they will post park hours for the rest of December? I guess I'm used to WDW hours being posted about 6 months out.
Emailed Disney dining today and made reservations for our arrival night for Goofy's Kitchen and then Big Thunder Ranch BBQ on our last night. I'm starting to get very excited for this trip! We are going as a family to celebrate my graduation from Nursing School in December. This is also the first trip that our second child will be old enjoy to enjoy the characters and rides!! 53 days until arrival!

Each day they add a day... 6 weeks out... so today they added the 6th of December... its hard to wait, but you kindof get used to it! lol SOme cms at Disney Dining will tell you the hours of your trip... but they aren't officially official until they get posted--and yep, even then they can change!

Thanks ociana! I am getting super excited! I am sure you are too... once you can start making those ressies it seems so much closer! The funny thing is the expiration on my milk is what really gets it for me. Right now our milk expires Novemvber 28th (of course it'll be gone by this weekend!) But pretty soon the milk I will buy won't expire until we are on our trip!! Then I'll know we are really really close! ;)

Did you see the post about 4 and 5 day tickets have to go to different turnstiles. I am sure I will still pick the wrong one... whatever line you see me in, go to a different one... even a choice of 2 and I will pick the slowest line. Maybe I'll have my daughter pick...

The milk expiration is a great measure! I love that.

Yes, I saw the post about 4 and 5 day tickets. I am hoping that people's experiences between now and when we leave will help us sort that out...but I expect we will need to get to the gate even earlier to compensate.

Our big issue right now is that some deadlines at my work got moved up to January 3rd. They already have canceled my second week of vacation that was schedule right after my trip and I have been warned that they could try to cancel my trip. They did this two years ago to my Christmas Disney trip, so I am going to fight pretty hard for them not to cancel this one. Luckily, my boss is fighting along with me...but we could lose. :sad:

In happier news, we booked Carthay Circle for lunch on Christmas! My poor hubby had to make the call (I had an early meeting and couldn't) and I prepped him for it last night. I made him confirm for me that he had all the bits.. "Remember to say we want world of color passes", "remember that we want it close to 1pm". Poor guy was ready to kill me, but it worked!

@ociana--I don't think it is very fair to make you move a trip that was already approved and booked... I would be fighting big time--telling them I have non-refundable flights or something. Hope it works out in your favor! pixiedust:

Officially today all my hours are up on Disneyland.com... of course, other than the fireworks, no entertainment is up yet. But its almost the 1st, and that is my guess when they will announce CP stuff and really update the calendar.

Oh, speaking of CP, Lou Diamond Phillips is the speaker over the time we would want to attend. I wasn't thrilled with this at first (what has he done recently?? :confused3)... but now I have decided this is a good thing.. should be way less crowds then on Dick Van Dyke nights!!

Whew, finally caught up on this thread.

I am going when Ociana is going and am totally excited. We didn't do Christmas last year so this year is big. Next year we will be at WDW for Christmas, doing our first cruise, so this will be our last Disneyland Christmas for a few years.

We decided several years ago to stop staying at the Disney hotels so we could go more often. Instead of one big trip a year we do several smaller trips. Right now, I am regretting this decision. I would love to have access to those EMH at DCA, but oh well. We are getting AP's so the 6 day passes being gone only bothered us for a month or so. Now it is a moot point.

We are doing the Christmas Tour on the 23rd, either Rainforest or Naples for Dinner Christmas Eve, and Carthay for Christmas Dinner. Minnie's Breakfast on the 27th. All of my priority seatings have been made.

Thanks so much for this pre trip report. It has been fun to read and get excited along with you.

Oh, and while I don't live in Oregon anymore, I was born there, so I guess you can count me as an Oregonian going to Disneyland for Christmas!

Welcome carolwoodpr! Sounds like you have a great trip planned!! I keep looking at Disney cruises, but I know if we flew to Florida I'd want to check out wdw, and we wouldn't have time to do it justice... And leaving from California to do the Mexican riviera sounds great too... But we'd have to spend time at DL too... Could be a long vacay!

I am really really ready for more info on the calendar... I feel like I have been saying that for months tho! I swear the Disney parks blog is just teasing with all these worthless blogs, when all I really want to know is more about cp... And whether f! will be fri/sat/sun like I expect... Oh and the Christmas parade... When will they squeeze that in?? The earl of sandwich news does nothing for me... I pretty much only like plain French dips or pb&j when it comes to sandwiches. The skate rink looks cool... And I told dd we would check the hours and maybe do it on the way back to PPH one night. I can't imagine spending a lot of time there though. So it's almost Halloween... Lets hope for some news Thursday!!

I just looked at the schedule and was pumped because the whole month was out. Then I realized I was looking at November. :(

This trip is going to be a blast. Our biggest problem is that I am in a scooter and that really slows us down. It is horrible to use in crowds and you and I both know that our trip is going to be full of crowds.

But it doesn't matter because I get to see all of my favorite things, check out some new things and just have a generally great time. Disneyland is my favorite place to be no matter what time of year, but especially at Christmas.

As for the cruise, we are adding WDW too. We are getting the Premier Pass so we will have all parks on both coasts paid for with these passes. I could not do a cruise without adding the parks too. But I am very excited for that, and I think I might do what you did in the cruise forum. Start a pre trip report.

Thanks for letting me join your thread! Only two more days for you to wait for CP hopefully.

The calendar is filling out!! Still nothing on cp, but I feel that it will be really soon... Maybe tomorrow??

I tweaked my blue bayou ressie... I think i have day 1 pretty well worked out... Arrival around 10, check in, head to DCA, soarin if lines are short, symphony swings (dd's favorite), little mermaid, lunch at paradise garden grill, try and talk dd onto goofys flight school & screamin, Aladdin @ 2:20... Then cross over to DL and find a good place to park it near the beginning of the parade route, and watch the 4 pm parade... Then blue bayou at 4:50, should be done around 6ish... Time for a few rides--hm, pirates, pooh, jungle cruise... then go around 8 to find a place to watch the fireworks in the hub area... Doesn't have to be the best spot ever... I figure 45 minutes early on a Wednesday night should be sufficient to get a good spot tho. Then it will be bed time for sure!! I am sure we won't get our room at check in, so we'll have to get our bags from the bell captain, and I am hoping for some sort of Christmas surprise to be In our room... Not a tree, but a fun basket of some sort!

Getting super excited here!!

Trip is paid off!

I get to book my F! dessert seating on Wednesday for Dec 7th! ::yes::

And... with any freaking luck, a CP dining package on Friday for Dec 9th! :banana:

Then one more little thing of ordering some sort of amenity to be delivered. I really don't know what I want though... I am hoping they can custom up something... maybe the light-up ears (I have heard they are uncomfortable, but I think we need 1 pair to see what they do), an ornament--I would LOVE the "folk art fun" bohemian one on disneystore--but I think dd would like the Mickey Mouse and friends one, where they are all piled into a sleigh. I have been looking at the "disney parks authentic" section of the disney store, to get an idea of what they might actually have in the park. Not sure what else... I have asked again if they have their amenities ready for Christmas and was told not quite yet. So once I see the list, I can pick and choose and talk them into a more custom one!

Well crap, no cp dining packages. Now I need plans for Sunday night... Dinner ressies.... Ugh.... I am so bummed, but I won't want to camp out for it... They haven't even said the times yet. Sheesh.

Updated my schedule... I think I am going to move Goofy's kitchen from breakfast to dinner... whatcha all think? Then we can do early room service on Friday instead and hit DL closer to open.

Wed, arrival day--DL 9 am - 9 pm, DCA 9 am - 8 pm (8 am EE)
Paradise garden grill lunch (~11:30 am or as soon as they open)
Blue Bayou dinner: 4:50 PM PS made
--DCA 1st and DL from dinner until close
--Aladdin @ 2:20 pm, 4 pm parade, Fireworks @ 8:45 pm

Thursday--DL 9 am - 10 pm (8 am EE), DCA 9 am - 8 pm:
Room service breakfast 6:45 am, then DL for EE
Little Red Wagon Corndog (~11:30 am)
WCT WOC dinner: 4:40 PM PS made
--DL for EE, no nap, DCA dinner to close
WOC @ 8:15 pm

Friday--DL 8 am - Mid, DCA 8 am - 10 pm (7 am EE):
Room service breakfast 6:45 am
Rainforest Cafe lunch 11:45 am ressie made
Big Thunder BBQ 6:30 pm PS made
--DL 1st, nap after lunch, back to DL after PPP
--PPP @ 5:15 (sit near Carthay on path toward Bug's Land), F! Dessert @ 9 pm

Saturday--DL 8 am - Mid (7 am EE), DCA 8 am - 10 pm:
Surf's Up 7:10 am PS made
Flo's Cafe lunch (~11:30 am)
Ariel's Grotto 5:40 pm (inside seating) PS made
--DCA today (nap after lunch) with no hopping, check out Mad Tea Party

Sunday--DL 8 am - Mid, DCA 8 am - 10 pm (7 am EE):
Storyteller's 7:10 am PS made
Trader Sam/Tangaroa lunch (~11:30 am)
Goofy's Kitchen 5:20 pm PS made
--DL 1st head straight for Indy (reopened Saturday), nap after lunch

Monday--DL 9 am - 9 pm, DCA 9 am - 8 pm (8 am EE)
--Room service breakfast 6:45 am, then DCA for EE
--leave at 11:00 am for airport

Goofy's Kitchen opens at 5 pm for dinner... so I made a 5:20 ressie--earliest I could get. This is our last night of the trip. So, now I think dinner won't be done till 6:45ish... we could take the monorail over to DL and ride what we can... but I think CP will clog up main street, and the whole F! area will be slammed getting ready for double F! that night... so that leaves Tomorrowland... maybe see the fairies or Rapunzel if we haven't yet... not sure how late the meet and greets go :confused3

Or, do we skip the madness and hope the bulk of DCA is calmer? WOC isn't until 9 pm... What do you guys think?

Whew, finally caught up on this thread.

I am going when Ociana is going and am totally excited. We didn't do Christmas last year so this year is big. Next year we will be at WDW for Christmas, doing our first cruise, so this will be our last Disneyland Christmas for a few years.

We decided several years ago to stop staying at the Disney hotels so we could go more often. Instead of one big trip a year we do several smaller trips. Right now, I am regretting this decision. I would love to have access to those EMH at DCA, but oh well. We are getting AP's so the 6 day passes being gone only bothered us for a month or so. Now it is a moot point.

We are doing the Christmas Tour on the 23rd, either Rainforest or Naples for Dinner Christmas Eve, and Carthay for Christmas Dinner. Minnie's Breakfast on the 27th. All of my priority seatings have been made.

Thanks so much for this pre trip report. It has been fun to read and get excited along with you.

Oh, and while I don't live in Oregon anymore, I was born there, so I guess you can count me as an Oregonian going to Disneyland for Christmas!

Welcome Carol! We may run into you during our visit. Just look for the large group with short blonde kids and overgrown teenage boys. We are also doing Minnie's breakfast on the 27th - our reservation is at 10:30.

Goofy's Kitchen opens at 5 pm for dinner... so I made a 5:20 ressie--earliest I could get. This is our last night of the trip. So, now I think dinner won't be done till 6:45ish... we could take the monorail over to DL and ride what we can... but I think CP will clog up main street, and the whole F! area will be slammed getting ready for double F! that night... so that leaves Tomorrowland... maybe see the fairies or Rapunzel if we haven't yet... not sure how late the meet and greets go :confused3

Or, do we skip the madness and hope the bulk of DCA is calmer? WOC isn't until 9 pm... What do you guys think?

I would suggest that you head over to DCA that night and hope it is calmer...but really you can play it by ear and see what everyone still really wants to do before leaving. We usually try to keep the last bit of time open and flexible, although I am totally violating that rule on this trip.

I would suggest that you head over to DCA that night and hope it is calmer...but really you can play it by ear and see what everyone still really wants to do before leaving. We usually try to keep the last bit of time open and flexible, although I am totally violating that rule on this trip.

Well, I plan on starting Sunday in DL, and staying until lunch/nap time... so we can get stuff done there that morning... then after dinner we will probably head to DCA... now if crowds are lower than I think they will be, that may change. Touring Plans--which I know are often wrong--have us at 8's and 9's the trip. Which if that is the case, is the worst we have ever seen it.

In other news, I called too early for F! dessert tickets this morning, and the nice lady took my name and number and called me back! So, we are doing the 9pm dessert seating on Dec 7th! :cool1:

Ociana, our Minnies PS is for 7:00 so probably won't see you there, but I will watch for you.

mommy, I would go to DCA on your last night until the CP is over, then head over to say goodbye to Disneyland at night.

Well, I plan on starting Sunday in DL, and staying until lunch/nap time... so we can get stuff done there that morning... then after dinner we will probably head to DCA... now if crowds are lower than I think they will be, that may change. Touring Plans--which I know are often wrong--have us at 8's and 9's the trip. Which if that is the case, is the worst we have ever seen it.

In other news, I called too early for F! dessert tickets this morning, and the nice lady took my name and number and called me back! So, we are doing the 9pm dessert seating on Dec 7th! :cool1:

That's an awful nice CM that called you back for Fantasmic! seating. We decided to skip F! this trip and instead do the holiday tour with that money. Have a great time there, I love the dessert seating.

That's an awful nice CM that called you back for Fantasmic! seating. We decided to skip F! this trip and instead do the holiday tour with that money. Have a great time there, I love the dessert seating.

We love it too... have yet to do it without the seating! So nice not to camp out on the sidewalk for 1 thing while we are there!

Okay, so in the middle of the night I got worried that I hadn't saved enough in giftcards and cash to cover all our meals. So, I just added it up again based on what I figure we'd order, but not including snacks, as I am sure we will have a few of those--but we don't tend to be snacky people... $715 (includes tips where appropriate) for 5.5 days and 3 people (I do have 2 character meal vouchers--1 premium and 1 regular)... I budgeted $800--have more like $825 saved, because I figure $50 per person per day. So, I should be good!! :thumbsup2

Ociana, our Minnies PS is for 7:00 so probably won't see you there, but I will watch for you.

My original plan had us doing the early seating that day and using our MM on Christmas, but I switched it up so that we are in DCA on Christmas day. I expect it to be the less crowded park that day (opposite the MM crowd and less of the "magic") so I am braving the potentially more crowded MM on Thursday. We will be rushing by you headed for Tomorrow land as you sit down to eat breakfast.

I am really eager to plan more, but I am in a holding pattern until the 30 day mark when I can make dessert and tour reservations. It's so close, yet so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter