Opinion: Order of Park reservation and which would you do multiple times

Definitely going to try to ride MMRR! I‘ll probably skip SWGE, hopefully that will free up time for Mickey and Minnie 😊
I just wish I knew how Food and Wine is going to work with social distancing. I’m a huge fan of the festivals but........
The festival will be a shell of what it usually is, fewer booths ands fewer food items, just an fyi

I’m going July 17-21 so 5 days here too. I’m leaning towards DHS twice, because SWGE. I’m thinking:
1. Epcot (because we arrive in the morning & it’s open late)
2. DHS
3. MK
4. DHS
5. AK (our flight, if it doesn’t get moved, is at 7pm and AK opens the earliest)

I’m torn between Epcot & DHS for the one we do twice, but DHS has a lot of rides we want to do (it’s my sister & I and she hasn’t gone on ROTR yet) and I worry we’ll get tired of Epcot if we have to be there alllllllll day.

I’m going July 17-21 so 5 days here too. I’m leaning towards DHS twice, because SWGE. I’m thinking:
1. Epcot (because we arrive in the morning & it’s open late)
2. DHS
3. MK
4. DHS
5. AK (our flight, if it doesn’t get moved, is at 7pm and AK opens the earliest)

I’m torn between Epcot & DHS for the one we do twice, but DHS has a lot of rides we want to do (it’s my sister & I and she hasn’t gone on ROTR yet) and I worry we’ll get tired of Epcot if we have to be there alllllllll day.

May I ask where you're finding the hours for parks? Nevermind! I found them, was looking out too far into the future and those schedules are unavailable 😅

Nice that you have published hours when going into making your reservations!

I've been checking all the threads and can't seem to find an answer. Does anyone know if we'll be able to leave the park and then re-enter that day? Choosing a time is throwing me off, and the answer as to if we can re-enter will play a park in my decision.

Here's my order rn for 8/21 trip....

DHS (arriving in Orlando at 9:30am so probably be in the park by 12 latest- was so happy to see no boarding groups for ROTR so it didn't mess up this original plan!)
Magic Kingdom
Leisure day
Epcot
Animal Kingdom, leave Orlando around 9pm

I'm considering switching out Epcot and DHS days so we have a full day in Galaxy's edge.... but I'm not sure. Any thoughts??

I have 5 days for Labor Day weekend counting arrival and dept. day and it's really going to depend on where I end up staying. Right now I'm at the Dolphin, hoping Disney opens 2020 bookings back up in time to snag a room at the Poly. My plan right now:

1. Epcot (early AM arrival on first flight of the day)
2. MK
3. HS
4. AK
5. HS

I am actually going to book for HS first, my thought being it's a smaller park and capacity will be more limited with no shows (assuming worst case scenario they are not running by then) and everyone gunning for Galaxy's Edge. Then I'll go for MK, then AK, finally Epcot.

If I end up being able to change resorts to Poly, I would flip my Epcot and MK days and make departure day MK instead of HS. I don't like taking buses back from parks on departure days to make the Tragical Express in time. I felt too stressed trying to get back to BC from AK on my last trip.

My two cents on this.... If you do not have enough days in your trip to do a full day at each park, do the park that is open the latest on the day you arrive. That will maximize the time you have at that park. Or, if you have one park that is not necessarily your favorite and you would skip it if you had to, do that park on the day you arrive. I'm doing a little mini trip in August and will do EPCOT on the day I arrive since it is open the latest. I will then do my two full days at Magic Kingdom and HS. I love AK but will be back in October and hopefully by then they will have the bird show back up and running (my favorite).

Hi all! I value opinions on here and was wondering which you all would choose for my upcoming trip in Oct. We have 5 day tickets (PH, but that doesn't matter anymore). When going to make park reservations, which park would you choose to go to twice? My gut says MK...just because reasons 😆 BUT, I haven't been to Disney since 2012 sooo what park will need some more of my time 🤔 Usually with PH and not having to make reservations, I would wing it! I would be happy at any of them, of course. Thanks for your thoughts!
MK unless you are big Star Wars fans, then Hollywood Studios.

I’m struggling With decisions on these reservations tomorrow. We are going from 11/7-11/14. They have not listed November hours and I know things can change but I guess the best it to base it off what the hours are in OCT rather then historical hours?

we have 7 day tickets. Plan is 3 MK, 2HS, 1 Epcot and 1 AK.

I have two trips. I had to move my May Trip to July and my September trip is staying the same.

July 7 Day: Epcot, HS, MK, AK, HS, MK, AK
September 6 Day: HS, MK, AK, HS, MK, AK

I'm still struggling on if I really want to skip Epcot in September. If construction will still be an issue and if Remy isn't open, then I think I'd rather wait until next year.

Well tomorrow appears to be the big day when we can attempt to get park reservations... and I don't have a final decision. To make a long story short we are rescheduled from spring break, only have 2 park days... we are supposed to be at ASMo but that's obviously a no go. We have 3 kids. DS 7, DS 5 and DD 2. We go to disney once a year so this was supposed to be a trip for DD. She is currently obsessed with Mickey and Friends. We were going to do one day at MK and one day at HS. We thought she would love all the stage shows but now those are cancelled. My question is would you stick with that plan or do 2 days at MK??? We had lots of character dining planned and that is cancelled too. We are going to do a day at the beach but are open to other ideas too. We will be in the area for 9 nights and will have a car.

We've changed our plan a little since the park hours have been reduced so much (we originally had a rest day in the middle, and a partial day on fly out day). Now, to get as much park time as we can, we're going to try for this and use our Epcot day as a low key day.

1. Land, Relax
2. MK
3. HS
4. Epcot
5. AK
6. MK
7. Relax, Mosey, Fly Out

We decided to cancel our Sept. trip and go to the beach instead, but we already have our 9 night, 10 day trip for May 2021 booked and we have 10 day hopper tickets(we hope we can hop by then, so aren't changing the tickets yet) the CM i talked to yesterday when cancelling the Sept trip said i can book all our park days for next year on Monday and encouraged me to do so. She also said if they arent hopping next year when we go, we can convert the tickets later to non park hoppers and they will refund the difference then, Here is our order for next year:

Epcot-arrival in morning, staying at Boardwalk
MK
HS
AK
HS
AK
MK
HS
AK
Epcot-leaving in evening

I'm really struggling with what to do for our repeat days. We're staying 8/2-8/12 - DVC split stay. When they paused ticket sales, I panicked and bought a 6 day ticket - instead of 8 or 9 days for our length of stay. We all know we want to repeat Epcot. My kids are stuck on whether to repeat AK or HS, and MK is a maybe repeat. I'm curious what people think of this strategy:

Should I go ahead and reserve repeat HS and MK in this first round of reservations?
If they allow additional ticket sales, then go ahead and reserve EP and AK - since general consensus is these will be the last to fill up.
If they don't allow additional ticket sales, go ahead and change our reservations to EP and AK (or keep HS).

Or just go ahead and reserve based on the decision we finally make today. We may need to flip a coin, pick a number....

Other than avoid Magic Kingdom on a Saturday is there any other Trip planning strategy anyone is using? There's just too much uncertainty and not enough info out for me to plan anything. I randomly picked park days for when I reserve them tomorrow and created a "backup plan" but I have no idea how this trip is going to be. We're going to try to go with the flow, but it will be so different.

I’m still not 100% certain my trip in late August will be happening, but when I (attempt to) make my park reservations tomorrow morning, I plan to schedule one day at AK, 1 1/2 days each at Epcot and DHS, and two days at MK as follows:

Arrival day (partial day): Epcot
Day 2: MK
Day 3: DHS
Day 4: AK
Day 5: Epcot
Day 6: MK
Departure day (partial day): DHS

I may regret this, but my hunch is that I don’t need to be too concerned about the order in which I choose my reservations. If I’m wrong, since I don’t have EMHs or ADRs to consider, I can be flexible with my selections. If I can’t get the parks I want for the number of days I want, then that will might move me closer to just cancelling my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter