Opinions on my activities for this day

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
First time family visit to Disney for 10 days in July (with kids ages 6 and 8). We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. There is a Saturday where our plans have turned into:

1) Bon Voyage Breakfast on the Boardwalk at 9am.

2) Go Directly to Typhoon Lagoon and spend maybe from 11am to 4pm there.

3)Back to our Resort for a nap.

4) Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue 8:30pm dinner show

Does that seem like a good day at Disney (we're already spending a full day at each park and 2 at the MK and we have a resort day).

You may be tight getting to Typhoon Lagoon by 11. Those character meals can be lengthy, but it’s a good ballpark estimate. Getting to the water park that much after opening, you won’t be able to get a lounge chair to put your towels on and use as “home base.” Be prepared to leave all but the essentials in a locker. Also be prepared that there may be lightening in the afternoon in July which will cut your time at the water park short. If this will be a problem, I’d skip the big breakfast and get to the water park early.

Plan to leave your hotel 90 minutes before HDDR. It takes a while to get there as you’ll need to take a bus to Fort Wilderness then the internal Fort Wilderness bus to Pioneer Hall. Or you’ll need to take a bus to MK and a boat to Fort Wilderness. I love, love, love this show! Have fun.

Last edited:
How are you planning on getting around? Disney transportation? Driving yourself? Other?

Disney Transportation.
In order to get to breakfast, you'll need to leave the resort by 7:45, take the bus to DHS, and then walk or take the boat to the Boardwalk.

Allow 90 minutes for your breakfast. That puts you at about 10:30. Then, in order to get to TL, you'll need to transfer at Disney Springs. You probably won't be getting to TL until closer to 12:00. By that time, the lines are going to be getting pretty long, so be prepared for that.

After you're done, you'll again need to transfer at DS, so if you leave at 4:00 you won't get back to the resort until after 5:00. You're going to need to leave your resort no later than 7:00 because you'll need to take the bus to MK and then take the boat to fort wilderness.

That's going to be a very long day with a ton of time spent on transportation. If I were you, I would at least take a cab or a Lyft or something to and from the water park.

In order to get to breakfast, you'll need to leave the resort by 7:45, take the bus to DHS, and then walk or take the boat to the Boardwalk.
Would an Epcot bus and boat work as well or is DHS better?

If I remember correctly, from Epcot, you would need to use the International Gateway to get to the walkway to Boardwalk, which is back by World Showcase. So, you would have to enter Epcot and walk through to the back. Whereas from DHS, you can go from the front entrance to the walkway. So, in that case, going to DHS would be much quicker.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter