Opinions on Seaworld

Thanks to those who have been responding to the questions of the OP. Feel free to continue.

To those who feel this is an opportunity to debate documentary films or any other topics, please start a thread on the Community Board. This thread is NOT a debate and won't turn into one.

Nobody was being rude or disrespectful and it's not fair giving out points to members for this.

We love SW and can spend many days there. We have AP. Their ez pay system is a lot better than disney and we can afford SW AP. There are many shows and attractions. Im a thrill seeker so the coasters are hands down better. Atlantis might seemed run down but that is part of the theming of the ride. Its suppose to be the lost city of atlantis. Of the all day dining is way better. Unlimited food and drinks all day cant beat it. I also like the educational factor. The kids always learn something new about the animals. They love the shamu happy harbor. Has a fountain play area and kiddie rides.

Sounds good. It will be something new and we can utilize the buy one, 1/2 price tickets!!

Can someone point me to this deal? I am just now starting to think of going to SeaWorld this summer and would like to look into this ticket pricing?

Thanks!
Lori

They really do a lot of great rehabilitation work. If you get a chance, ask questions! You can really learn a lot. We learned so much during our beluga interaction program. Seaworld has a whole behind the scenes thing going on where they help sick and injured animals. It isn't made for guest viewing but just the facts were great! I have a lot of respect for what they do. If you find a trainer, take advantage you can learn so much from them, for free!

You can definitely do more than a day here, especially if you want to see every show.

SeaWorld is an amazing place to spend a vacation. In my opinion it’s more of a vacation because you are away from the hustle and bustle of having to plan out every minute of your trip at Disney. Even on busy days SeaWorld doesn’t feel overwhelming because the stadiums hold a lot of people and really help control crowds. It’s a beautiful park and there are a lot of beautiful opportunities to interact with animals up close and even feed them. Talk to educators and you can learn a lot. Just yesterday I was in Antarctica and spent a good 20 minutes talking to an educator about penguins. He had some much knowledge to share and loved making sure all of our questions were answered.

Seaworld has great vacation packages available. Make sure you check out their website and look what they have. If you book a Seaworld vacation package some of the new benefits even include signature show seating now so you don’t have to show up at the shows 45 minutes early to get a good spot.

You will truly have an amazing time at SeaWorld. Enjoy it

We love Sea World. It's such a relaxing park. Their new penguin exhibit is really neat. You get so close to the penguins.

Just got back from Sea World! We again loved it! My DD14 and I were in Orlando for a long weekend and cheer competition and it was a no brainer to go to Sea World.

This was the first time we rode Manta and we both loved it but we're thrill ride/coasters lovers. The animal interaction was great. My DD is absolutely in love with dolphins and marine animals so she was in heaven. She even stayed behind after the Blue Horizons show and talked for a few minutes with the trainers that were saying bye to the guests.

As far as previous posters that mentioned that Journey to Atlantis was outdated - it does need to be freshen up but no more than some of the rides at Magic Kingdom or Epcot that have been there a while.

The penguin exhibit at Antartica is great and you could literally spend hours there!

Go and enjoy!

My pro-SW post disappeared! Let me write more on it because yes I think you can have fun there.

Our group of 6 has decided to try Seaworld rather than a Disney Park next month. Primarily due to the new Fast Pass system. Is Seaworld a place to spend the entire day? We are hoping there are enough attractions to enjoy rides and shows during the day and perhaps something at night. They are offering a good ticket price special until May, so we thought we would give it a try.

I've only been to San Diego's park so far, but I figure that Orlando's will be bigger and better while also sort of the same.

Most of the shows at least have the same names so I figure they are the same or nearly the same. I say the following simply because it's my opinion after seeing them several times and in several different "incarnations", not because of an overriding philosophy, but I don't particularly enjoy the dolphin or orca shows. They are overwhelmingly cheesy, and I have a low tolerance for such things. If the Orlando dolphin show still has the "unwitting family" at the beginning of the show, then it's stressful AND overwhelmingly cheesy, LOL. Although if the Orlando dolphin show has birds in it, that was pretty cool. The aerialists, too.

But there is more to do there, at least at SD and I assume at Orlando, even if you don't find time for those two shows!

The version of Clyde and Seamore (Seymour?) that I saw on our last trip was very funny. We had 2 day tickets and saw it when everything went right the first time. The second day was in the middle of last year's CA Labor Day heatwave, and the sea lions (and otter) were NOT having it. It was so fun to see how the handlers dealt with it, and how kind and funny they were as the much-practiced show went off kilter.

And a truly NOT to miss show is what I've just looked up to find the Orlando name of, and it's Pets Ahoy. (I had a possible unfortunate typo for "pets" in my first response...added to the fact that the San Diego show is "Pets Rule") Rescue pets, loved and trained and cared for, and doing awesome things (though they, too, sometimes change it up, and again, it's fun seeing how the humans react).

Our very first trip to SW, we got through a couple hours and were having the WORST time. So boring. And that's when they had the Budweiser Clydesdales! We were going to just leave, when we saw the signs for the Pets show. It was just starting, so we went on in. Changed our entire day around. My brother and sister in law actually bought passes so they could go see the show for random long lunches (he works from home and she works in downtown SD), they love the show that much. And while the other exhibits and shows are things to work in, the absolute MUST see for us is the Pets show.

I have heard good things about the Orlando show as well.

So IMO as long as you definitely include the pets show, you'll have a good time there.

My ratings put Magic King as best park in Orlando, SeaWorld a close second. I think you will LOVE it.

Feed the dolphins. Extra charge but well worth, IMO.

See Believe!! Best sow out there.

LOVE Sea World! We go every time we go to Disney. I am a huge dolphin and killer whale fan, so I love seeing them. The Shamu show was closed when we were just there 2 weeks ago, but the "Up Close with Shamu" more than made up for it. You get to see them at a pretty close view and they have them go out and do a couple of jumps and come up on the platforms and "pose" for you. They also have an underwater viewing which was awesome!! I believe the Shamu show is opening again soon and it's an awesome show! The Blue Horizons show, which is the dolphin show that also has birds in it, and some high diving acrobats, is really great! We love this show! We also saw Clyde and Seamore this past time and it was really funny. The sea lions and otter are great, and the walrus at the end of the show is SO big and funny!

If you do the dolphin feeding, try to arrive about 20-30 minutes before the scheduled feeding time, because this is hugely popular and fills up quick. It's $7.00 a person, but in my opinion worth it to feed dolphins. :)

We didn't ride the rides, but they looked awesome! We have small kids and are there more for the animals.

The only word of caution I have is on the food. Maybe we are just choosing the wrong places, but we've had 2 bad experiences there. The first was a few years ago when we ate at Mango Joe's. We all had the fajita sandwiches, and about an hour after eating that, I was SOOOOOOO sick. I am convinced it was food poisoning. I was literally in the hotel room bed for 36 hours and couldn't move. Literally. I threw up more times than I can count. And felt horrible the next few days. The other 2 adults also had those and both of them became sick too, but not as bad as me. Then this past trip we had hot dogs from Captain Pete's Island Eats. The one my sister got had very weird coloring on it, and ours just weren't that great. We got cheese on ours and I think that helped the taste, but they definitely weren't that good. Next time we'll try the pizza or something else.

KelleyK75 said:
LOVE Sea World! We go every time we go to Disney. I am a huge dolphin and killer whale fan, so I love seeing them. The Shamu show was closed when we were just there 2 weeks ago, but the "Up Close with Shamu" more than made up for it. You get to see them at a pretty close view and they have them go out and do a couple of jumps and come up on the platforms and "pose" for you. They also have an underwater viewing which was awesome!! I believe the Shamu show is opening again soon and it's an awesome show! The Blue Horizons show, which is the dolphin show that also has birds in it, and some high diving acrobats, is really great! We love this show! We also saw Clyde and Seamore this past time and it was really funny. The sea lions and otter are great, and the walrus at the end of the show is SO big and funny!

If you do the dolphin feeding, try to arrive about 20-30 minutes before the scheduled feeding time, because this is hugely popular and fills up quick. It's $7.00 a person, but in my opinion worth it to feed dolphins. :)

We didn't ride the rides, but they looked awesome! We have small kids and are there more for the animals.

The only word of caution I have is on the food. Maybe we are just choosing the wrong places, but we've had 2 bad experiences there. The first was a few years ago when we ate at Mango Joe's. We all had the fajita sandwiches, and about an hour after eating that, I was SOOOOOOO sick. I am convinced it was food poisoning. I was literally in the hotel room bed for 36 hours and couldn't move. Literally. I threw up more times than I can count. And felt horrible the next few days. The other 2 adults also had those and both of them became sick too, but not as bad as me. Then this past trip we had hot dogs from Captain Pete's Island Eats. The one my sister got had very weird coloring on it, and ours just weren't that great. We got cheese on ours and I think that helped the taste, but they definitely weren't that good. Next time we'll try the pizza or something else.

Seaport pizza is good. The other 3 good ones are voyagers, spice mill and seafire inn. The terrace buffet is ok but its just like a ceces pizza place. The kids enjoy it. Mango joes has good chicken strips. We usually dont get much there. Also if you want a nice sit down sharks is good and the dine with shamu has a nice buffet.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Seaport pizza is good. The other 3 good ones are voyagers, spice mill and seafire inn. The terrace buffet is ok but its just like a ceces pizza place. The kids enjoy it. Mango joes has good chicken strips. We usually dont get much there. Also if you want a nice sit down sharks is good and the dine with shamu has a nice buffet.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Thank you for your suggestions. We definitely need to try a different place next time we go. I wish you could bring in food, because we would just do that. The pizza is probably going to be our best bet. They can't mess up pizza too bad, can they? :)

Thank you for your suggestions. We definitely need to try a different place next time we go. I wish you could bring in food, because we would just do that. The pizza is probably going to be our best bet. They can't mess up pizza too bad, can they? :)

Wow. Elsewhere on this SeaWorld page folks rave about how great the food is. So much so we are going to get the All Day Dining. I really, really hope your past experiences are the exception, not the rule. :(

Wow. Elsewhere on this SeaWorld page folks rave about how great the food is. So much so we are going to get the All Day Dining. I really, really hope your past experiences are the exception, not the rule. :(

We do all day dining often and love it!

We like Seafire Inn, Spice Mill, Mango Joes, Voyagers Smokehouse.

Really we the only thing we didn't care for was the buffet. Even that was on par with other park fast food... it just wasn't something I would have been happy to have paid $15 to eat at if it wasn't on all day dining.

I love being able to get drinks and fresh fruit for the kids.

The pizza is probably going to be our best bet. They can't mess up pizza too bad, can they? :)

Not that I would qualify it as "messed up", but the pizza at the Terrace Garden Buffet is nothing special. In your hunt for pizza, that's one to skip. There are MUCH better places to eat in the park (namely Voyageurs, SeaFire Inn, and Spice Mill).

We LOVE the all-day dining :thumbsup2 . We far prefer the dining options at SW to those at Disney. I think you will love it!

I loved sea world. However my small people didn't agree. After being there for a couple of hours, they both wanted to go back disney! They were 8 and 6.

I loved sea world. However my small people didn't agree. After being there for a couple of hours, they both wanted to go back disney! They were 8 and 6.

My kids are the same age... they love the kids area at SeaWorld... then again they go to Disney a lot too... so it is easy for them to love a change of pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter