Opinions on Seaworld

Wow. Elsewhere on this SeaWorld page folks rave about how great the food is. So much so we are going to get the All Day Dining. I really, really hope your past experiences are the exception, not the rule. :(

I hope it's just the exception, but unfortunatly those are the last two experiences I had with it. After getting so sick the first time, I was leary about eating there this last time. I figured hot dogs would be ok, and they ended up being fine, but just weren't great, and like I said, my sisters had some weird coloring on it. We just ate when we were hungry, so I didn't do any research on which were the best places to eat there. I am definitely going to try something different next time.

Not that I would qualify it as "messed up", but the pizza at the Terrace Garden Buffet is nothing special. In your hunt for pizza, that's one to skip. There are MUCH better places to eat in the park (namely Voyageurs, SeaFire Inn, and Spice Mill).

Thanks, I will definitely try one of those you mentioned next time. :)

Wow. Elsewhere on this SeaWorld page folks rave about how great the food is. So much so we are going to get the All Day Dining. I really, really hope your past experiences are the exception, not the rule. :(

I get brisket from voyagers every single time I am there. It's great. Spice mill has a nice grilled chicken sandwich, but IMO it is a little dry, though not bad. I do not care for Mango Joes at all. The fruit is always warm and squishy, the pudding isn't good, and the bread for the sandwiches is terribly dry and just unappetizing. For me, voyagers wins hands down, every time.

We always get all day dining. Seaworld has great fresh strawberries to snack on as much as you want if you dont want a full meal at the time, and at $3 a pop water gets very costly otherwise.

We did a "darkside" trip last year, SW/AQ/UO/IOA and LEGOLAND. SeaWorld was a blast. We spent two full days and as much of our last day before flying home there. SeaWorld is not WDW. Granted it sounds obvious and nothing but WDW is WDW but if you go to SW expecting WDW you're going to be disappointed. So clear your mind and your expectations :).

We stayed at a SW partner hotel and took advantage of the benefits offered, including early admission. I did my DIS research and rounded up great tips from the regulars all of which helped us enjoy our trip even more. We planned on attending the first dolphin feeding but visited the dolphins first and it was a delight because they were so playful and expecting to be fed. They would swim by and splash you, I swear they were snickering.

We broke up our days with the different shows (DO NOT skip Pet's alive, it's a delight) which was a nice respite. With One Ocean when they tell you that the 1st 20 something rows are splash zones they're NOT exaggerating. I found all of the shows great and yes, my son insisted on sitting up front for One Ocean so we were all dripping :rotfl:.

We also took advantage of the dining plan and thought that the food was fine. I wasn't expecting haute cuisine...nothing stands out except for our meal at Shark's Underwater Grill but that was the ambiance rather than the food. I doubt we'd go back to Sharks but we'd likely do the dining plan again. It was nice not to have to pack like I do for WDW and just grab a bottle of water or a snack.

Go, enjoy and have fun :).

IMHO SeaWorld is the best park in Orlando for a multigenerational group to have fun together. The shows and animal exhibits are world class. The place is beautifully landscaped. They have good coasters too plus a water ride. And Shamus Happy Harbor is an absolutely incredible pay area that even a 12 year old would love.

We make it a point to go on every trip to Orlando we do. I'm doing a budget trip the week before Christmas - six days, but just three theme park days (a park every other day) // Day 1 will be SeaWorld (the week before Christmas I can get a $50 ticket and then buy by $10 for a second visit before I leave the park) // Day 3 we'll do the MK $100 pp // Day 5, we'll go back to SeaWorld with our second day ticket that was only $10 pp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter