• Maine

• Boston

• Las Vegas

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland (Grand Californian)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Okay, Madam Gracey and I have decided to take a 2 night, 3 day mini trip this summer.
We have narrowed the possibilities, but can't exactly decide on a final destination.
In the running:
  • Maine
  • Boston
  • Las Vegas
  • Walt Disney World
  • Disneyland (Grand Californian)
There are tons of pluses and minuses, such as travel time and expense-- Neither of which are a deal breaker.
We would be traveling from Connecticut, so you can see the time/cost factor.

We have never been to Disneyland.
My wife has never been to Vegas (I have several times).
We have done a Maine getaway several times in the past.
Of course, we visit WDW three times a year already, but in no way would we be against doing a fourth.

What are your thoughts?

Thanx! :drinking:

MG

Maistre Gracey,

I voted for WDW. We are form NY so Maine and Boston do not appeal to me right now (too cold still)!
Vegas and California are far for the weekend! So WDW it is! Always something to do, always a great trip!
Enjoy, whichever you decide!

If your systems can handle 2 coast-coast trips in 3 days, I'd vote for Disneyland. If you've never been, it's quite interesting to see and contrast the differences with what you're familiar with at WDW. But the travel would be pretty brutal.

Second choice would be coastal Maine ( if it ever stops raining up here ). That's always a fun thing for DW and I when we want to get away for a weekend. ( Bar Harbor, Camden, etc... )

Of course, you can't go wrong with WDW either.

Good luck!

I picked Boston, my DH and I are going for a weekend there at the end of June. Don't like to travel far for a weekend. If your systems can handle it, Las Vegas may be fun for a day or two. Personally, it wouldn't be worth the flight for us.

jarestel said:
If your systems can handle 2 coast-coast trips in 3 days, I'd vote for Disneyland.
Yes indeed, that is potentially a problem for my wife.
Of course, it's not an issue for me since I do several coast to coast trips every weekend! :drinking:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
Yes indeed, that is potentially a problem for my wife.
Of course, it's not an issue for me since I do several coast to coast trips every weekend! :drinking:

MG

MG, I forgot you were a pilot! You've got that trip down pretty well then!

I picked the GC @DL because you;ve never been there. I would love to say Boston, but brrrr :cold: you don't want to come here..lol.

I picked WDW. If it were for a couple more nights I would have gone for DL - it's been a long time since I was there and I would love to go back.

Mike

Given the 50th anniversary celebration, I would go for Disneyland.

Of course, I am also partial to Maine!

kathleena said:
Of course, I am also partial to Maine!
My wife (actually girlfriend/fiance at the time) and I actually lived in Southern Maine for several years.
We lived in The Old Port on Exchange Street, The Brunswick in Old Orchard Beach, and another apartment in OOB. :drinking:

MG

MG-

Sorry I missed you. I would have gladly met you and toasted your health with a pint of the local stuff. Let me know if you come this way again.

Since this is your weekend and not mine, I stuck to your list and picked Las Vegas. I love Boston and Maine, but they are too close and too easy. Vegas has lots of whatever you want -- great dining, amazing shows (I'd see Cirque's Ka! at MGM), gambling if you like (doesn't interest me), very user friendly. On your list, Boston would be my second choice.

If I were doing a list (from Miami), I'd probably go
  1. San Francisco
  2. Chicago
  3. Boston
  4. and then, I'd start with the National Parks - Yosemite, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Dry Tortugas, etc.
  5. and places I haven't been, or haven't been in a long time: San Antonio, 'Nawlins, Bermuda, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver

Okay here goes... One last heave to the top. My wife will be home soon, and I will show her the poll.

Thanx to all who voted!!! :disrocks:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
Okay here goes... One last heave to the top. My wife will be home soon, and I will show her the poll.

Thanx to all who voted!!! :disrocks:

MG

Let us know, MG!
We'll be dying to hear of the outcome!

Am I too late???

How about Nantucket? Close, charming and a beautiful island.

By the way, I voted for Maine. Bar Harbor...Ahhhhhhhh

Let us know what you decide :wave: .

I voted Disneyland. It's the anniversary PLUS I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Californian!

Good luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter