Opt out of Housekeeping at Resorts

We used to leave the do not disturb sign up all trip. For some reason, we didn't put it up last trip and we were very pleased with the service. I don't think we will be putting it out any more.
In regards to the throwing stuff in the trash and piling up the towels, I just find it is easier to see if we have everything packed if there isn't clutter everywhere. So, I will "clean" up the room a bit just to make sure we don't forget anything.

Can you change your mind on this? If you initially opt out but decide it's not for you (or that you are messier then you thought), can you go back to the front desk to have service restored?
I’ve not heard of anyone changing there mind, but I bet it wouldn’t be a problem. Disney is pretty accommodating. They’d probably just charge the gift card amount they gave you to your room.
Good point, there is probably a way for them to do this or even cancel the gift card if its not been used yet.
Yeah, can never hurt to ask.
But I wouldn't go in to it expecting them to say yes.
Worse they can say is no. Best they can say is keep the gift card and restore service.
Not that I'd expect that, I'd expect them to say no and be happy if they said yet and charged the balance to the room.

Can you change your mind on this? If you initially opt out but decide it's not for you (or that you are messier then you thought), can you go back to the front desk to have service restored?
I can't confirm because I'm not sure this scenario has been discussed, but its my understanding they email you the gift card on your check-in day after you opt out, and the amount equates to $10 per night for each night you are there (except the last night). Because they email you this at that amount in advance, I'm thinking you would not be able to restore service because the gift card would have already been paid out to you.
I’ve not heard of anyone changing there mind, but I bet it wouldn’t be a problem. Disney is pretty accommodating. They’d probably just charge the gift card amount they gave you to your room.
Good point, there is probably a way for them to do this or even cancel the gift card if its not been used yet.
Yeah, can never hurt to ask.
But I wouldn't go in to it expecting them to say yes.
Worse they can say is no. Best they can say is keep the gift card and restore service.
Not that I'd expect that, I'd expect them to say no and be happy if they said yet and charged the balance to the room.
Just back and here's the answer that was on something they gave us on the one day I was headed to get hubby's coffee as our security check was happening --that was awkward (for THEM not me) because i just threw the door wide open "Sure have at it, but you might want to stop at the end of the bed, my husband's in the shower and he doesn't like to shut the door." He sputtered an apology and shoved the paper in my hand while backing up :rotfl2:I kept the paper because i knew i had read someone asking this quesion!
How to Participate
When using our Online Check-In service, you’ll be given the option to keep standard daily housekeeping services during your stay or decline them by electing to participate in the Service Your Way program.
Change Your Mind?
You may modify your selection up until the day of your arrival.
After you arrive and are fully checked in to your Disney Resort hotel, you’ll need to let the Front Desk know if you’d like to make any changes. If you cancel participation in the Service Your Way program and a gift card has already been generated, you authorize Disney to charge $10 multiplied by the number of days you’ve requested housekeeping services to your hotel folio.

Is the $10/day per person or just for the whole room? We will be there 3/7, and I'm wondering if this is a good option for us.

Per room. So a 3 night stay, for example, nets you a total of 1 $20 gift card

I have declined housekeeping twice and decided I don't care for it. People mention it's easy to get clean towels, but in my experience it's not so easy to get rid of the growing pile of damp towels collecting in the room. It's easy to grab TP off the carts, but I didn't enjoy dragging my garbage to a trash can and I never did locate a convenient dumpster. I always felt sneaky trying to cram my garbage in the public cans. There is obviously not enough room for everyone to do it that way, so I felt bad daily as I crammed another bag surreptiously into the local trash can! Just not for me, but from the thread I see others are much more adept at making this work for them.

I have declined housekeeping twice and decided I don't care for it. People mention it's easy to get clean towels, but in my experience it's not so easy to get rid of the growing pile of damp towels collecting in the room. It's easy to grab TP off the carts, but I didn't enjoy dragging my garbage to a trash can and I never did locate a convenient dumpster. I always felt sneaky trying to cram my garbage in the public cans. There is obviously not enough room for everyone to do it that way, so I felt bad daily as I crammed another bag surreptiously into the local trash can! Just not for me, but from the thread I see others are much more adept at making this work for them.
One of the good things I’ve noticed is that public trash cans around the resorts are frequently emptied. I’ve never seen an overflowing trash can or noticed smelly garbage.

I typically turn down housekeeping at any hotel regardless if I’m offered any savings. For me personally, I don’t like getting back to a hotel after a long day at parks, touring or working and having to untuck the blankets from the bed, go through the handful of pillows to see if I can figure out which one I liked and removing any other accessories they leave on the bed.

When I travel, business or pleasure, I usually don’t get back to the hotel until I’m ready to go to bed. I leave the bed the way I likeit so that I can just fall on it and pull the covers over me.

Please don’t tell Disney I’d turn down mousekeeping for free. ;)

If we opt out of housekeeping and needs extra supplies, is there time we can call housekeeping to get the extra supplies? We arrive late on our check in date and most likely leave early in the mornings to go to the parks and arrive late each night. What is the housekeeping call hours? Thank you

I have a quick solo trip in June for 3 nights at Pop and was able to opt out during online check in. I definitely won't need housekeeping in that short stay and it's $20 I can use towards other things.

If we opt out of housekeeping and needs extra supplies, is there time we can call housekeeping to get the extra supplies? We arrive late on our check in date and most likely leave early in the mornings to go to the parks and arrive late each night. What is the housekeeping call hours? Thank you
I'm not 100% sure on the hours but we often called on our way out the door and when we got back from wherever we'd been whatever I'd asked for was sitting on the bed and the garbage was emptied even if I didn't ask. I figured that also counted as our security check! Other people have mentioned getting a bag of linens hanging on the door but I always told them to just leave them in the room.

Anytime you need them. There are no hours where you can call. I mean, say someone gets sick overnight. They don't expect you to just leave it till morning.

Just decided to try this for the first time. Just DH and me this trip, so I think we'll be fine, and use the $60.00 toward a meal. If we had more than 2 people, I don't think I'd do this, as our adult children are messy!

Nobody concerned about Coronavirus at this time? Rooms not being cleaned for lengthy periods - yes I know they're cleaned between stays but how thorough can that actually be?

Nobody concerned about Coronavirus at this time? Rooms not being cleaned for lengthy periods - yes I know they're cleaned between stays but how thorough can that actually be?
It's you in the room and you alone. So you are only spreading stuff to yourself. So what is there to be concerned about?
And experts, real MDs not Internet MDs have said it can't live on surfaces more than a few minutes.
But still, if I'm the only one (or my family) to be in the room then not sure how it matters. I'm the one that brought in whatever is in there. Right?

It's you in the room and you alone. So you are only spreading stuff to yourself. So what is there to be concerned about?
And experts, real MDs not Internet MDs have said it can't live on surfaces more than a few minutes.
But still, if I'm the only one (or my family) to be in the room then not sure how it matters. I'm the one that brought in whatever is in there. Right?

I'm not going to pretend to be an internet MD but it can live on hard surfaces for days - that's straight up from the CDC -

Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.

How thorough are rooms going to be cleaned between stays where room service has been declined? I'm sure everyone is aware of how quickly things like norovirus can be spread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter