Organizing 101/Jan- Family Room

So, I finished the page kits yesterday, cleaned the downstairs. Take that toys! I won!
Cleaned the fish tank. Have the whole main floor presentable. I am so ready for this house party on Saturday.

My son has strep. :sick: He will not be on antibotics for 24 hours before the party. Even if he was, my youngest most likely will be coming down with next, so he is still contagious. I was looking forward to being on Cartoon Network (sorry Disney). It would have been so much fun.

So I'll be dropping off the box of goodies to another mom from the cropping club and she will be the new hostess and the other kids will still be able to be picked to be on tv.

Guess I'll be working on my pet swap this weekend. Still need to have my laundry neutered. Know any good laundry doctors?

So, I finished the page kits yesterday, cleaned the downstairs. Take that toys! I won!
Cleaned the fish tank. Have the whole main floor presentable. I am so ready for this house party on Saturday.

My son has strep. :sick: He will not be on antibotics for 24 hours before the party. Even if he was, my youngest most likely will be coming down with next, so he is still contagious. I was looking forward to being on Cartoon Network (sorry Disney). It would have been so much fun.

Did I miss something here? What were you doing having a party with cartoon netwrok?

Rebecca

Got everything ready for hosting the games on Sunday.. Am awaiting the last of the registrations to enter into the database for the minor basketball league... I just need the guy to get here so I can get them; than it'll only take 1/2 hour to get them entered and spreadsheets done for tomorrow! Than I can send them in with DH since he is helping coach and evaluate the little guys!

Finally, done! The guy talked to me for over 45 minutes.. than I entered..no problem..but the spreadsheets decided to give me a run for my money.. I won..but not until I came unglued and threatened to throw the computer out in the rain! But everything is done..and even got on a parent who called and told me there was no info given out about try outs.. OH, no lady.. YOU HAD 3 WEEKS OF REMINDERS IN THE SCHOOL NEWLETTER! SO, SHE FINALLY ADMITTED SHE HADN'T CLEARLY READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. :( Sorry for that but it clearly stated what was going on. So, my job is officially done with registrations! Yee Haw!

Finally, done! The guy talked to me for over 45 minutes.. than I entered..no problem..but the spreadsheets decided to give me a run for my money.. I won..but not until I came unglued and threatened to throw the computer out in the rain! But everything is done..and even got on a parent who called and told me there was no info given out about try outs.. OH, no lady.. YOU HAD 3 WEEKS OF REMINDERS IN THE SCHOOL NEWLETTER! SO, SHE FINALLY ADMITTED SHE HADN'T CLEARLY READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. :( Sorry for that but it clearly stated what was going on. So, my job is officially done with registrations! Yee Haw!

Good for you! Did you get my money at the bank?

Did I miss something here? What were you doing having a party with cartoon netwrok?

Rebecca

Hey-it was the Budget Board people's fault. I saw on the freebie thread that if you sign up at "house party" you could be picked to host one for the Cartoon Network World Premier of My Gym Partner's a Monkey The Big Field Trip made for TV Movie. Who would have thought they would actually pick someone who admitted to only having 5 families over?

It was pretty cool the stuff they sent. Plates, cups, napkins with Cartoon Network on them, animal print balloons, window decals, temporary tatoos and piccalos. Oh and the DVD with the movie and 4 other episodes on it. NOT my favorite cartoon they have, but it was still a neat idea.

If you want to see our party I'll PM you the web address and RSVP number to log on. You can see what my monkeys look like.

That is really cool. I never knew people actually won those things- I mean I knew someone had too but I haven't ever known anyone who did. That is really cool. Have you already had the party and are viewing it tomorrow or what?

Rebecca

We were supposed to have the party tomorrow and then we would watch the show on Sunday and see if they put us on TV. The chances of that part are slimmer than being picked to host the party. But it was still a chance.

Forgot to post watch Grey's tonight...sheesh! did this, but kept getting interrupted

List for Friday:
Drive kids to school yup
Borrow friend's Cricut to cut some swap stuff Yup, but she was less than supportive of my paper pups cartridge. She isn't a big dog lover like I am
pack dinner for workYup, but we ordered out anyway, so I have it saved for tomorrow night
Work 3p-11p yup

List for Saturday:
Laundry
Try to print recipes for the swap
Work 3p-11p

Saturday's goals:

1. Laundry
2. Work on scrapping (4 pages)
3. Work on swaps- design China title, a cake shaker (swap on another board), cut at least one of my designs to finalize it
4. Put together my envelope for the $0.39 swap

Goals for Sat:
everything form yesterday :rolleyes:
recycling
haircuts
Put DD crib up
Buy fabric for DD Belle dress
no walk today, it's pouring - Thanks a lot Nancy! :mad: :rotfl2:
must get MNSSHP swap done!
And take pics of other swap items

Did I have a Sat. Goal list anywhere?
DS6 Basketball practice 8-9:15 with DH now; I'll pick up at 9:15am
DD13 Basketball practice 8-10 done; just need to pick up
Bank deposits ready done
Bank ~ Yep, I'm asking for the seeds for our money trees at both banks! done still no go on the money tree seeds. ;(
Birthday party at the indoor water park~ oh, help me; lots and lots of kids! done what a blast! We than went over to the house for a party and watch the COLTS win!!
Load of towels to make sure the FLUFFY BEACH TOWELS are ready done
Dishes done
Swaps nope.. :(

Here is where I am, ones completed are bolded.

Declutter:
- Recycle old magazines, flyers, mail order catalogs. Sort the rest.-I do this on a regular basis: new magazine in, old one out. Most flyers and catalogs don't even make it in the house. I am real good about getting rid of junk paper!
-Cull piles of photos- separate the good, the bad, and the ugly. Toss the bad. share duplicates with friends and family. Set aside the rest for now. This was my New Years Day project!
- Go through CD's, videos, books. Create piles for keepers and donation. Donations will be picked up next week!
- Paw through the stacks of games and toys; collect missing pieces and put them in appropriate boxes. Create stacks to donate, to toss, to store elsewhere and to keep in the family room. Donate what you can't use. Donations will be picked up next week!
[Start inventory list of model and serial numbers for your TV, stereo, VCR, DVD player, etc., for your homeowners insurance.

Clean:
-Vacuum and clean floor, walls, bookshelves, windowsills, blinds, and ceiling fans.
- Dry clean drapes, launder throws.
-Clean sofa base. Take off cushions and vacuum. Dig down the sides and under cushions for lost coins --found about $8!
Extra days after New Year's that I didn't have to work helped me get this done!

Maintain:
-Choose a drawer or find a basket to hold remotes. I got a "fancy" box to put them in that sits on the coffee table.
-Buy acid free photo boxes for pictures. Spend 1/2 an hour a week arranging. Got a box for XMAS. Need to organize the pictures--probably next weekend as this one is busy.
- Designate a basket or box to hold on-loan tapes, books, videos. Write return dates on the calendar. I also tape checkout slips by the calendar.
-Initiate weekly 5 minute cleanups with family members to keep things moving toward their designated spaces. Working on this one! My son likes to "Nest" and hubby leaves shoes all over!
Once organized take a photo or videotape of the room to keep with your home inventory list. Took photos, need to get a tape for a new video--old one is really out of date as we gotten rid of stuff, gotten new, rearranged.

Saturday's goals:
The only thing I got done was my toppers for a few swaps and cutting everything for Norway in the EPCOT element swap. Then DH and I went shopping and found out that the last of the scrapbook stores in our area closed down.

Sunday's goals:
1. Put together Norway swap.
2. Use pictures to complete swap pages since they arrived today.
3. Clean kitchen

Rebecca

Sorry, guys, but there may be some more heading both your ways, only it's the frozen kind up here, and it's noisy. They've been spreading salt all afternoon and evening and it just started tonight!! Yuk! :crazy2:

NO way! NO way! Well, at least the basketball games are in town..and if it gets too bad we can walk home.. less than 4 blocks..but if I have to walk home..everyone cover your ears.. I'll be saying some naughty words! :eek:
Off to watch the weather before we head out today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter