• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orlando Smackdown: Dis vs. Uni. Ch.16 Japan Hates me, Just Hates me 7-13

so sorry to hear you had to cancel your dec. trip. prayers for you 2, for things to get better!:grouphug:

the association doesn't allow window air conditioners.

this is the 2nd time we've had a house built and said "the builder way overcharges for central air. we'll find a better deal ourselves." and then never do. cause we really aren't air conditioner people.. only when it gets REALLY hot. which is like 1 week a year, maybe 2.
we look at the cost and think "hhhmmm. central air...disney...central air.. another trip..." guess which wins out every time?
:rotfl:

I wonder if you could get away with one of those portable units. They have to be vented through a window, but I don't think anything hangs on the outside, and the vent is removable.

http://www.compactappliance.com/Edg...rc=SHOPPING&gclid=COvA2JW2xrgCFTFo7AodKhoAsQ#

That's what it looks like from the outside (scroll down to see the outside picture)......hardly noticable ::yes::

I'm sorry to crash the TR. I've got a second interview tomorrow for a job I REALLY want. If any of you pray, I'd like to ask for prayers. Otherwise, if you could keep your fingers crossed for me, I would appreciate it!
Also, we're down to 39 days til we leave for Disney, so in a couple weeks I'll be doing a short PTR.

Keep getting better Nebs!

I'm sorry to crash the TR. I've got a second interview tomorrow for a job I REALLY want. If any of you pray, I'd like to ask for prayers. Otherwise, if you could keep your fingers crossed for me, I would appreciate it!
Also, we're down to 39 days til we leave for Disney, so in a couple weeks I'll be doing a short PTR.

I will pray!

Self_resqing_princz said:

Prayers sent, along with some good thoughts and I have my fingers and toes crossed for good measure...although I didn't think this through very well...can't do anything...and am afraid to move for fear of falling on my face...hmmm...how about I just say a prayer and think good thoughts?

Good luck!

Another lurker here, although I did post few times on previous TR of yours, I was getting married for the second time and you guys gave me advice on which resort to stay on our honeymoon. Anyway when I heard about Nebo's accident I just had to come give him well wishes and say how glad I am he's getting better. The Nebo and Smidgy trip reports constantly make me laugh and help me get through a lot of tough times!

Terri

Knock, knock ...... anybody here????

I talked to Nebo last night and sad to say the wrist is not better, he's still having a lot of pain :worried: There is a possibility of more surgery. Everyone say a prayer or throw some pixie dust if you prefer!! We need our leader back ::yes::

Stephanie, we are on the same wave length! I was just coming by to dust the thread off!

Aw man, I hate to hear that about Nebo's wrist. We need to check in on him soon. I was just thinking of Nebo the other day at DD's swimming lessons when we experienced our first ever encounter of the pool code nearest and dearest to Nebo's heart....:sick:

Hey Pkondz! When are you guys leaving for your European vacation? It's got to be coming up very soon! :goodvibes

Stephanie, we are on the same wave length! I was just coming by to dust the thread off!

Aw man, I hate to hear that about Nebo's wrist. We need to check in on him soon. I was just thinking of Nebo the other day at DD's swimming lessons when we experienced our first ever encounter of the pool code nearest and dearest to Nebo's heart....:sick:

Hey Pkondz! When are you guys leaving for your European vacation? It's got to be coming up very soon! :goodvibes

do we mean a "code brown"? :eek:

I have been having a few job related "glitches" of my own, so I'm sorry I haven't been here to pick up the slack.

ok, not disney related: you guys all remember the TWINS!?

todd (Jackson's dad) had been recently reunited with them. they graduated with honors this june, and travis and dylan have been having a great time spending time with their little brother, Jackson.

well, Todd and Kimmy (the teacher, which is why we took the trip in august) are having a house built... a big house.. because the twins are moving in with their dad!!!

don't anyone say the Lord doesn't answer prayers. He might take His sweet time about it, but our time is not His time..( and no one tell Him I said that....:rotfl: don't worry, you won't go to hell for laughing. God has a great sense of humour. he did create the platypus, you know! )

(and whoever says God doesn't approve of sex never read the book of Solomon... but.. I digress....)

so I had another day to spend with Jackson.... he got a new game :Minecraft. I don't get it. he creates lands and castles and buildings and there are cows and pigs, and ghosts and weird creatures roaming around and you can build a house, with TNT, a bomb house. and I never felt so OLD in all my life!!!! and my 7 year old grandson is teaching me.
so Jackson wanted to play "disney scene it" and he points his finger at me at says
"you better take it easy on me cause I KNOW you know everything there is about disney. Grandma Smidgy!"

and I did NOT take liberty with the verbage. those were his exact words.. smart kid.

now, I do NOT "let: kids win. ok, maybe once in a while, when they are REALLY little. oh! or when playing HI HO CHERRY-O, because if you dont cheat and let the kid win, you'll be playing that stupid game for HOURS!!!

but I think if kids never learn how to lose gracefully, or lose at all, actually, and they think they should ALWAYS win and "be special" they will be in for a rather RUDE awakening in the real world when they 1) don't make the team 2)don't get the girl 3) dont' get the scholarship 4) don't get the job..

(may I interject here that it would be better for them to lose out on # 2 and not get the girl. thereby increasing their chances of #3 and #4 / as a mother of sons let me say to allyou young boys.. there will be plenty girls AFTER college, AFTER you get the job.

(this is the point where you ALL point out to me how NO ONE listens to me!!! son #1 got the girl..lost the girl, blah blah... skipped a few steps. got a job and a good girl, then got the kids back.

son #2 got the girl, (took her to her senior prom when he was a junior), went to college, married her, waited a couple years, had kids.

ok. lost my point... OH YEAH!!!! Mom, (or grandma) is NOT goinhg to let you win! cause you never know what life will throw at you, but you better NOT be "coddled"!

so , back at the ranch, Jackson and I are playing disney scene it and he beats me fair and square. and he is just thrilled. cause he knows he beat me fair and square.

and 7 is a GREAT age! his unique personality is really developing. he has that twinkle in his eye. he had learned the art of "irony" in conversation. I have been "teasing" him, so he has learned to "tease" back.
never talk "down" to children. they are so much smarter than you think.. and they can be as smart as you allow them to be. but always find a way to laugh with them.

my grandpa was a minister. he was a very intelligent man, read a lot of books. always let me ask questions. but the best thing about him.. he played games with me, told jokes, and he was SO funny!!!

Gonna make this quick.... ummm... yeah, that's not really possible with me, is it?

Whatever...

Knock, knock ...... anybody here????

pretty much all the time, thank you. ;)

I talked to Nebo last night and sad to say the wrist is not better, he's still having a lot of pain :worried: There is a possibility of more surgery. Everyone say a prayer or throw some pixie dust if you prefer!! We need our leader back ::yes::

Oh, geez. That's too bad. Guess that explains the lack of chapterage.

sorta sounds like chaperonage, no?

Chapterage...

chapteronage....

I think I'm tired.

I'm posting too much here, I feel. So I've been trying to take it easy.

Trying.

Rarely successful

Naw. It's still a long way off.

Friday.

57 hours from now.

Not that I'm counting.... :rolleyes1:

::yes::

well, Todd and Kimmy (the teacher, which is why we took the trip in august) are having a house built... a big house.. because the twins are moving in with their dad!!!

Hey! That's great!

don't anyone say the Lord doesn't answer prayers. He might take His sweet time about it, but our time is not His time..( and no one tell Him I said that....:rotfl: don't worry, you won't go to hell for laughing. God has a great sense of humour. he did create the platypus, you know! )

lifesciences-platypus.jpg

:lmao:

(and whoever says God doesn't approve of sex never read the book of Solomon... but.. I digress....)

hmmm.... People think He doesn't approve of sex.... where do all those pesky little people come from then?

No I don't mean midgets!

sheesh.

so I had another day to spend with Jackson.... he got a new game :Minecraft. I don't get it.

Kay was playing it for a while... ditto.

or when playing HI HO CHERRY-O, because if you dont cheat and let the kid win, you'll be playing that stupid game for HOURS!!!

:confused3 What the heck is HI HO CHERRY-O?

but I think if kids never learn how to lose gracefully, or lose at all, actually, and they think they should ALWAYS win and "be special" they will be in for a rather RUDE awakening in the real world

YES!!!

Elle knows that one of my favorite sayings is "Who said life was fair?"

She gets it.

(I think)

never talk "down" to children. they are so much smarter than you think..

It was a bit of an eye opener when I discovered that my DDs were smarter then their Dad.

Your a good grandma.
Me, I'm still waiting.

My kids have a problem with this lesson.
(may I interject here that it would be better for them to lose out on # 2 and not get the girl. thereby increasing their chances of #3 and #4 / as a mother of sons let me say to all you young boys.. there will be plenty girls AFTER college, AFTER you get the job.

... the twins are moving in with their dad!!!
don't anyone say the Lord doesn't answer prayers.

That's wonderful news, Smidgy!! An answered prayer for certain.:goodvibes

Sure hate to hear that Nebo's wrist isn't healing as well as was hoped. Here's to more answered prayer on that issue!:thumbsup2 Sending hugs to you both as you get through it! :grouphug:

Friday.

57 hours from now.

:yay: Looking forward to hearing all about it Ponzi! :wizard:

todd (Jackson's dad) had been recently reunited with them. they graduated with honors this june, and travis and dylan have been having a great time spending time with their little brother, Jackson.

That is AWESOME news!! :goodvibes

Ah, the platypus - I think it's cute :rotfl:

::yes::

so I had another day to spend with Jackson.... he got a new game :Minecraft. I don't get it. he creates lands and castles and buildings and there are cows and pigs, and ghosts and weird creatures roaming around and you can build a house, with TNT, a bomb house. and I never felt so OLD in all my life!!!! and my 7 year old grandson is teaching me.
so Jackson wanted to play "disney scene it" and he points his finger at me at says
"you better take it easy on me cause I KNOW you know everything there is about disney. Grandma Smidgy!"

and I did NOT take liberty with the verbage. those were his exact words.. smart kid.

I hear you! Both of my boys love Minecraft too - I tried it once and was so confused LOL

but I think if kids never learn how to lose gracefully, or lose at all, actually, and they think they should ALWAYS win and "be special" they will be in for a rather RUDE awakening in the real world when they 1) don't make the team 2)don't get the girl 3) dont' get the scholarship 4) don't get the job..

So agree! ::yes::

so , back at the ranch, Jackson and I are playing disney scene it and he beats me fair and square. and he is just thrilled. cause he knows he beat me fair and square.

It always feels better to win fair and square! :thumbsup2

I hope Nebo's wrist is healing better :flower3:

Friday.

57 hours from now.

I'm guessing it's less than 24 hours now that you leave? Have a fun and safe trip. Looking forward to reading about it when you get back. If you come back. Might like it so much over there, you move there and forget about all of us and never post here again. Which sends the ladies into cardiac.......

Wow. Some dream that was. Yeah. Never happen in real life. Right?!:eek:

Some of us will miss you while you're gone. Me and Nebo on the other hand, well we may think of you occasionally and wonder if your sanity is still intact.

Until then, stay thirsty my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter