#OrlandoUnited 5K (includes Virtual Option)

Ariel484

DIS Veteran
Just saw this on Facebook and wanted to share here...

http://www.finalmileracemanagement.com/race-events/2963/

OrlandoUnited_5K-small.jpg

Race Registration: $30
Virtual Registration: $20

Includes t-shirt (cotton, unisex sizing) and finisher medal.

Runners are strong. We are aware. We can fight the feelings and the ghosts that threaten us.
We are stronger than the demons we face. We are Orlando United.

Join us Saturday, June 25th in Lake Mary to fight back, give back and take control of our emotions!
7:00am start time

All funds are going to the One Orlando Fund set up by the City of Orlando.
ALL services have been donated to raise the maximum!

Details

Date:
June 25
Time:
7:00 am - 9:00 am

Last edited:

I think I'm going to do this. Have to double check the calendar though...

ETA: I tried to sign up and was only getting the virtual option. Anyone know how to sign up for the actual running option? Or is that closed?

Last edited:

I think I'm going to do this. Have to double check the calendar though...

ETA: I tried to sign up and was only getting the virtual option. Anyone know how to sign up for the actual running option? Or is that closed?
I think the "in person" option is full.

I'm in! I heart the running community. Do virtual participants get t-shirts? Or is it only those who run on-site? Not that it matters either way, I'm just curious. Seems like a t-shirt and medal (plus postage) for $20 is going to eat into the percentage of the registration fee that can go to the fund. I do have to admit that I am rather ignorant about virtual runs. This will be my first.

I'm in! I heart the running community. Do virtual participants get t-shirts? Or is it only those who run on-site? Not that it matters either way, I'm just curious. Seems like a t-shirt and medal (plus postage) for $20 is going to eat into the percentage of the registration fee that can go to the fund. I do have to admit that I am rather ignorant about virtual runs. This will be my first.

I was wondering the same. Do I need to submit anything? Can't I run at a slightly different time?

I signed up but no idea what I do next...

I picked out a t-shirt size during the registration, so it appears that at least the t-shirt is a "yes." I'm curious about the time I can run as well. I plan to run a bit earlier than the posted time in hopes to avoid as much of the heat as I can.

And when I click on the link, it says virtual run 5K. I sent off an email to them to see if they can clarify that for me.
Wow, that's bizarre. I initially missed that when I clicked the physical link. There is a paper form that was posted on the website. If they don't respond via email perhaps you could submit that? It seems like a lot of trouble though. Hope you get in!

Everything including shirts and medals have been donated from my understanding so most of the money is going to the fund.

Everything was donated. As I understand it, all of what we are paying for the registration (minus Active.com fees) goes right to the fund. :)

This will be my first as well - knowing that all of the fees are going straight to the fund is what made me sign up.
I was wondering the same. Do I need to submit anything? Can't I run at a slightly different time?

I signed up but no idea what I do next...
As I understand it, you don't submit a time to them or anything. You do your run and they mail the shirts and medals out in July.

I plan on doing my run that Saturday (but you can don't whenever, I think) and will be wearing a rainbow-colored shirt. I'm going to post something on my social media accounts when I am complete my run. :)

Everything was donated. As I understand it, all of what we are paying for the registration (minus Active.com fees) goes right to the fund. :)

This will be my first as well - knowing that all of the fees are going straight to the fund is what made me sign up.

As I understand it, you don't submit a time to them or anything. You do your run and they mail the shirts and medals out in July.

I plan on doing my run that Saturday (but you can don't whenever, I think) and will be wearing a rainbow-colored shirt. I'm going to post something on my social media accounts when I am complete my run. :)

Good idea! I'll do the same!

I've altered my outfit for my 10k that day to be 'Orlando Strong'.. Right now I don't think I'll be able to get the 5k in 'at the same time' as it'll be ran in Orlando (as it'd be 5 am in Utah since I have to be at the race site by 6 and it's an hour away..) but won't confirm that till I see the race start..

I'm also participating in Hogwarts Running Club's 'Dumbledores army : we run as one' 9,340 mile race raising funds for the Trevor Project. an Orlando based LGBQ charity. So doing my part :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter