• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Cedar Works or Rainbow Play Systems?

i have the shore step in mine (the zig-zag steps inside, right???)... I hate sandboxes... i could just see my ds throwing the sand around instead of playing w/ it, knim? But if you have a child who would play nicely w/ the sand, most kids love a sandbox too. And mine still use the sure step in their 'play'... i actually just asked them the other day if they wanted us to take it out since they're now 6 and 8, and they said "no!", they use it as a jail, as a store w/ shelves, and for other things.
hth!

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for your response! I can envision my girls using it in their play too.

Thanks to all for posting kind words about CedarWorks swingsets.

Caveat, I work for the company, so I'm biased, but I wanted to add some more details about CedarWorks. CedarWorks is unique because it uses northern white cedar, which is naturally splinter-free and rot-resistant. It never needs to be pressure-treated with toxic chemicals like arsenic. And, since the wood doesn't need staining or sealing, you save time and money on maintenance.

Also, every cedar post and beam in a CedarWorks playset has the heartwood of a tree at its center. This, combined with mortise and tenon joinery, provides remarkable strength and a creates a swingset built to last.

Thanks for thinking of CedarWorks.

We just bought the Palasides II from Home Depot today. It will be delivered in about 10 days - just in time for ds's birthday. We've looked at lots of them over the last couple of weeks and this one seemed to be built the best in the price range we could afford. With shipping/taxes we paid a little over $1,100.

Eight years ago we bought the BJ special - everyone chipped in $100 so we could by my precious DD the $500 swingset with the yellow loopy slide. After five years of having the set DD5 was sliding down and somehow slipped off the side and fell face first into th ground, loosing a tooth and jamming another one that was eventually pulled. Five minutes after it happened DD3 went down the slide and slipped off the side, but with no injuries. It took DH and DBIL about 10 seconds to make the decision to pull it down that day. We looked for over six months or a set. I was mentioning our dilemma to a friend (a NE Patriot player's wife) who told me about the Rainbow set she got and loved. We went down the next day.

Now we are not rich people - trust me!! The set was VERY expensive - some would say I could have purchased 1/2 of a car with it or put a down payment on a house.

I'm very happy with my set. I'm a big girl and I can go on it without worries. The girls hope to have sleepovers in the clubhouse, which we supersized so they could be up there with chairs. I probably wouldn't have gotten the trapeze bar, but it's all good.

I know this is an old thread but I was searching Cedarworks and this came up! Does anyone have a Play-a-Round by Cedarworks? We want a nice swing set for our 4 kids and this one is actually works with our budget but I wanted to know if it is still as nice in quality as the other Cedarworks sets. Being that it is kind of their "budget" line. Thank you if anyone can help!!

We have a Revelry series, which they no longer make. If you can;t afford their premium sets, I would still go with their budget sets. The real value in a CedarWorks set is the white cedar. It really requires no maintenance and none of my kids have got splinters from it. If we had to purchase again, I would probably go with the budget set as out kids mostly use the swings and not the other features. CedarWorks does stand behind their products and it's nice to know they are make in the USA.

We also have their indoor set which our kids love and use more. I takes up a lot of room, but is a better purchase then a living room set.

I have been very happy with both of our CedarWorks purchases and woudl purchase from them again.

We have a Revelry series, which they no longer make. If you can;t afford their premium sets, I would still go with their budget sets. The real value in a CedarWorks set is the white cedar. It really requires no maintenance and none of my kids have got splinters from it. If we had to purchase again, I would probably go with the budget set as out kids mostly use the swings and not the other features. CedarWorks does stand behind their products and it's nice to know they are make in the USA.

We also have their indoor set which our kids love and use more. I takes up a lot of room, but is a better purchase then a living room set.

I have been very happy with both of our CedarWorks purchases and woudl purchase from them again.

Great. Thank you for your help.

My sil has a rainbow that she bought when her oldest was 2. He's a jr in hs now and my kids play on it when we visit. It has held up well.

We bought a rainbow and love it . Even us parents can use the swings and slides. It's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter