OT - let the chatting begin....... CHAT thread

Oh gosh I hope you get to the bottom of it very soon. Does his asthma flair up much? Im 11 years since my last attack so hopefully I grew out of it completely but to be honest I didn't have it too badly. I cant remember the bad attacks because it was worst between 2 and 4 years old.
Don't worry it will all be ok and you will have a lovely holiday to look forward to.
xxxx

It's not to bad in the winter mine better in the winter months too.
He had 5 rides in ambulances with it touch wood not one this year but now this year.
It was bad when we where in liverpool.
I will keep you up to date with it Kizzy !
Yay I know 48 days :thumbsup2

Have you had him allergy tested? When I was young one of my eyes would swell up like that first picture. It happened maybe 5 or 6 times and I had no idea what caused it and the only thing I did was waited it out. Probably took some kind of allergy meds. I'm allergic to pretty much all animals that's can be pets. Also have asthma for 30 years but I wouldn't think that's related. My allergies have been HORRIBLE this last month. Eyes watering and itching everyday besides the sniffling sneezing stuff that goes along with it.

I'm now thinking this is the way to go thank you.
We don't have pets for the same reasons as you I just couldn't have anything in the house my chest is that bad.
You sound they same as us we been suffering with the hay fever bad in the last month.
Alex trouble seem to be like mine last time I took them to nandos he had the frozen yogurt it was strawberry flavour 2 months full and he was coughing straw muller lights do the same thing to me :confused3.
There loads of things I can not eat and drink he's going to be the same.
He has another problem I'm now wondering if that linked to :confused3
Thanks you for your input :)

Thought I would share on here that I have been looking to advance my role at work and have today passed my assessment to go onto a 2 wk transition course, if that goes ok I will move up a pay band and hopefully get me onto a paramedic programme as the trust I work for are changing the university they use so hopefully it won't mean jumping through more hoops as I gave the qualifications needed currently to get onto a paramedic programme but as I haven't studied in the last 5 yrs they won't allow me on it as that is what the current uni are saying.

That's good news - hope you manage to get through ok :thumbsup2

Thanks, its been a frustrating few years in which because I gained my degree in 2006 they won't count it as its over 5 years, its a stupid ruling which I think is in part why the ambulance trust is changing uni's for the paramedic course and that we are well below the number of paramedics needed.

It's so annoying when you know you're capable of something but a rule gets in the way - hopefully it'll all work out for you.

Not seen this thread for ages...how is everyone?

I've got another busy week at work this week ahead - day trip to Nottingham on Thursday - early start at 5am and not home until after midnight :scared1:

Good night for me is tomorrow, going to the new Hydro in Glasgow to see Still Game :banana:

Thought I would share on here that I have been looking to advance my role at work and have today passed my assessment to go onto a 2 wk transition course, if that goes ok I will move up a pay band and hopefully get me onto a paramedic programme as the trust I work for are changing the university they use so hopefully it won't mean jumping through more hoops as I gave the qualifications needed currently to get onto a paramedic programme but as I haven't studied in the last 5 yrs they won't allow me on it as that is what the current uni are saying.

Great news, and good luck with regards the new uni and letting you on the course! :thumbsup2

Rosebug had her bloods done again last week (bloody horrific; poor play therapist didn't stand a chance, I think he was scared!) but... for the first time in possibly 3 years... SHE IS LEVEL!!!

Got quite tearful when I realised that she possibly feels well for the first time since she was a baby/toddler! I understand it won't stay this way as she grows her levels will change, but at least for NOW she is feeling great!

Great news, Nikki, and good luck - can't believe they won't recognise your degree, a degree is a degree whether you graduated last year or twenty years ago, how ridiculous is that! :confused3
Rosebug had her bloods done again last week (bloody horrific; poor play therapist didn't stand a chance, I think he was scared!) but... for the first time in possibly 3 years... SHE IS LEVEL!!!

Got quite tearful when I realised that she possibly feels well for the first time since she was a baby/toddler! I understand it won't stay this way as she grows her levels will change, but at least for NOW she is feeling great!

So pleased for you and Rosebug. :goodvibes

That's amazing news!! Yeay!

C x

Great news, and good luck with regards the new uni and letting you on the course! :thumbsup2

That's great news, hopefully it will continue :thumbsup2

Great news, Nikki, and good luck - can't believe they won't recognise your degree, a degree is a degree whether you graduated last year or twenty years ago, how ridiculous is that! :confused3

Thanks, I know this is what we have been arguing about, I think my work have got fed up with the criteria keep being changed from the uni that they can't keep up. I applied a couple of years back and each time they changed what they wanted.

It's so annoying when you know you're capable of something but a rule gets in the way - hopefully it'll all work out for you.

Not seen this thread for ages...how is everyone?

I've got another busy week at work this week ahead - day trip to Nottingham on Thursday - early start at 5am and not home until after midnight :scared1:

Good night for me is tomorrow, going to the new Hydro in Glasgow to see Still Game :banana:

I'm good thanks, found out our new rota at work and I still have Christmas day and Boxing day off which i'm pleased about as its the 1st time in 5 years, still don't like the new rota though as way too many short shifts which means in work more often. I would rather do 12 hour shifts and get them out the way.

At least I know what i'm working now and can hopefully book a trip to Disney:yay:

Enjoy Still game, I used to watch it on tv:goodvibes

Can I jump in to say - I just met some Googlebox stars :cool1:.
They were doing regional book signings all over the country today, and we have 2 families, the Sidiqquis and Rev Kate and Graham, local to us. They were in bookshops literally 5 minutes walk from each other, so we met all of them, and got our photos and quotes taken for the local evening news :rotfl:!

My DD and her bestie want to apply to be on Googlebox now :rotfl2:.

Can I jump in to say - I just met some Googlebox stars :cool1:.
They were doing regional book signings all over the country today, and we have 2 families, the Sidiqquis and Rev Kate and Graham, local to us. They were in bookshops literally 5 minutes walk from each other, so we met all of them, and got our photos and quotes taken for the local evening news :rotfl:!

My DD and her bestie want to apply to be on Googlebox now :rotfl2:.

I love that show!! Its one of the cleverest things I've seen in years and such a simple concept! Lucky you getting to meet some of the stars :goodvibes

Woo hoo :cheer2: Go Rosebug!! Long may it last. She sounds like such a brave little lady.

I applied a couple of years back and each time they changed what they wanted.

That has to be kind of soul destroying to be eager to advance yourself and getting sent around the houses. I hope their evaluation of the current system works in your favour and great news that you are off over Christmas :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter