under the sea
Sky’s turning violet,
go get the pilot
Adam and Eve here
they’d love to leave here
Maybe you’ve tried ways
Have you tried sideways?
Under the sea

I think my issue is that if the writers had come up with an ending that at least presented a logical reason as to why all the crazy stuff happened on the island I would have been thrilled. For example, if the island really was purgatory and they were on a journey to find themselves while they were there it really would have made the ending so much more emotional and meaningful. I just really didn't like that they threw in such a greatly filmed ending but yet ignored the last 6 seasons. It was just so disappointing to me....I just wanted at least a bit of a connection between the ending and the rest of the show and just didn't feel it. It was too disjointed from the rest of the show for me. Its such as shame bc I love all the characters so much but I just even had issues with the ending (like why was Sayid with Shannon in the end when it really should have been Nadia I feel). I sooooo want to love the finale....but I just can't. They didn't need to answer every question, just find a better way to tie things together at least. It was just way too disconnected from the rest of the show for me. oh well :confused3

Couple of theories on the Sayid/ Nadia/ Shannon thing:

1) These women each represent a distinctly different time in Sayid's life. Nadia represents war/ torture, which is perhaps why the storyline with his brother.....unrequited love, tortured brother......and Shannon represents a time in his life of, not so much peace, but a time when he was his own man, helping others and being on the good guys side. Which side would you want to spend eternity with? :thumbsup2

2) The finale wasn't about each of their own purgatories but just Jack's (sorry...can't help but think jazz hands when I type "just jack"....loose Will and Grace reference). Jack never knew Sayid with Nadia, only Shannon.

I wonder what the writers think of all the speculation?

Okay, finally watched it last night. And the pregnancy hormones were in high gear yesterday so everytime someone "flashed" and "discovered" themselves, I was a mess. Especially Jin and Sun. Theirs was probably my favorite backstory and DH and were so depressed when they died.

Anyhow.....after watching the ending, we were wondering why Walt and Michael weren't a part of the "purgatory" part.

And what happened to Desmond? I understand that perhaps Ben and Hurley stayed on the island to guard it, but I'd like to think that Des made it off to reunite with Penny and Charlie.

I've always been a Jack girl so was glad to see him achieve his final "fix" and receive closure, especially with his Dad.

Okay, finally watched it last night. And the pregnancy hormones were in high gear yesterday so everytime someone "flashed" and "discovered" themselves, I was a mess. Especially Jin and Sun. Theirs was probably my favorite backstory and DH and were so depressed when they died.

Anyhow.....after watching the ending, we were wondering why Walt and Michael weren't a part of the "purgatory" part.

And what happened to Desmond? I understand that perhaps Ben and Hurley stayed on the island to guard it, but I'd like to think that Des made it off to reunite with Penny and Charlie.

I've always been a Jack girl so was glad to see him achieve his final "fix" and receive closure, especially with his Dad.

Remember when Michael told Hurley he was stuck on the island? As were a lot of other souls? They're the ones who whisper all the time. And as for Walt, he didn't spend a lot of time on the island. So he really didn't get a chance to grow close to everyone. He didn't go through nearly as much as the other castaways did.

As for Desmond, my assumption is he stayed on the island? That's the only logical conclusion one could come to. Unless the 12-14 minute "epilogue" of Hurley and Ben on the island in the upcoming Complete Lost Collection (August) explains what happened.

Couple of theories on the Sayid/ Nadia/ Shannon thing:

1) These women each represent a distinctly different time in Sayid's life. Nadia represents war/ torture, which is perhaps why the storyline with his brother.....unrequited love, tortured brother......and Shannon represents a time in his life of, not so much peace, but a time when he was his own man, helping others and being on the good guys side. Which side would you want to spend eternity with? :thumbsup2

2) The finale wasn't about each of their own purgatories but just Jack's (sorry...can't help but think jazz hands when I type "just jack"....loose Will and Grace reference). Jack never knew Sayid with Nadia, only Shannon.

I wonder what the writers think of all the speculation?

I like your reasoning and agree with it, but Jack did meet Nadia off the island with Sayid since Sayid and Nadia were married for some time

Well the yatch was still in harbor (MIB's getaway) so I would like to think that he was given safe passage from the island by Ben and Hurley to return to his Penny.

Well the yatch was still in harbor (MIB's getaway) so I would like to think that he was given safe passage from the island by Ben and Hurley to return to his Penny.

I think that was what they implied when Jack(Hurley? don't remember) mentioned getting him back to his wife and son

Also, in retrospect, this one is even funnier now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctU7CwBiqco

this is the best one I've seen yet. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Thank you wdwforlife for posting it. This video had me laughing out loud. It was posted before the finale of Lost aired. Nearly everything they mention in it was NOT answered.

What was in the guitar case!!!! OMG I get really angry when I think of all the things they didn't answer. I'm still happy with the ending in a way because it was so nice to see everyone back together.

I think my issue is that if the writers had come up with an ending that at least presented a logical reason as to why all the crazy stuff happened on the island I would have been thrilled. For example, if the island really was purgatory and they were on a journey to find themselves while they were there it really would have made the ending so much more emotional and meaningful. I just really didn't like that they threw in such a greatly filmed ending but yet ignored the last 6 seasons. It was just so disappointing to me....I just wanted at least a bit of a connection between the ending and the rest of the show and just didn't feel it. It was too disjointed from the rest of the show for me. Its such as shame bc I love all the characters so much but I just even had issues with the ending (like why was Sayid with Shannon in the end when it really should have been Nadia I feel). I sooooo want to love the finale....but I just can't. They didn't need to answer every question, just find a better way to tie things together at least. It was just way too disconnected from the rest of the show for me. oh well :confused3

It's like the writers had 5 years of such a majestic story about the island and all the interwoven characters. Then season 6 was a completely different story. They did explain the Jacob, MIB, and Richard backstories (thank you Damon and Carlton!!) but the ending didn't have anything to do with the island's magical powers. So frustrating!

My DS tells me I have to just accept that it was a magical island and we will never know when/how/why. He's 17 and apparently more mature and worldly than his crazy mother. He's been calling me the crazy french woman. (But I'm french canadian).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter