OT - on your marks, get set..... CHAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,:)

Just back from the vet, my cat got worse and i didn't want to take any chances.
Turns out she has a respiratory infection bless her, her eyes are full or green gunk and her nose is running.
I showed the vet the insect repellent bottle and asked if that could have caused it to which he replied no. It just coincedence that she was ill today.

She has had an antibiotic injection that last 2 weeks and an anti inflammatory injection to bring her temperature of nearly 40 down. :scared1:

If she is no better by Sunday i have to take her back.

Sods law, she has now come home, has eaten and is now sitting there cleaning herself.

that virus is based in the UK apparently, they don't knw where it stemed from but i've heard its through actual advertisements on the sites themselves.

don't quote me on that though

seems to be the only way to clear it is to wipe the machine at the moment :eek:

I managed to get away without having to completely wipe the machine. But I needed all the help from various tech forums and Firefox browser to fix it :)

:eek: I am so glad I switched to mac now!

Most virus are windows/ie specific because it is more prevelant. I fancy a mac myself but do not think they are competely immune.

Most virus are windows/ie specific because it is more prevelant. I fancy a mac myself but do not think they are competely immune.

I've got several macs now as I much prefer them after buying my first a couple of years ago. While they're not completely immune from viruses, there is currently only a very small number of them around and most of these require social engineering to pick up (e.g. by downloading something that claims to be a big expensive program but also includes a virus). There aren't many of the sort that copy themselves round and infect you like that.

I've got several macs now as I much prefer them after buying my first a couple of years ago. While they're not completely immune from viruses, there is currently only a very small number of them around and most of these require social engineering to pick up (e.g. by downloading something that claims to be a big expensive program but also includes a virus). There aren't many of the sort that copy themselves round and infect you like that.

This is precisely why I'd like to make my next purchase a mac. Just need to keep saving the pennies :goodvibes
Thought finding the central heating system down this morning and DW car needing attention at the garage means I will need to stay in Windows/PC land a bit longer :headache:

thorpe park !!!!!!!! just dont do it argh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good job mr tesco had paid ,if i,d paid £38 and then had to queue 45 to 80 mins each ride:scared1: i would of not been happy we left at 3pm after doing 4 rides:sad2:

Don't they have fastpass at Thorpe Park? My sister lives near Alton Towers, and my other sis and family always take a trip there in the summer school holidays - but they buy fastpass to make the most of their day without queueing for hours.

We went to Legoland yesterday and only a few rides had long wait times, I think about 3 so we managed to get them all done (bar these 3) in 6 hours. TBH there wasnt many thrill rides and the park was made to feel bigger than it was due to it being so spread out. Altho since going to Disney no park over here has been good enough :lmao:

thorpe park !!!!!!!! just dont do it argh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good job mr tesco had paid ,if i,d paid £38 and then had to queue 45 to 80 mins each ride:scared1: i would of not been happy we left at 3pm after doing 4 rides:sad2:

I guess every park has its' busy time during the summer :goodvibes

I went to Thorpe park in July before the schools broke up, it was still really busy. I found that my head was bashed around on all of the rollercoaster rides, it was not nice.

I dont know why i go to theme parks inthis counrty im so spoiled by disney i should know better but it seemed a good idea at the time:rotfl: i was in such a good mood though as the day before i went to see wicked in kondon and met LEE MEAD mmmmmmm nice

And can you belive i shut my eyes :lmao::lmao:he looks nice though

100_0375.jpg

100_0378.jpg

And can you belive i shut my eyes :lmao::lmao:he looks nice though

LOL!! :lmao: My eldest DD always shuts her eyes ~ you can guarantee we'll get a photo where everyone else looks halfway decent and she's got her eyes shut AGAIN!! ;)

Did you enjoy Wicked? We're going to see it in a couple of weeks time. Also the Lion King. I'm trying very hard to get excited for a non-Disney holiday but it's not easy! :rotfl:

Did you enjoy Wicked? We're going to see it in a couple of weeks time. Also the Lion King. I'm trying very hard to get excited for a non-Disney holiday but it's not easy! :rotfl:

When are you going Elaine? We're at Wicked on 26th August.

its was my 2nd time seeing wicked and ive booked to go again in october i really love the show and lee was just a bonas let me know what you both think of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter