Other Pooh shaped questions

trekkie2

Mouseketeer
I love the pooh shaped idea, I am using that forever! As yet another Pooh shaped fan out there, I was wondering if any rides were difficult fits for some of us rounder folks?

The vast majority of the rides shouldn't be an issue. I find the teacups a little small if you're squeazing in 3 or more adults and the Astro-orbiter is just plain hard to get out of if you're more than 4 feet tall. In DCA the Maliboomer restraint has to be able to buckle (most people won't have a problem, but I've seen a couple of really big people have issues) and the Orange stinger probably has a weight limit (it's no longer posted though--used to be 200 pounds, I do believe it's higher now).

I am very pooh sized and have never had a problem. On some things you will be more comfortable (less squished) if you ride with a kid, instead of an adult, but you should be able to enjoy everything.

with no problem! They seem to have different restraints than our local themepark uses. For instance, here I have to wait and ask to ride in the back car of the kiddie roller coaster...it's the only car with a seatbelt long enough for pooh sized folks. At Disneyland I never once had this happen.

I'm built so that I carry most of my weight between my hips and my knees, and at places like Camp Snoopy I was unable to get some lap bars to go down far enough to lock in place...meaning I couldn't ride. The lap bars at Disney never had this problem...thank goodness!

I also didn't have any problem with turnstiles or gates...which was nice!

Well, I'm shaped like a pear, if that helps. :flower:

I was uncomfortable mentally in the astro-orbiters, because I knew I'd have a hard time standing up afterward, but was able to ride with relatively little trouble. I wouldn't even try Dumbo, it just looked too small, but I've heard that others have gone on it with no problems. Some rides I felt a little squished, but I was able to ride everything I wanted to. I think you might find lack of leg room more of a problem. :rolleyes:

At DCA, on Mulholland Madness, it was easier for me to ride with my husband than with the kids because of the restraint bar--it wouldn't go down far enough to keep the kids safe. However, they have an adapter that they can use if I had wanted to ride with the kids. (But why on earth would I pass up a couple of seconds alone with my husband, kid-free? ;) )

I was also able to ride the rides at Flik's Fun Fair, but I felt a little squished on most of them.

Blackunicorn said:
At DCA, on Mulholland Madness, it was easier for me to ride with my husband than with the kids because of the restraint bar--it wouldn't go down far enough to keep the kids safe. However, they have an adapter that they can use if I had wanted to ride with the kids.

That's the ride I was going to mention. I'm not 'Pooh sized' :) but I witnessed a VERY embarassed mommy having to deal with this issue a few years ago. She was with her young daughter and they tried the adapter and CM said there was still too much space. CM wanted the DD (maybe 5YO) to ride alone in the car behind her mom on the next train (because this one was full). Mom didn't think DD could handle the ride alone so they were going to get off the ride. We were in the row behind them though and I offered to ride with DD and DH rode with mom which worked out just fine. I could tell mom was humiliated though.

I am also Pooh sized (size 24) Do yu think I'll have a problem with the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Splash, Cali Screamin, Soarin' and Mulholland Madness?

TIA!

eta: I'm going solo, won't be riding with ank children

smilingmouse said:
I am also Pooh sized (size 24) Do yu think I'll have a problem with the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Splash, Cali Screamin, Soarin' and Mulholland Madness?

My DW Tammy is also a size 24 and rode all of the above with no problems. The only size problem was when we let the CMs talk all 3 of us into riding one doom buggy...OOOOOFFF! Others wanted us to bunch up on Buzz later and we let them know NO WAY!

I'm not 'Pooh sized' but I witnessed a VERY embarassed mommy having to deal with this issue a few years ago. She was with her young daughter and they tried the adapter and CM said there was still too much space.

Okay, then, to clarify, I'm a size 24 on the bottom, and I was able to ride Mulholland Madness with my then-5-year-old using the adapter, but I don't remember if there was a lot of space after they added the adapter. I would guess that if you have a very large tummy, they would have more trouble getting the bar to hold tight. I do think that I have a large tummy, but I have a hard time being objective about my size. :rolleyes: I totally sympathize with that mom, though--I would have felt exactly the same. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter