Our Experience Using the "Refresh Method"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found d refresh works for anything day of we regularly pull headlines day of some are more work than others but it isnt impossible

Anything in particular? Using AP I just tested Space Mountain for today. First try I could only get 4:45pm. After two refreshes I moved it to 2:35 and then 12:05.
Did you get to the confirmation page and/or actually book that FP? People are reporting that when they get to the confirmation page, it tells them that time slot is no longer available and then automatically selects a much later time slot for them.

Guys Youtube has a couple of videos explaining how to do this.. .. if you are a visual learner like me check it out. It's not hard, apparently persistence, patience and luck is what it takes.
Thanks for the tip!!!

Did you get to the confirmation page and/or actually book that FP? People are reporting that when they get to the confirmation page, it tells them that time slot is no longer available and then automatically selects a much later time slot for them.

Yes I fully booked both updated times(and cancelled them since I was just testing). Using mobile MDE.

Yes I fully booked both updated times(and cancelled them since I was just testing). Using mobile MDE.

Then you've been one of the VERY few lucky ones. Others have said they would immediately try to book the time and on the next screen they would get the no longer available message.

Then you've been one of the VERY few lucky ones. Others have said they would immediately try to book the time and on the next screen they would get the no longer available message.

I messed around some more and it's not just refreshes. I get the message with new bookings a well. During a refresh though it can certainly cause you to miss a prized time that popped up. Im sure theyll iron it out.

I messed around some more and it's not just refreshes. I get the message with new bookings a well. During a refresh though it can certainly cause you to miss a prized time that popped up. Im sure theyll iron it out.

That's not the message I want to read with my FP window only 3 days away.

It is spring break guys, if it is anything like Maxpass at Disneyland (aside from the fact that Disneyland has more availability), chances are someone just beat you to getting the FP. It clearly states the FP is not guaranteed as available until you reach the confirmation page. It amazes me how people loose their minds over things like this.

It is spring break guys, if it is anything like Maxpass at Disneyland (aside from the fact that Disneyland has more availability), chances are someone just beat you to getting the FP. It clearly states the FP is not guaranteed as available until you reach the confirmation page. It amazes me how people loose their minds over things like this.

Except that prior to this change, if you had a time show up it was locked. It's completely different than before.

Except that prior to this change, if you had a time show up it was locked. It's completely different than before.
Which if you ever read the fine print on the screen was not how it was supposed to work before, so technically the previous method would be the glitch and the current one is working as was always intended.

Which if you ever read the fine print on the screen was not how it was supposed to work before, so technically the previous method would be the glitch and the current one is working as intended.

If you think that the fine print on everything that Disney has represents what is supposed to happen then nothing is working the way that it is supposed to. Fine print is a CYA, not the norm.

Which if you ever read the fine print on the screen was not how it was supposed to work before, so technically the previous method would be the glitch and the current one is working as was always intended.

So you mean to tell me that Disney allowed the "glitch" to go on for what....3 years now? And NOW all of a sudden they go...oops...let's go ahead and fix that and make it like it SHOULD have been?

So you mean to tell me that Disney allowed the "glitch" to go on for what....3 years now? And NOW all of a sudden they go...oops...let's go ahead and fix that and make it like it SHOULD have been?
Yep, not that unheard of with Disney's IT department, it happens a lot.

Happens a lot....what other instances can you remind me of in which Disney's IT let something go for SO long.
The whole way split stays are handled, even Disney said they always intended solution stays would have separate booking windows. That would be one of many.

I’ve been playing with it most of the day and the only issue I’ve had is with FOP, SDD and SDMT. At one time or the other, they all popped up, but would show n/a at the confirmation page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter