Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

Leshaface

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to my WDW TR!

Just a little bit of info before we get started:

This trip was a first for many things. Might as well number them off since there are so many!

1) First time - going to WDW when the Christmas decorations are up!

2) First time - staying at WDW using our DVC! We just became members in April with our home resort being AKL. I always told my DH that the next trip we would take to WDW was going to be at a Deluxe resort (our first trip was Pop, then our second was Coronado Springs). Little did we know, that we would be DVC owners by the time we stayed at a Deluxe!

3) First time - going to WDW for my mom. She hasn't been on a plane since 1996 and she was hoping to keep it like that for the rest of her life. However, she had promised me and my DH once, that once we had a baby, she would come with us to WDW. Welp, that time came sooner then expected!

4) First time - going to WDW with a baby! My DH and I just had our first baby boy, born on October 2, 2012 :cool1:

If you want to check out my PTR, here is the link. It's mostly a bunch of back and forth conversations between friends, with updates here and there about the trip and my pregnancy.

The Details:

AKV 1 Bedroom - December 8, 2012
AKV Studio Savannah View - December 9 - 11, 2012 - Quick Service Dining
BWV 1 Bedroom Pool View - December 12 - 14, 2012 - Deluxe Dining

The Cast:

DH (29) and me (28)

DSC00681.jpg

DS (2 months) and mom (unknown) :lmao:

IMG_4202_zps55d4bd5b.jpg

Let's get started!

Friday, December 7, 2012

DH was working today but it was only a half day, so we decided the night before that I would drop him off at work, and then my DM, DS, and I would pick him up on our way down to LA (he works 30 minutes South of where we live, so we thought this would save us some time to try and beat the 5 o’clock LA traffic)

Packing the car was a NIGHTMARE! We took my mom’s 2012 Volvo S80 for the drive down and when she originally purchased it, she loved how roomy it was. Welp, when you try to stuff 4 large suitcases, 3 carry-on’s, a diaper bag, a stroller, a car seat, a baby, and 3 adults into it, this car was clearly too small! I should have taken a picture; it was ridiculous! :crowded:

But we managed to stuff everything in, pick up DH from work and make it to LA, with no traffic thank goodness, by 5:00pm.

My DB and Dsil had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport, so we decided to stay here for the Stay, Park, and Fly rate. For $200, we were able to stay one night before our departure flight and leave our car there for 8 days! I think it was totally worth it instead of getting up the following morning at 2:30am to make the drive down for our 6:55am flight.

We all relaxed for a bit and hung out, then DH and I went out in search of food and found an In-n-Out. Not exactly DH’s cup of tea (what a PSYCHO!) but he settled for it anyway. We brought it back to the room and ate, relaxed, and being silly.

DSC00729_zps26e35d4b.jpg

DSC00730_zps4caf2f8a.jpg

DSC00733_zpsed6fab2e.jpg

DSC00734_zps7782698d.jpg

DSC00736_zpsba1d9022.jpg

It was around 9pm and my mom started getting antsy (especially since we had an 8th floor view of the airplanes coming in) so she knocked back some of the Brandy that we had packed for her in a flask. She also brought along some Portuguese Anise in an empty water bottle since she had no available flasks :rotfl2:. She took a swig of that too. Poor mom! For those of you that don't know, my mom ABSOLUTELY HATES flying. So she needs all the help she can get, and that help happens to be in the form of a little alcohol:thumbsup2

We all went to bed around 10:30pm to wake up at 4:00am for our 5:30am shuttle pickup!

Subbing.

Congratulations on your new addition. Your baby is adorable.

And congratulations on your DVC purchase and stay. What a nice long trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Staying near the airport sounds much better than getting up at 2:30am. Ewwww. Definitely worth it!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :)

I'm in! Love the pics of the baby and his daddy. :goodvibes

Jill in CO

Yay I am so excited to follow along on your trip! Got some updates on Facebook but looking forward to more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter