Our first visit to Disneyland with a stop in DC on the way. *Updated 8/22 with a very sad ending.

And of course we made our way back to Guardians!
IMG_8907.jpeg

Then just me and Kendall headed to Spiderman. This was actually a better than I expected ride.
IMG_8909.jpeg

We didn't score so good lol
IMG_8911.jpeg

The Spiderman show was amazing! Kendall thought he was real when he flew across the buildings lol
IMG_8913.jpeg

Ashley and Hollis headed to Downtown Disney while me and Kendall rode the Grizzly River Run but when we got off, they were waiting on us somehow lol. Anyway, we ended up walking a lot. Looking at all things Disney for a few more hours. No one really wanted to ride anything else but I was good with that. We took a break for a Mickey Pretzel and drink, looked in some stores, bought some Disneyland shirts then headed back to the resort to get ready for dinner. We ended up eating at Taco Joe's or Burrito Joe's or fajita Joe's whatever it was called. Well, it sucked. Funny thing is it had the menu titled Anjolito's which is the same menu at Anjolito's at Universal City Walk in Orlando but the food here just sucked.

Either way, what a great trip!

Next post, Departure day and my final thoughts on this trip. Thanks everyone for reading along!

Last edited:
Looks like a great time in Disneyland! How many days were you in the parks? I'm trying to decide if three full days will be enough.
3 full park days. It was just right. We did have G+ but didn't purchase any $LL. We didn't care about Star Wars since we go to Orlando so much so we focused on the rides WDW does not have and rode a few classics. We never felt rushed and did everything we wanted to do.

3 full park days. It was just right. We did have G+ but didn't purchase any $LL. We didn't care about Star Wars since we go to Orlando so much so we focused on the rides WDW does not have and rode a few classics. We never felt rushed and did everything we wanted to do.
Thank you!

Wow - what a great trip! I ALMOST like DL better than WDW. Almost but it's close. I also loved reading about your time in DC. We've done a lot of traveling but haven't made it there yet. We need to fix that! Thanks for sharing.

Wow - what a great trip! I ALMOST like DL better than WDW. Almost but it's close. I also loved reading about your time in DC. We've done a lot of traveling but haven't made it there yet. We need to fix that! Thanks for sharing.
I went to DC with low expectations and was blown away. It was probably one of the best vacations we have ever had. My girls still bring it up almost every day.

OMG, I forgot about Haunted Mansion! We rode it and upon reaching it, I thought well, this looks like an old southern type home. Didn't really look scary but we were like wow! It's an elevator! Now WDW the stretching room pictures look better due to the fact you can't see where it expands but the ride overall was great!!

How things can change so fast. I was so happy completing this trip report and even on July 3rd I made my last post. Now to tell you how horrible this all is. This truly breaks my heart. Ever since the weekend of July 8th, my life has changed forever. Come to find out on July 1st, my wife Ashley, had the guy she's been cheating on with at our pool party and my "so called friends" neglected to tell me she had her legs wrapped around this guy in my pool! So a little research and I read all the text between them. It turns out she was even texting him while we were on vacation. I am totally crushed and heartbroken. I have been with this woman for 14 years and we have a beautiful family. All destroyed by her actions. Bottom line, she has no empathy and I am an empath. She has not shed a tear. I filed for divorce that Monday and unfortunatlly I will be selling both DVC properties. The sad thing is she does not care about all the family time like Christmas, Thanksgiving and any future trips to Disney the girls will miss. They will suffer and she has already found a friend to move in with. My business is suffering and she is carring on with her new single life like nothing has happened at all. I considered deleting this post but I will just leave it. I did have some great times with her but it's time I take care of me and my girls. They matter the most and I will continue to be a great father to them.

I really enjoyed your trip report and was shocked at your last post.

When I got divorced I was worried about not wanting to go to Disney again because it would just feel different. We would always take the kids there every few years and we even spent part of our honeymoon at WDW. Well we've been twice without him and not one time did I think of him or past trips with him. I actually invited him with us for our last family trip to WDW and a cruise (before we decided to get divorced) and when I think back on it, it did it for my youngest son but I really regret bringing him with us. We would have had more fun without him.

You and your girls will go on other trips and you'll remember those trips. Even when you think about past trips, you'll most likely remember your kid's enjoyment and reactions, not your ex-wife's.

Good luck.

I really enjoyed your trip report and was shocked at your last post.

When I got divorced I was worried about not wanting to go to Disney again because it would just feel different. We would always take the kids there every few years and we even spent part of our honeymoon at WDW. Well we've been twice without him and not one time did I think of him or past trips with him. I actually invited him with us for our last family trip to WDW and a cruise (before we decided to get divorced) and when I think back on it, it did it for my youngest son but I really regret bringing him with us. We would have had more fun without him.

You and your girls will go on other trips and you'll remember those trips. Even when you think about past trips, you'll most likely remember your kid's enjoyment and reactions, not your ex-wife's.

Good luck.
We already went on our Hilton Head trip without her. It was right after I filed for divorce so I didn't even invite her. I did call and tell her she needed to be there once we arrived but it ended up being a great daddy / daughter trip and when it was over, I was glad she didn't come with us. I know it's going to be a tough road but my girls are my priority and we always have a great time together. I will not give up our vacations and we will build our own memories. 3 is what makes us whole.

Stay strong.
Your girls are so very lucky to have a father who has made keeping a family unit together a priority.
When the dust from this totally settles, you are providing them with an incredible role model for the future.
I am happy to hear the 3 of you will continue to travel and create memories.

I am SO sorry this is happening to you.....please know you have a Disney family here who supports you and can give you help. You aren't alone. Again, so sorry :(

I am so sorry to read this. Your girls are so lucky to have a father who wants to ensure the best for them and that will always make them his #1 priority. I wish you many special memories with your girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter