Our last trip as a family of 4 and more PTR! July ASMO Updated 6/30 heading out!

adisneymama

DIS Veteran
HI everyone! I thought I'd try my hand at another Pre-trip report. So for a starter here is the cast:

Me: Mommy the Disney planner of the family.
DH: Loves Disney and agrees with what I plan. :rotfl2:
DD: Age 7 Loves Disney and is a mini planner in training!
DS: Happy go lucky guy that loves Mickey!
The babe: Baby #3 is currently baking. Due in September!

So now that you've met the crew here is a little background info. We originally booked at trip at DLR for December. Then earlier this week I got the email with that wonderful free QSDP pin code. So we started running the numbers and couldn't pass up the pin code. So we canceled the December trip and booked a trip for 7/2-7/10. When I first started pricing things out I had wanted to book a room at ASMO but only preferred rooms were available. So we booked Pop instead. Now we have stayed at Pop numerous times and we love it. But both kids are huge into Toy Story right now and we thought ASMO would be nice to try.

Yesterday I got lucky. A standard room opened up at ASMO and we changed the reservation. :cool1::cool1: The kids are super excited. Aubrey spent the day looking at pictures of ASMO.

So there you have it the start to our last Disney trip as a family of 4! We'll also be celebrating both mine and dh's birthdays as well.

Up next our ADR's!

Ok time for the ADR's!
We will arrive late on July 2nd so nothing planned for this night.
7/3 CM for breakfast for my birthday!
7/4 Playhouse Disney at HV lunch!
7/5 PSB Bk so DD can eat with Royalty!
7/6 CP Breakfast
7/7 Sci-Fi for Dinner
7/8 Donalds BK in AK for dh's birthday!
7/9 1900 PF Dinner
7/10 Cape May for Breakfast before we start the long drive home

I'm not overly thrilled with SCI-Fi so I might change that, but other than that I was able to get what I wanted.

Kids are so excited!

also, look into see what people think of ASMO eatery. i know PC's is wonderful for a value resort and i think so was AllStar Sports was good. Enjoy looking around the resort too. looks to see for Ashton.

It looks like the food court will be fine. Good mixture of food. I might still have to make a trip over to POP though for some tie dye cheesecake!:thumbsup2

Here is a picture of our clan...This was on July 4th last year at Playhouse Disney with JoJo in DHS.

DSC_6799.jpg

Hi Erika Welcome aboard! I'm going to try to update some more later with our plans. I see you have a trip report as well and I'll try to check that out later too. Right now I need to get busy cleaning! :laundy:

Hi Nikki glad you made it over! Maybe our paths will cross while we are there. Maybe we could have a mini dis meet...Erika are you interested? We'll have to compare our plans and see. I love meeting people from the dis! Just ask KYcruisecrazy! We met almost 6 yrs ago on the Disney Magic!:banana:

Our plans thus far are as follows...(this is very subject to change more than once reader be warned! LOL)

July 2nd leave TX and start the very long drive to WDW. We will make a stop outside of Mobile, AL let the kids play at the park and eat lunch. (We are from Mobile originally and know this area very well.) Back to the van and back on the road! We've got some miles to burn!:car: We will arrive at ASMO late and so pretty much we will get the room keys and head to bed!

July 3rd after spending the morning at Chef Mickey's for my bday we will head over to the MK. It is kind of a tradition for us to start our trip with MK.

July 4th HS Most of the day will be spent here but I am thinking we might come back to the resort for a while to rest and then go back later that night for the festivities.

July 5th Epcot We will most likely spend the majority of the day here. This is the only day I have planned for Epcot. (I'll explain that later) I'm thinking we may take a break and head over to Beaches and Cream for a little refresher and then when we have had a good break we'll head back to Epcot and try to see Illuminations before heading back to the resort.

July 6th Back to MK. We'll most likely head to the resort at some point and then return to the park later in the afternoon.

July 7th HS I don't think we will spend a whole day here. I'm thinking we may head over to DTD or this might be our afternoon to do nothing at the resort. Not sure yet. I always leave an afternoon open to do whatever so we'll see.

July 8th AK after eating with Donald for dh's bday we'll hang out at Ak for a while but I'm sure we won't be here all day. This is our least favorite park. Not sure what we'll do that afternoon though.

July 9th Our last park day and we'll spend it in MK. Probably take a break during the day and then head over to the park for the evening. Sadly we'll be back at the resort packing things getting them ready for departure.

July 10th we'll eat at Cape May on the way out. One last hoorah for the kids before the long drive back. I'm not sure if we will spend the night in Mobile with family on the way back or not. We haven't gotten that far into it yet.

I still have to work in BBB for DD and dh wants to try to play golf. I'll work on those this week.

Also, to explain a few things. AK is the least favorite park for us. So 1 day there is more than enough. I really wish they would work on adding some more family rides for this park as well as HS. We enjoy HS but find that our family really enjoys the rides and again this park is lacking in family rides. We love Epcot, but we chose to do 2 days at HS instead of Epcot for a few reasons. There are a lot of rides I won't be able to do since I'm pregnant. Also ds who is 3 is also too small to ride them. HS had more options for us all so we went that route. MK is by far a family favorite and the best park for small kids! So that was a no brainer. The other thing that is kind of worrying me is that we normally park hop but decided not to on this trip. Since we now are paying for DS I just couldn't see spending over $200 for the hopping option. We really only hop on the days that we go to AK or HS anyway. So we will see how this goes!

I need to head out to pick DD up from school soon. I'll check back in later and if anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

I'm in!

So you'll be there over both your and your dh's bdays? That's awesome! We're doing that this year, too. Mine is the 4th and Dh's is the 10th.
I've always wanted to go to Cape May. One of these days we'll fit it in....Can't wait to hear about it.

Hi Nikki glad you made it over! Maybe our paths will cross while we are there. Maybe we could have a mini dis meet...Erika are you interested? We'll have to compare our plans and see. I love meeting people from the dis! Just ask KYcruisecrazy! We met almost 6 yrs ago on the Disney Magic!:banana:

I'd love to meet up! I met around 6 DISers last year. 2 I planned to meet with and the others I just ran into. All people I met on the July 2009 board. It was really fun.

Your plans look great!

That would be awesome! We'll make arrangements closer to time when we all have truly confirmed our plans!

mdrob - Yes those are our actual birthdays! Celebrating in Disney is the best! I can tell you about Cape May. We actually had breakfast there last year on the way out as well. It is ok. I have never done the dinner so can't talk about it. The food was ok, but I feel that other buffets/character meals had more selection. What we did like about it was it was slow and the characters did spend a little more time at the table with the kids. All in all we were pleased but it doesn't rate as one of our top favorites. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer.

Well I'm going to try to finish watching American Idol. :happytv: I need to have an early to bed night tonight. Stayed out too late last night but had a great time with a friend.

That would be awesome! We'll make arrangements closer to time when we all have truly confirmed our plans!

mdrob - Yes those are our actual birthdays! Celebrating in Disney is the best! I can tell you about Cape May. We actually had breakfast there last year on the way out as well. It is ok. I have never done the dinner so can't talk about it. The food was ok, but I feel that other buffets/character meals had more selection. What we did like about it was it was slow and the characters did spend a little more time at the table with the kids. All in all we were pleased but it doesn't rate as one of our top favorites. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer.

Well I'm going to try to finish watching American Idol. :happytv: I need to have an early to bed night tonight. Stayed out too late last night but had a great time with a friend.

Yes, we'll definitely cross paths, I'm sure! Hey, are you part of our Official July 2010 thread? I can't remember if I've seen you there or not but please join! We've got a loooooong list of July goers plus a list of everyone's ADRs so we can see if we'll be eating at the same time/place as anyone else. That's how I met up with so many DISers last year.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2247684

I'm finishing the 2nd half of Idol right now. Had to tape it so I could watch LOST!

Would love to! I was lucky to meet a Dis friend in 2008. I am going to try to update my plans this week and we can all see if we are going to be in the same park one day!

Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter