Our little thread of BIG changes, the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Happy Canada Day pixiedust:

Krystal Safe travels!

Heather Hey girl!! Yep I am at work...working hard as you can see :lmao: :surfweb: Lovely pic! :hug:

The Zoo and Magic House saved me on our cross country move!!! We found out the day we were leaving Cali DH had to report in 6 days instead of 15 so we drove to his folks, spent 2 days, then drove to my father's outside STL and DH flew from there to training. I spent a week in STL visiting family but had to entertain DD (almost 4 at the time). We did the zoo twice and spent hours at Magic House! (followed by Ted Drewes, of course!)

:cool1: for Ted Drewes!! We live just down the street from one. We like to walk after dinner with DD and it's just awesome. My favorite is their mint chocolate oreo concrete.

Anyway -- it's 12:30 am and I've been battling a horrendous summer cold for the past day. I'm afraid its headed for my chest as its feeling quite heavy and I have a nasty bronchial cough so therefore I cannot sleep. Thank goodness for the DIS and Netflix! I am thankful DH took some vacation days (starting today) to help with DD and try to repair our grill.

Next week is our FP+ day and I am no where near ready. Its funny because for a while there it felt like the trip was light years away and now here it is, JULY and before long we'll be running around like mad people. First and foremost, I need to get better. Being an asthmatic I cannot let things go on for too long.

Hope all is well, and happy 4th of July if I don't "see" you before then! Enjoy your time with friends and family! :wave2:

My endless checking, just in case, paid off!!!! I just booked the Animation resort cars suites with FREE dining today!! Yesterday I was paying rack rate with NO dining!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So excited!!!!!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :hyper: :banana: :love: :jumping1:

Ok, so I think I officially can join this thread if you will have me!?!

We just switched our Aug. trip, to OKW from WL, but man if I could we would be at BCV or BLT. Will probably scour the site until the day we leave, but fat chance it will come available!

There are so many choices, it is so hard to stay happy with one, but with my Mum and Dad coming down for a few days to join us, the 2 bed villa made sense. Really getting excited, is this a sign that I may have made a final decision on a resort? :goodvibes

I'm bogarting this thread too. I just changed us from CBR to AoA Cars Suite. I looked online today and saw they opened up more rooms and decided that the extra space would be nice. Yay FD!! :thumbsup2

Ok, I'm making up my list of my choices for late April next year (actually 2 lists, one with club level choices, and another without) What do you think the odds are on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being forget it, 10 being almost certain) that a bounceback or annual pass discount will be available for any club level room (standard view) at any deluxe resort?

(with the exception of the RPC which is a touch out of my range even at 35percent off)

As for the bounce back offer i'll be in OKW in October, and would be returning end of April.

Ok, I'm making up my list of my choices for late April next year (actually 2 lists, one with club level choices, and another without) What do you think the odds are on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being forget it, 10 being almost certain) that a bounceback or annual pass discount will be available for any club level room (standard view) at any deluxe resort?

(with the exception of the RPC which is a touch out of my range even at 35percent off)

As for the bounce back offer i'll be in OKW in October, and would be returning end of April.
I've only booked CL with a discount so no worries there!!pixiedust:

My endless checking, just in case, paid off!!!! I just booked the Animation resort cars suites with FREE dining today!! Yesterday I was paying rack rate with NO dining!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So excited!!!!!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :hyper: :banana: :love: :jumping1:
:cool1: SWEET!!! Awesome news!

We just switched our Aug. trip, to OKW from WL, but man if I could we would be at BCV or BLT. Will probably scour the site until the day we leave, but fat chance it will come available!

There are so many choices, it is so hard to stay happy with one, but with my Mum and Dad coming down for a few days to join us, the 2 bed villa made sense. Really getting excited, is this a sign that I may have made a final decision on a resort? :goodvibes
:welcome: I did the opposite switch WL to OKW :beach: are you using points? Booked in the villas?? BLT is available for my dates but without a discount:faint: There are MANY choices all FABULOUS :goodvibes

I'm bogarting this thread too. I just changed us from CBR to AoA Cars Suite. I looked online today and saw they opened up more rooms and decided that the extra space would be nice. Yay FD!! :thumbsup2
:welcome: NICE resort change and WOOHOO for FD:thumbsup2

Waving hi to all the new happy and excited new RCers!!:cool1: Congrats to those who have made changes and snagged FD!! :cool1:Wishing those on their way a fabulous trip!!:cool1: And thanks to our Heather for the fab pics!!:cool1:
More please!!!::yes::

Happy Tuesday :wave2:

An early morning pic from Fort Wilderness....:goodvibes

Beautiful picture!!

Wookie....Happy Anniversary!!! :cool1: How many years??!!

Heather

19 years

I love how relaxing your mini-vaca sounds! I hope you all had a blast! And will def come up with some SoG tips!

It really was. I would love to do it more. The only problem is, the floor around the only toilet in the house, the inlaws don't think would hold the weight of my DH. Which means we have to rent a hotel room 20 minutes away. Other than that, it makes for a great weekend.

Dress shopping was good. Found some good options and helped sister 'realize' her vision - she was stressing because she couldn't articulate what she wanted and we were able to get a good visual to pass on. She loves the colors of a peacock and wanted the bridesmaids to wear black dresses and colored shoes, so we played with color swatches and found 5 colors that work together that pull from the peacock colors and it made decorations and flowers for the wedding fall into place. She's on a budget so we plan on using peacock feathers and silk flowers as the decorations.

Black dresses with different colored shoes sounds really cool. We have a peacock that belongs to our next door neighbor, but usually roosts at night in our yard. He is just so beautiful!!

Dec in FL is much drier than summer - still chances of rain but no monsoons from what I remember (we lived in Pensacola and Jax). I know what you mean about guilt for trips... some people around us have made some pointed comments about the fact we're going in Sept and in Dec. I just ignored it but I don't see what business it is of others. As my mom always said "people can afford what they want to afford." Also, we scored some great discounts for both trips making them just a hair more than going on one big trip.

Plus, my friend's hubby hasn't passes his PT test, so there is no need in getting him all grumpy about me going if we end up not going any way. Although, I am totally sure he will pass it this month.

And, wookie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Thank you!! We are going to try and go see a movie this weekend with/ and without the kids. We're going to see Transformers with the boys and I'm hoping to see Deliver Us From Evil without them.

Things were super crazy this weekend but can finally just enjoy some QT now! Friday we all (DDs, DH, ILs) drove up to my folks to make getting to the wedding in Annapolis on Sat easier (30 min drive v. 1.5 hr). It was hectic and crazy but nice to get the folks together (1800 miles limits their interaction). We did both DDs birthdays as a group (gifts and cake) so that DD6 wouldn't feel bad for 'missing' LO's 1st birthday.

Even though it was crazy, I'm glad y'all had a good time.

The wedding was nice. While DH was in school a local family 'adopted' him (since the students can't go home often) and it was for his surrogate sister. I just love any excuse to see DH in his dress uniform and dance, and his folks ended up having a better time than they expected. Only downfall was we got back to my folks' close to midnight and the ILs and DD6 left EARLY the next AM. This is the first time DD6 is away for an extended time (so hard on momma!) but she's already having a blast so it makes it easier. Plus, LO is babbling up a storm since things are a bit quieter.

I love a man in a military dress uniform!!

I had a follow-up for my hip yesterday and signs were good. Still need to touch base in a few months for an MRI but doc was happy with progress. I was able to dance all night at the wedding without much drama so I'm super thrilled - I love dancing and this is the first time in 6 years I could really start to let loose.

I'm glad your hip is doing so well and you were able to let loose on the dance floor.

Today is BM dress shopping round II. Three of the four will be there (as well as bride). I think I found dresses for my DDs on ebay so I'm thrilled those are more affordable and don't mind paying a little more for mine (sister is open but we both like a more expensive one for me).

I hope round II goes as well as round I did.

I can't believe it's July!!! I've been booked for Sept trip for a year! And all those RCers whose trips seemed eons away are here! :eek: *HUGS* to you all and I wish nothing but pixiedust: and :beach:!!!!

I can't believe it's July either. I hate to wish the year away, but I am ready for early December to get here.

:cool1: for Ted Drewes!! We live just down the street from one. We like to walk after dinner with DD and it's just awesome. My favorite is their mint chocolate oreo concrete.

Anyway -- it's 12:30 am and I've been battling a horrendous summer cold for the past day. I'm afraid its headed for my chest as its feeling quite heavy and I have a nasty bronchial cough so therefore I cannot sleep. Thank goodness for the DIS and Netflix! I am thankful DH took some vacation days (starting today) to help with DD and try to repair our grill.

Next week is our FP+ day and I am no where near ready. Its funny because for a while there it felt like the trip was light years away and now here it is, JULY and before long we'll be running around like mad people. First and foremost, I need to get better. Being an asthmatic I cannot let things go on for too long.

Hope all is well, and happy 4th of July if I don't "see" you before then! Enjoy your time with friends and family! :wave2:

I hope you feel better soon!!

:welcome:

:welcome:

Happy Tuesday :wave2:

An early morning pic from Fort Wilderness....:goodvibes

Koh.... Here's a little pixiedust: for safe travels and a fabulous trip!!! Y'all deserve it!!!! Everyone is excited for ya!!!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::rockband:party:

Sue & Jen.... Happy Canada Day!!!! :banana:

Wookie....Happy Anniversary!!! :cool1: How many years??!!

dimn...Did you have a good weekend??

Mouse...Any new clothes, yet??? :teeth:

hallie.... I would totally go with the WL:thumbsup2 JMO, of course ;) Such a beautiful resort. And if the pool is under construction, you can use FW or CR.

princess....GF all the way!!! ::yes:: Love it!!!!

Pas... you working today??

A big :wave: to anyone I missed!!!
Heather

Heather love the early morning pic :laughing: is there any other kind? :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for the Canada Day wishes and Happy July 4thto all of you! :banana:

Hello :wave2:

Hope everyone is doing well on this Thursday morning!

:welcome: to all the new RC peeps!!!

Sue.... happy to 'see' you, friend! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!! School is done, right?!

wookie...:thumbsup2 for 19 years!!!!! What a blessing! Hope you have many more!

hallie.... :banana: for free dining!!!

Pas... Hoping you'll be relaxing soon with no work! Of course I use that term loosely ;) Running a home is work, too :laughing:

piglet...feeling any better?? :goodvibes

dimn, mouse, janet, koh and all the RC peeps :wave:

Heather

Do resort changers bother the CMs on the reservations phone line?

When I call they seem to know about my past trips, when I went and where I stayed. It's kinda creepy. I can just imagine them seeing that you've switched resorts 3 or 4 times and getting testy.

I've already switched my rooms around once but I plan on more changes as I am still very undecided :guilty:

When I call they seem to know about my past trips, when I went and where I stayed. It's kinda creepy. I can just imagine them seeing that you've switched resorts 3 or 4 times and getting testy.

I've already switched my rooms around once but I plan on more changes as I am still very undecided :guilty:

Don't worry about it, it's their job:)

Some people on here have changed a lot more than that too.

I do however feel guilty when I call to change but it's our trip and if a better room opens up at a good rate I book online and call to cancel.

Waving hi to all the new happy and excited new RCers!!:cool1: Congrats to those who have made changes and snagged FD!! :cool1:Wishing those on their way a fabulous trip!!:cool1: And thanks to our Heather for the fab pics!!:cool1:
More please!!!::yes::
:thumbsup2:hug:

Heather love the early morning pic :laughing: is there any other kind? :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for the Canada Day wishes and Happy July 4thto all of you! :banana:
Thank you Sue!!!

Pas... Hoping you'll be relaxing soon with no work! Of course I use that term loosely ;) Running a home is work, too :laughing:
:hug: I'm off today, had an uneventful night at work THE BEST kind of night. Today I will be deciding whether or not to keep my Frozen tickets for DHS :rolleyes: DH said it's not worth it :snooty:

:welcome: They do know..they know all. We joke that we are talked about in the break room. :cool2: I had a CM who was like "Wait I have to count all of your changes" He was laughing the whole time. MOST of the CMs are so nice and pleasant. They understand there are so many great choices, and are happy to help. There are a select few that can be meh...I actually have gotten to know a CM or two and we chat about kids, grandkids...it's all good:goodvibes

Don't worry about it, it's their job:)

Some people on here have changed a lot more than that too.

I do however feel guilty when I call to change but it's our trip and if a better room opens up at a good rate I book online and call to cancel.

Ok Jeanette I might have meant you! ;)

:welcome: I did the opposite switch WL to OKW :beach: are you using points? Booked in the villas?? BLT is available for my dates but without a discount:faint: There are MANY choices all FABULOUS :goodvibes

Thank you!! Also thanks to the others whom welcomed me in! No, we ended up oop, already had WL, and upgraded. Not enough points this year to do an RCI exchange but heck they don't like RC's at all there. :rolleyes1

Yes, a 2bed villa, lots of needed room. BLT would be pixiedust:They keep adding more on too!! DH and I are planning a hop trip sometime, to take more then one in sometime, maybe save on RCing! :rotfl2:

Beautiful!! I wish I had woken up there this morning.

wookie...:thumbsup2 for 19 years!!!!! What a blessing! Hope you have many more!

Heather

Thank you

I don't even worry about it. It's their job. Plus I look at it like I'm helping their job security. The more people that call in, the more they people they need to handle the call volume. We are just helping keep the call volume up. :lmao:

piglet...feeling any better?? :goodvibes
To be honest, not as well as I would like. Unfortunately DD and DH have come down with something similar. :sad2: I think we'll just cancel our plans and stay home. No sense in getting others ill.

Better now than on vacation, right? :confused3

Sooo, things are still tentative (as is the military) but starting to really look like it's going to happen... it's not FB official (need to clear medical screen first), but

~*~ We're going to Japan! ~*~

Should know for sure by September. Looks like DH will do Christmas at Disney and then head off to train and then we'll follow sometime after. EEK! :drive:

for Ted Drewes!! We live just down the street from one. We like to walk after dinner with DD and it's just awesome. My favorite is their mint chocolate oreo concrete.

*HUGS* I hope you're feeling better. I hate summer colds -- I have such temperature swings as is! And as a fellow asthmatic, I feel you!!! :grouphug:

So excited!!!!!!!!

I was all set to reply about rooms and bunks and then read this! WOOHOO!!!!:cheer2:

There are so many choices, it is so hard to stay happy with one, but with my Mum and Dad coming down for a few days to join us, the 2 bed villa made sense. Really getting excited, is this a sign that I may have made a final decision on a resort?

Final is but a dream here -- but it's always fun to think!!! :upsidedow I believe we have had one or two changers do it on the day of arrival! :beach:

I'm bogarting this thread too. I just changed us from CBR to AoA Cars Suite. I looked online today and saw they opened up more rooms and decided that the extra space would be nice. Yay FD!!

:yay: FD dance!!! :yay:

Lists are so helpful!!! I still have a short list for Sept.. just in case! I keep trying to convince DH if we find out we're moving we should OOMPH up the trip. Maybe a few nights CR TPV??? :scratchin

Beautiful picture!!
19 years
It really was. I would love to do it more. The only problem is, the floor around the only toilet in the house, the inlaws don't think would hold the weight of my DH. Which means we have to rent a hotel room 20 minutes away. Other than that, it makes for a great weekend.
Black dresses with different colored shoes sounds really cool. We have a peacock that belongs to our next door neighbor, but usually roosts at night in our yard. He is just so beautiful!!
Plus, my friend's hubby hasn't passes his PT test, so there is no need in getting him all grumpy about me going if we end up not going any way. Although, I am totally sure he will pass it this month.
I love a man in a military dress uniform!!
I'm glad your hip is doing so well and you were able to let loose on the dance floor.

I know what you mean about the hotel situation - we had family reunions in KY with 80 family members which was nice... but the lodge was 15 miles away from outside food/entertainment. Love the family time but HAD to escape a bit.

I am hoping the wedding color scheme turns out well. She's a bit aloof and the groom's sisters are sort of running things so I am trying to make sure sister's views are being met. She is not the planner so it's also a matter of laying out what's necessary. We'll see how it works! Does your neighbor's peacock call? We had them at the base in California and it was so loud sometimes!!!

I LOOOOVE when DH has to gussy up!!! Drives him crazy (both the uniform and the billions of pictures I take). It was nice to finally have a night to let loose, too! *FINGERS CROSSED* for your friend's husband's PRT! Hope it goes well!!!

Hope everyone is doing well on this Thursday morning!

dimn, mouse, janet, koh and all the RC peeps :wave:

Heather

:wave2: Hope all is well and LOVE the pics!! :flower3:

No stress -- I've changed a change while still on the phone! I believe there are also stories of changers 'breaking' reservations... almost like it changed so much it sort of imploded. :crazy2:

I'm so hoping they decide to hold over the Frozen summer stuff at HS for another two weeks! DD would love it!

This potential for orders to Japan has me obsessing about something other than Disney! I haven't even thought of a change for, like, 2 hours! :rotfl: I won't lie, I've scoped Tokyo Disney and HK... DH thinks we could knock out 4 of 5 in the same year (with a quick trip to DL when we fly back to visit family). :rolleyes1

Hope everyone has an amazing 4th! DH's natural disaster magnet is in full force so we're preparing for some winds and rain from Arthur. This will make the *thinks* 5th tropical system we've endured since moving to the East Coast 3 years ago, DH's 20th overall. I feel like I should bake him a cake to celebrate!

:grouphug: to all! Kohl - hope you're having fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter