Our little thread of BIG changes, the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Sooo, things are still tentative (as is the military) but starting to really look like it's going to happen... it's not FB official (need to clear medical screen first), but

~*~ We're going to Japan! ~*~

Should know for sure by September. Looks like DH will do Christmas at Disney and then head off to train and then we'll follow sometime after. EEK! :drive:

This potential for orders to Japan has me obsessing about something other than Disney! I haven't even thought of a change for, like, 2 hours! :rotfl: I won't lie, I've scoped Tokyo Disney and HK... DH thinks we could knock out 4 of 5 in the same year (with a quick trip to DL when we fly back to visit family). :rolleyes1

Hope everyone has an amazing 4th! DH's natural disaster magnet is in full force so we're preparing for some winds and rain from Arthur. This will make the *thinks* 5th tropical system we've endured since moving to the East Coast 3 years ago, DH's 20th overall. I feel like I should bake him a cake to celebrate!

:grouphug: to all! Kohl - hope you're having fun!

Wow!!! That's awesome, Tokyo Disneyland is supposed to be AMAZING!!! Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!

Sooo, things are still tentative (as is the military) but starting to really look like it's going to happen... it's not FB official (need to clear medical screen first), but

~*~ We're going to Japan! ~*~

Should know for sure by September. Looks like DH will do Christmas at Disney and then head off to train and then we'll follow sometime after. EEK! :drive:
WOW! Was this an expected move or something totally out of the blue? How exciting though! What a great opportunity for you and your family! :goodvibes

We are booked at WL during the pool refurb. Reports of potential jack hammers plus potential for construction walls and general lack of peace are getting us down. One person called Disney and was offered a discount at WL or a change to GF for half the cost of the price difference.

Considering trying the same to switch to GF. What would you do?

Wow!!! That's awesome, Tokyo Disneyland is supposed to be AMAZING!!! Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!

I am dying to see Disney in other countries! I would love to ride Tokyo's version of ToT and I hear HK Disney has some amazing unique rides. Plus, US in Japan has a lot of the new Harry Potter stuff!!!

WOW! Was this an expected move or something totally out of the blue? How exciting though! What a great opportunity for you and your family! :goodvibes

Somewhat expected - we are coming up on orders and we had hoped to do one more big move while the girls are young... DD6 has been in MD for 3 years and if we stayed another 3 it would be that much harder to move down the road. Plus, this way we can come back stateside just before middle school and when LO starts kindergarten.

We had been hoping for Japan, just a different location... but DH was offered an opportunity too great to refuse so we're working on making it happen. Nervous and excited but ready for something new!!! Glad I'm getting my WDW time in... Dis in the Far East is $$$ so we will be doing super budgeted trips when/if we go. DH wants to do a cruise when we get back, though!!!

We are booked at WL during the pool refurb. Reports of potential jack hammers plus potential for construction walls and general lack of peace are getting us down. One person called Disney and was offered a discount at WL or a change to GF for half the cost of the price difference.

Considering trying the same to switch to GF. What would you do?

I think a lot depends on what you might be offered. Depending on when you are going, there might not be a lot available for you to be offered. We debated switching from WL to another resort but since we have pool time already set aside in our plans we can hop to CR or FW.

Honestly, I would call and see if there is even an option available before debating whether to do it or not -- with Poly and WL under construction, you may find your only option is to downgrade to a Mod and lose the proximity to MK.

I am dying to see Disney in other countries! I would love to ride Tokyo's version of ToT and I hear HK Disney has some amazing unique rides. Plus, US in Japan has a lot of the new Harry Potter stuff!!! Somewhat expected - we are coming up on orders and we had hoped to do one more big move while the girls are young... DD6 has been in MD for 3 years and if we stayed another 3 it would be that much harder to move down the road. Plus, this way we can come back stateside just before middle school and when LO starts kindergarten. We had been hoping for Japan, just a different location... but DH was offered an opportunity too great to refuse so we're working on making it happen. Nervous and excited but ready for something new!!! Glad I'm getting my WDW time in... Dis in the Far East is $$$ so we will be doing super budgeted trips when/if we go. DH wants to do a cruise when we get back, though!!! I think a lot depends on what you might be offered. Depending on when you are going, there might not be a lot available for you to be offered. We debated switching from WL to another resort but since we have pool time already set aside in our plans we can hop to CR or FW. Honestly, I would call and see if there is even an option available before debating whether to do it or not -- with Poly and WL under construction, you may find your only option is to downgrade to a Mod and lose the proximity to MK.

Thanks for the input. I called today and, after a bit of polite explanation of my concerns, I was offered Beach Club Garden View for the same price as our WL package. Since we love EPCOT too, I took it. I hope to go to WL next year when the work is done.

Hello :wave2:

Hope everyone is doing well on this Thursday morning!

Sue.... happy to 'see' you, friend! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!! School is out right?

Great pic Heather! Yup school is done. A little sooner then expected. Teachers here went on full strike 6/17. No signs of settlement yet. It's not looking good. Leaving for Florida in early August. Busy around here. Just had new roof on house & garage. Blew my front tire going thru car wash :rolleyes2 so had to get 2 new front tires. When they took tires off said I needed new breaks on all wheels, ugh!! How long till you have to go back?
Love this pic of GF, can't wait to get there!!

Don't worry about it, it's their job:)

Some people on here have changed a lot more than that too.

I do however feel guilty when I call to change but it's our trip and if a better room opens up at a good rate I book online and call to cancel.
Absolutely!

Ok Jeanette I might have meant you! ;)
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks for the input. I called today and, after a bit of polite explanation of my concerns, I was offered Beach Club Garden View for the same price as our WL package. Since we love EPCOT too, I took it. I hope to go to WL next year when the work is done.
:thumbsup2 BC is great!

Good afternoon!!

How is everyone? Any new changes? Lots of us have trips coming up! Very exciting! :)

Hope all is well with each of you!

While I'm making up my list (or two) I was wondering about something. I will be there in October at OKW and renting points, hopefully will be able to book a bounceback offer for my trip in April. Is a bounceback offer always a discount off the price of the hotel? or will the possibly say its free dining or something like that instead of a discount? In all my times of going to Disney I've never booked a bounceback offer or anything similar.
On the plus side, I have just about sorted my lists for where I'd like to stay. Of course, it will probably change here and there depending lol

While I'm making up my list (or two) I was wondering about something. I will be there in October at OKW and renting points, hopefully will be able to book a bounceback offer for my trip in April. Is a bounceback offer always a discount off the price of the hotel? or will the possibly say its free dining or something like that instead of a discount? In all my times of going to Disney I've never booked a bounceback offer or anything similar.
On the plus side, I have just about sorted my lists for where I'd like to stay. Of course, it will probably change here and there depending lol

I know when we were there in November, the bounce back was a room only offer with many dates and it had just changed. Friends who were there in Seotember were able to book a bounce back that was free dining for the same timeframe the following September.
By the way the new RC thread is up...."As the Ticker Turns..." Come join us over there!

Link to new RC thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3299133
My apologies....Jen was looking out. There has been FD bouncebacks as well as RO discounts!!

Made my first ever resort change today! :cool1: Sort of. Several months ago I reserved WL for early November, hoping for fall discount rates. When the rates were released, nothing for WL. I found going through Travelocity would save me $300, however. I usually like to stick with Disney reservations, to ensure everything goes smoothly, but it was $300. So, WL reservation number two was purchased. Today I called DW and had the original Disney WL reservation switched to BC for February, then linked the Travelocity reservation in MDE. Thankfully, it went smoothly, and all of my many dining reservations remained after the transition.:yay: Just the MBs had to be adjusted.

Made my first ever resort change today! :cool1: Sort of. Several months ago I reserved WL for early November, hoping for fall discount rates. When the rates were released, nothing for WL. I found going through Travelocity would save me $300, however. I usually like to stick with Disney reservations, to ensure everything goes smoothly, but it was $300. So, WL reservation number two was purchased. Today I called DW and had the original Disney WL reservation switched to BC for February, then linked the Travelocity reservation in MDE. Thankfully, it went smoothly, and all of my many dining reservations remained after the transition.:yay: Just the MBs had to be adjusted.

Well not only did you resort change but you need to thread change too!:rotfl:

Here is the newer version:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3299133&page=24

I have not had any issues with travelocity, cheaptickets or orbitz.

Happiness is being happy with the latest change:thumbsup2

Hopefully you know I am playing with you and not snarky! It's easy to grab an old thread. I have done it myself more than once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter