Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Every day I run home to look in my mailbox and still nothing from Disney. :confused3 We sent them our contract and deposit three weeks ago, so just waiting for the next thing from them, whatever that is. I think it will be the packet with our save the date info? If I don't get something by the end of this week I will call them.

They are kinda slow aren't they?? It's definatly the whole company! I know many DL brides that wait and wait!!! Did you get your box with the CD and stuff?? I can't remember if that came before or after the contract was sent. I would just call them now.

Let me know if your guests get hotel info with their STD. Mine didn't but I know other bride's where their guests did and I suppose I'm a bit miffed. Probably because of my puny guest list! :lmao: They said they changed their policy but...

They are kinda slow aren't they?? It's definatly the whole company! I know many DL brides that wait and wait!!! Did you get your box with the CD and stuff?? I can't remember if that came before or after the contract was sent. I would just call them now.

Let me know if your guests get hotel info with their STD. Mine didn't but I know other bride's where their guests did and I suppose I'm a bit miffed. Probably because of my puny guest list! :lmao: They said they changed their policy but...

There's a box with a cd and stuff? I have not received that. I will wait until the end of this week and then I will shoot my coordinator an email. I haven't gotten anything since the contract, no letter saying this is officially your planner or anything. I just got an email from my coordinator letting me know they had received our contract and credit card authorization.

I got this e-mail today! Joy! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hello Michael and Luis,

Best Wishes on your upcoming Wedding! We are forwarding you the guest list template for you to use; please forward it to Kelly upon completion.

Your planning kit is going out in today's mail via UPS so please look for it to arrive very soon. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you,
Michelle

I got this e-mail today! Joy! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hello Michael and Luis,

Best Wishes on your upcoming Wedding! We are forwarding you the guest list template for you to use; please forward it to Kelly upon completion.

Your planning kit is going out in today's mail via UPS so please look for it to arrive very soon. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you,
Michelle

Very cool! It's getting exciting now, isn't it?

There's a box with a cd and stuff? I have not received that. I will wait until the end of this week and then I will shoot my coordinator an email. I haven't gotten anything since the contract, no letter saying this is officially your planner or anything. I just got an email from my coordinator letting me know they had received our contract and credit card authorization.

I didn't get notification who our planner was either. My planner just casually mentioned it one e-mail. How exciting for the ball to be rolling!!! :banana: It goes so fast! I can't believe how fast it goes sometimes!!

Well I received my planning packet yesterday. It had a packet to fill out with some questions about what we want for our wedding, some sample menus we had already received, a sample save the date letter, a whole lot of fliers from vendors, and a few Disney freebies!

It's funny how excited I am to receive a few items of Disney swag! For a moment you think, "Awesome! Free Stuff!" And then you remember how much money you are giving them :rotfl:

So I got these pens which I love, and one side of me likes having the pair cuz they're really cute, and part of me thinks they should have sent two groom pens. Well I guess I could always take the veil off the white one and move the bow down to the bottom, and then I'd have a white groom and a black groom. Maybe I want to wear a white tux? I'm tall enough where I wouldn't look like tattoo from Fantasy Island.

WeddingPens.jpg

And we also got this pin. Which they only sent one of. What if we were both pin collectors? Granted neither of us have pin collections, but my friend did give me a mad hatter pin for my birthday, and now I have this one, so I might be on my way to becoming a pin collecting geek . . .

WeddingPin.jpg

:lmao:

We DID get two groom pens with our contract!

It must be cuz we're so much more butch than you are, Louie. :rotfl2:

And we didn't get the pin, but we did get luggage tags.

So giddy I could giggle.
HelloKittyonhorse.gif

:lovestruc Love your life!:lovestruc

It's funny how excited I am to receive a few items of Disney swag! For a moment you think, "Awesome! Free Stuff!" And then you remember how much money you are giving them :rotfl:

I thought the same thing too!!! I was yes! FREE PENS!! Then I dropped my pen and it broke! :sad2: I still have it in my bathroom to look at as I get ready though. I was excited about the pin though. I don't trade but DF and I always get one for each other on our trips to DL. We don't go as often as you so we only have like 5 each.

Welcome to the special magic Zone!
strawberryshortcake3.gif

Happiness love and magic abound here!

Congratulations on your packet!

I remember how excited we all were to play bride and groom with Val and Dan's pens until we broke one. :rolleyes1

And to be actually able to see all the foods available, we spent days staring at all of the yummy menu choices!

I can't wait to see what you choose for your menu!

adorable pens. :love:
I do think u should wear white, Im a wedding photog and often do same sex unions and the black white couple pix are lovely!!! Looking forward to hearing more plans...........!:lovestruc

Alright I have been reading the things I have missed in your PJ and I have to say that I am jealous. When I got my package I got crap! I didn't get any pens or pins. I should have got married in Disneyland. :sad2:

They are really cute though!!! Happy you got your planner! Now you can really get to planning!!! :cutie:

Ha, well, I know I have not posted any updates in a while, but there's not a lot going on right now.

frankly I've been loving my blog because I feel like I can just go off on as many tangents and keep more like a diary.

We are actually looking at possibly having a videographer. And I know a lot of people say they are cheesy and boring, and for the most part they are, but I've really been into the 8mm videos I have seen. The only problem is that the company I really like is muy pricey :scared1:

If I had children I could sell a Mexican baby to Angelina Jolie.

I just read your blog and I have to say that I am loving the purple idea! I think purple with the green would be fabulous! I love the flowers that were in the pictures. Very sophisticated. I can't wait to hear what happened with your floral meeting. You must post details!!! Remember, purple is the color of royalty which is why its my favorite color! :rotfl: You wouldn't know that though from looking at my PJ but purple didn't go with the decor of the Attic so I had to compromise to acheive my shabby chic theme. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter