Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last night we attended a same sex wedding expo and had a really good time. It's good to know that there's people out there vying for our gay wedding dollars :thumbsup2

Speaking of wedding dollars, I don't know if you all knew this, but apparently by sticking the word "wedding" in front of something you get to raise the price 20%.

example:

Paper Clips = $1.00
Wedding Paper Clips = $1.20

No lie. Well one of the things we like most while we were there was this version of the Mad Hatter Cake. It looks a little more whimsical than the Disney version. We liked the topper effect, the colors, and the sharper edges. It gives a more distinguished look. So now our question is pink center layer, or blue center layer. Lets take a poll!

America, you decide.

RossmoorVersion_web.jpg
RossmoorVersion_blue_web.jpg

Blue - turquoise

Pink shade is too pastel for the rest of the color -
not balanced chroma wise.

Now if they could make that pink an bit more high key?...

I like the blue too..but I'll say pink just to disagree with Mr. Wally.

Speaking as someone who loves to bake...does this cake taste good? It looks like an awful lot of fondant and sometimes I find that to be cloyingly sweet.

I like the overall effect of the blue, because the pink is too pastel.

About the fondant....................if you are doing a big catered wedding, a lot of times the happy couple will do the ceremonial slicing and feeding, then the caterer will take the cake into the kitchen and slice and plate. Often times they will peel off the fondant before slicing and serving so no one gets any of it. If they do leave it, most people won't eat more than a taste, it's not icing for sure.

I like being involved in this happiest of occasions, thanks Louie.

About the fondant....................if you are doing a big catered wedding, a lot of times the happy couple will do the ceremonial slicing and feeding, then the caterer will take the cake into the kitchen and slice and plate. Often times they will peel off the fondant before slicing and serving so no one gets any of it. If they do leave it, most people won't eat more than a taste, it's not icing for sure.

I didn't know this..thanks!

Speaking as someone who loves to bake...does this cake taste good? It looks like an awful lot of fondant and sometimes I find that to be cloyingly sweet.

Everyone goes on about how delicious Disney cakes are. They are fondant, but they have butter cream icing underneath and I think at request Disney will remove the fondant before they serve it. I'm not terribly fond of cloyingly sweet either, in fact most frosting is too sweet for my tastes, when I bake I use more of a whipped topping.

Everyone goes on about how delicious Disney cakes are. They are fondant, but they have butter cream icing underneath and I think at request Disney will remove the fondant before they serve it. I'm not terribly fond of cloyingly sweet either, in fact most frosting is too sweet for my tastes, when I bake I use more of a whipped topping.

Do you wear leather when you do that???

Blue - turquoise

Pink shade is too pastel for the rest of the color -
not balanced chroma wise.

Now if they could make that pink an bit more high key?...

I like the blue one. It's more balanced with the rest of the colors on the cake.

Looks like the blue has it. I like it better myself. Thanks to you Mickeyfan and everyone else. This way we keep things a surprise from our guests, I want them to be wowoed when they see what we've done.

Do you wear leather when you do that???

Yes! In fact I'm wearing leather underwear now and I wish I wasn't because its a little warm here and it makes my buns sweat.

This way we keep things a surprise from our guests, I want them to be wowoed when they see what we've done.

Wait a minute.... Wally, do you think this means that we're not invited??? I knew we didn't have a chance with the other wedding, but I didn't know we weren't invited to this one either.

Wait a minute.... Wally, do you think this means that we're not invited??? I knew we didn't have a chance with the other wedding, but I didn't know we weren't invited to this one either.

I fear Doll - we've made some master list somewhere -
pity really "we're fun at parties" as they say :snooty:

What good is a party without the Blonde Bombshells? We ought to have a party and not invite them to see how they feel! Our party would have tons of booze, dancing (including the chicken dance which was absent at my own wedding), and lots of fun. :banana:

What good is a party without the Blonde Bombshells? We ought to have a party and not invite them to see how they feel! Our party would have tons of booze, dancing (including the chicken dance which was absent at my own wedding), and lots of fun. :banana:

Can I come too? I'm not Blond but I'll do the chicken dance....Clothing on or off...your choice....

Brides get nutz when they fear they'll be upstaged.
They're all me me me!
Go figure? :sad2:

Ok ok, you guys are all invited. My wedding is in two months at the Adventurers Club on Pleasure Island, with reception to follow at the Atlantic Dance Hall.

Ok ok, you guys are all invited. My wedding is in two months at the Adventurers Club on Pleasure Island, with reception to follow at the Atlantic Dance Hall.

Oooh :eek:
Oh my! :scared:
You just want to die ... right?
The Corpse Bride.

Oh Boy! I'm going out right now to buy that push up bra!!! (ya know...tart myself up a bit; after all it's a special occasion.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter