Our 'Ohana is Making a Splash on Safari: Reporting LIVE from...AKL (8/6)

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to share with us. I'm loving it and can hardly wait for my trip!

Need to update that sig with DD being 16 now....

Hope you are having a fun time!

64a9648a.jpg

5d232dc8.jpg

e0575ca7.jpg

These were from CC's at around 7:30 this morning. It wasn't busy at all! And it has pretty much looked like this every time we have gone.

After a quick breakfast at capt cooks we left our room at 8:00. We were through security and the turnstyles, at the rope by 8:23. It was so HOT! After several minutes of standing there we were drenched in sweat. I was thinking this was going to be a very bad day if we were already so blazing hot! Turned out i couldn't have been more wrong. It was a fantastic day in the MK! We did see one tour group which didn't affect our plan at all and here's what we did:
space mountain twice
splash mountain
btmrr
HM
POTC
JC
POOH
PETER PAN
IASW
TTA
COP
Philharmagic
HOP
and saw the parade
In between we enjoyed a leisurely lunch at cosmic rays.
We never waited more than 5 minutes for anything. It was awesome!

We didn't do these things in that order at all but i can't give away my fantastic magical TGM tricks!

Time for dinner at kona.

I'm loving all your updates :goodvibes. The Poly just looks as beautiful as always. I'm glad you had a good time at Chef Mickey and beware of tour groups around fast passes machines. :scared1::scared1: It's funny because they only send one person and that one gets like 100 tickets.

Thanks so much! The bbq pork tacos or the peanut chicken!

You must be so excited right now!!:banana::banana::banana:
Our server at kona tonight told us that the only item from the lunch menu that is available is the hamburger. He said this is because the run out of cold meat? I explained i was interested in hot meat and then he said something about a different chef at lunch and dinner. Sorry, i guess the answer is no.
Awesome live trip report so far!! Love it!
Thanks for the compliment and thanks for reading.

I'm loving all your updates :goodvibes. The Poly just looks as beautiful as always. I'm glad you had a good time at Chef Mickey and beware of tour groups around fast passes machines. :scared1::scared1: It's funny because they only send one person and that one gets like 100 tickets.

Yeah it is as beautiful as always maybe more so. My kids keep remarking that the foliage is better than we've ever seen it and i think they're right.
We think there should be special fp stations for large groups. I know they have just as much right to the system as anyone, but it seems really unfair for someone behind that leader who is getting 100 passes!

Kona cafe was just terrific tonight. We had great service and the food was great. Every dish was yummy. The GCH was hopping tonight! Heading to mk for msep.

I took a break from packing just to check in on your trip report :banana:

Ohhh, I can't wait to be there.....in 4 more days :cool1:

Thanks so much for all the updates!! I love reading about what we have to look forward to!

Thats so awesome your taking time to answer questions and I appreciate you asking about lunch items at Kona for me!!

Wow I cant believe it takes less than 10 min to get to CR from the Poly how COOL is that!

What did you eat at Capt Cooks and Kona that you would recommend?

Also one more question how much was the searaycer for 30 min? We planned on renting for an hr to take advantage of the 1/2 hr free in Sept! I cant wait 41 days tomorrow!

Your MK day gives me hope that we'll have great crowd luck and low wait times for Wednesday!

So excited! We'll be there tomorrow night!! When are y'all checking out?!

I took a break from packing just to check in on your trip report :banana:

Ohhh, I can't wait to be there.....in 4 more days :cool1:
Thanks for reading. Safe travels!
Thanks so much for all the updates!! I love reading about what we have to look forward to!
You're welcome! Thanks for reading!
Thats so awesome your taking time to answer questions and I appreciate you asking about lunch items at Kona for me!!

Wow I cant believe it takes less than 10 min to get to CR from the Poly how COOL is that!

Also one more question how much was the searaycer for 30 min? We planned on renting for an hr to take advantage of the 1/2 hr free in Sept! I cant wait 41 days tomorrow!
Its very cool about the short monorail ride to CR. Its part of what makes staying at a monorail resort so amazing.

We have enjoyed everything at CCs so far except for the breakfast sliders. They were pretty rubbery. Aladdin and i love the yogurt berry parfaits from the fridge but sadly they are not available every day. The clear winner for lunch was the aloha pork sandwich. Im not a big tonga toast fan, it tastes a little oily to me.

The water mice were $32per half hour. Well worth that and we would have loved to go longer. That free half hour is a nice benefit.
Your MK day gives me hope that we'll have great crowd luck and low wait times for Wednesday!

So excited! We'll be there tomorrow night!! When are y'all checking out?!

Wednesday is a good choice. We will be in mk wednesday, too. We check out of the Poly thurs and move over to akl for 4 nights. Safe travels!

:)Wow, I'm loving your TR! We will be arriving Thurs. (OKW) and this is really helping me decide what to pack since it seems the heat is going to continue. Glad you are having a great time and looking forward to more!

Saturday night after dinner at kona we beaded back to mk. Now the monorail was packed at about 7:50 pm. The sky was looking very ominous and i was worried the parades would be canceleed because we really don't have a solid plan b to see it. We would have to really manipulate the schedule quite a bit to fit it in another night. I asked a CM if he thought it was going to rain on our parade. He said no and even if it did, the parade is almost never cancelled. I felt better.

The goal was to see msep and watch nightastic from main street as well as ride some outdoor rides in the dark, especially btmrr and splash. We rode buzz because we had missed it earlier (too long line) and headed through fantasyland to see what dunno and carousel looked like- packed! So we continued through to frontierland and did cbj which my kids have always refused to do before. We laughed our butts off! Now it was almost time for the first parade so we headed to btmrr...closed! The lightening had started. Splash...closed. Announcement parade at 9 pm cancelled! Oh no! Would there be any parade? What about fireworks?

:)Wow, I'm loving your TR! We will be arriving Thurs. (OKW) and this is really helping me decide what to pack since it seems the heat is going to continue. Glad you are qhaving a great time and looking forward to more!
Thank you! Pack bathing suits and misty fans and lots of elastics to tie up long hair. I am laughing at myself for packing a sweater "just in case." I usually get a little chilly in restaurants with AC but not so efar this week. Every day it threatens to pour. Bring ponchos. We haven't used ours yet but many close calls. Happy packing. I love packing for wdw!

P
Sorry the first time i saw this question i didn't realize you had asked about kona, too

I will be doing a full dining report when we return. Everything we tasted at kona was delicious. We had the pot stickers, sticky wings and a volcano roll to start, i liked the volcano roll the best, and then we had a teriyaki strip, a pork chop, a pan asian noodles and a tuna oscar. I would say of our entrees the pork chop was the winner followed closely by the steak. The tuna oscar was a little disappointing not that it was bad, but not what i expected from all the raves about it. The desserts were great. Because of our celebration, we got a free order of koko puffs which are no longer on the menu but they can still be ordered, these were puff pastries filled with chocolate cream topped win chantilly icing and whipped cream. We also tried a few items from the menu which were great, banana creme brulee, kiluea forte, white chocolate cheese cake and kiki tart. We brought most o the desserts back to he room because we were way too full! Wonderful meal all around. We'd go for lunch too but time and waist bands wont allow on this trip.

So by around 9:15 when as exited the splash mtn area, all the indoor rides had really long lines since all the outdoor rides were closed. Some people were leaving the park so we decided to find a spot on main street and wait it out. There continued to be lots o lightning but no rain. At 10 the fireworks went off. That show is amazing! It was better from here than the poly, even. For the best view of this show, try to stand at the south end of the hub, just north of Casey's. You will be able to see the details on the castle as well as the periferal fireworks. Just magnificent! The only disappointment was that tink didn't fly, i guess because of the lightning. Tink is the hero of this show, you know, her flight is pretty important!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter