Our 'Ohana is Making a Splash on Safari: Reporting LIVE from...AKL (8/6)

Ok im in a better mood now guys. Here's my drawing:
fdd41c96.jpg

What were the odds?! Soon leaving this park for a break. First muppets.

How perfect!!!! Aren't you glad you just missed the class right before you? And you did a fab job! :thumbsup2

Ok im in a better mood now guys. Here's my drawing:
fdd41c96.jpg

What were the odds?! Soon leaving this park for a break. First muppets.

What a great job! This is a must for us on this trip. We have been countless times to the world, but have never taken advantage of the animation class. I was told that you don't even have to do the tour, there is a line you can wait in to just do the class!

I broke down and subscribed to TGM yesterday. I was disheartened to find that one of the parks I chose for a night was RED but I'm rethinking my strategy now because of his recommendations. So it's good to hear that his predictions were accurate for DHS. How was fantasmic????
Wise choice to subscribe. If you can rearrane your schedule to avoid that red night i highly recommend it, unless you have a very specific goal and stick to that alone and there's no other way. We did mk on a red night last trip but only for the parade and fireworks and as were ok. Fantasmic is tonight at 9 and 10:30. I'll report back when we get there. I might have confused you by jumping ahead. I still haven't told you about sunday night and monday.
:lmao:

Please show off your drawing when done. This is our one MUST do for our trip. Missed it last time and my DS9 wants to be an artist when he gets older. :lovestruc

Tsk Tsk! Good to know the avoid was spot on. Wonder how the other parks feel today. Has the advice panned out well otherwise (or so you feel?) We did TGM last trip and this one as well and stick to the rec's so don't know what the parks feel like outside of sticking to the plan. ;)
Yes tgm has been working out great so far. We have seen lots of people but have had very minimal waits for everythin because we know how to manage the crowds. We were only in dhs today because it was the only way to see fantasmic which was a priority for belle and hercules. All o our other park days and nights are green. Today was our only yellow. If you could find me a green fantasmic i would take it!
They absolutely should have had a crowd management plan in place, especially given central FL is the lightning capital of the US! I'm sure it's not the 1st time it's happened and even outside of lightning I've read of several monorail issues lately. Considering Disney averages 40k visitors per DAY they should be a machine when it comes to crowd management and people movement, it's pretty sad to hear they failed in this area.
Yup! Exactly!

How perfect!!!! Aren't you glad you just missed the class right before you? And you did a fab job! :thumbsup2
Yes glad we missed the first class and thank you!
What a great job! This is a must for us on this trip. We have been countless times to the world, but have never taken advantage of the animation class. I was told that you don't even have to do the tour, there is a line you can wait in to just do the class!

It was one our few musts in dhs and our first time too. It was awesome! We did skip the regular line. Stay to your right where it says character meet and it takes you right there.

I just heard that Via Napoli at EPCOT is having its soft opening right now. Did you happen to notice? If so, did you get a pic of the menu or will you be in EPCOT to snap one?

I just heard that Via Napoli at EPCOT is having its soft opening right now. Did you happen to notice? If so, did you get a pic of the menu or will you be in EPCOT to snap one?
Yes we were in epcot monday and i noticed via napoli is opened. It has great curb appeal and makes that plaza in italy look very inviting. Since pizza is one of the few foods Aladdin won't touch on vacation i didn't make a fuss about it. We will be back there saturday (change in plans, we were going to do another dhs day but decided we'd rather have more time in epcot). If it is still open, i'll snap a few shots of the menu for you.

So we left dhs around 2 and took the ttc bus since it was there. If we had taken the poly bus we would have had to wait and then make a stop at CR. We were back at the ttc by 2:11 and in our room by 2:20. I decided to do some laundry so i did that jwith some help from herd and belle. The machines worked fine and cost $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry. A one-load box of detergent was $1.00. We swam in a crowded volcano pool for a little while and then went down to dinner at 'Ohana, which was wonderful. Service was fine we weren't at all rushed, which is how we like it, then headed back to dhs for some ToT and fantasmic! F was SRO for both shows! We loved it though so it was worth it. We lined up for the second show at 10pm and were able to get seats really far from the exit so we stood instead to make a quick getaway. We were back in the room by 11:40. Night night!

Editing to clarify that the first fantasmic was closed completely full. I said SRO but I don't want to confuse you. Im not sure at what time they stopped letting people in but it was about 8:30 when we walked past there and heard one cm say standing room and the next say we're full come back at 10:00 for the 10:30 show. So it was probably around that time they stopped letting people in.

I have strayed a few times from TGM recommendations and always kind of regret it, doing it again this trip for TSM. :rolleyes1 Love my TGM:love:

Love that you got eeyore!!!! and that is great you got on TSM a few times, and good work to Alladin for keeping ahead of the Brazillian Tour Guide:thumbsup2

Yes we were in epcot monday and i noticed via napoli is opened. It has great curb appeal and makes that plaza in italy look very inviting. Since pizza is one of the few foods Aladdin won't touch on vacation i didn't make a fuss about it. We will be back there saturday (change in plans, we were going to do another dhs day but decided we'd rather have more time in epcot). If it is still open, i'll snap a few shots of the menu for you.

Thanks, we're looking forward to seeing the new addition along with Hacienda at Mexico. When we were there in June, everything was secreted away behind Disney walls.

I
I have strayed a few times from TGM recommendations and always kind of regret it, doing it again this trip for TSM. :rolleyes1 Love my TGM:love:

Love that you got eeyore!!!! and that is great you got on TSM a few times, and good work to Alladin for keeping ahead of the Brazillian Tour Guide:thumbsup2

Yes TGM is fabulous. Sometimes it is necessary to stray depending on your priorities. I would say that on a short trip we might have skipped fantasmic and the yellow park. But since we had some time this trip we decided to fit it in, knowing the conditions would not be ideal. It was worth it to us.

At rope drop in mk now. We caught the monorail at 8 and by 8:10 we were through security and amongst the first at the rope. Today we are riding Dumbo before it changes forever! And lunch at CRT with a little surprise for Belle that security almost ruined!

Thanks, we're looking forward to seeing the new addition along with Hacienda at Mexico. When we were there in June, everything was secreted away behind Disney walls.

You are welcome! Hacienda still walled off. We are looking forward to trying la cava on saturday!

Are you kidding me Dumbo is leaving??? Crap my DH and I had plans to be silly and ride it together and take pics! I have pics of my DM and I on it when I was 4..Almost 32 yrs ago! LOL!

I sure hope Hacienda San Angel and the CS (not the temp one) will be open while we are there I was really really hoping to try them both! Or atleast the CS!

Are you kidding me Dumbo is leaving??? Crap my DH and I had plans to be silly and ride it together and take pics! I have pics of my DM and I on it when I was 4..Almost 32 yrs ago! LOL!

I sure hope Hacienda San Angel and the CS (not the temp one) will be open while we are there I was really really hoping to try them both! Or atleast the CS!

No, Dumbo is not leaving, but the new plans call for an additional Dumbo in the area. . .we're over the Dumbo stage in our family so I really didn't pay too close attention to the Dumbo area rehab details.

Hacienda, according to the Restaurant Board, is still on schedule of a "Fall 2010" opening. . .exact date unknown. We've been calling periodically to see if there are any ADRs open for it in October. Nothing yet.

At rope drop in mk now. We caught the monorail at 8 and by 8:10 we were through security and amongst the first at the rope. Today we are riding Dumbo before it changes forever! And lunch at CRT with a little surprise for Belle that security almost ruined!

Surprise??? Can't wait to hear!

You are very sweet to post all this for us. Thanks for making memories for us to read!

Subbing!!! This live report has been great...We leave in 30 days and staying at CR fro 8 nights I plan on doing a live report also...Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter