Our September 2011 Pre-Trip Adventure!! (Update 09/29/2011 - Link to TR!)

I'm subbing in :wave2: I'm most likely not going to do a Sept PTR, so now that I know you're going in Sept, I'll just follow along with yours.

So far your plans look good. I subscribe to Touring Plans, and for my dates (Sept 21-25th) the parks are suposed to be at 1's :yay: For LOW CROWDS!

I liked MSEP, and for that matter all of the parades! Your DHS rope drop plan is right on. We rode first got FP's right after. We got 4 rides in in 2 days!

We did a Fantasmic ADR, I just didn't want to stand in line with the kiddos, but If your fine with waiting just make sure to get in line early.

I'm glad you introduced your pants, WDW had a dress code about things like that:lmao:

Carey

I'm subbing in :wave2: I'm most likely not going to do a Sept PTR, so now that I know you're going in Sept, I'll just follow along with yours.

So far your plans look good. I subscribe to Touring Plans, and for my dates (Sept 21-25th) the parks are suposed to be at 1's :yay: For LOW CROWDS!

I liked MSEP, and for that matter all of the parades! Your DHS rope drop plan is right on. We rode first got FP's right after. We got 4 rides in in 2 days!

We did a Fantasmic ADR, I just didn't want to stand in line with the kiddos, but If your fine with waiting just make sure to get in line early.

I'm glad you introduced your pants, WDW had a dress code about things like that:lmao:

Carey

:welcome: Carey thanks for subbing!! Hope you change your mind about doing a Sept PTR (would love to hear how you get on with keeping the surprise) but if not I'd love for you to just follow mine along :thumbsup2

I'm so glad my first trip will be whilst crowds are at a low count - don't think I could handle it during busy season :lmao:

Def glad I changed my plans around to fit in MSEP - hope we enjoy the parades as much as you all did. I'd take 4 rides in 2 days (or maybe 6 or 8 :laughing:).

Think we are going to do the whole waiting thing as it is just the two of us this time and we should be able to get there early. I don't blame you for not wanting to stand in line with the kiddos - would probably not have been a great experience!

Well in that case I'm also glad I introduced the pants...don't want to be kicked out before we even get to experience the parks :rotfl:

Today will be our second day at Epcot!! :woohoo:

However there is something that we will be doing before arriving at Epcot which excites me even more lol!! We will be heading to Captain Cooks to get the famous Tonga Toast for breakfast!

resized_tonga_toast_3_cr.jpg

After our tasty breakfast we will head to Epcot to ride Test Track. I think this is a ride both of us will enjoy so have factored it into our plans quite a few times. As there are evening EMHs at Epcot we will be returning for some other attractions later.

We will head to Innoventions East next to experience Don't Waste It and Sum of All Thrills (think only I will be riding this one!)

imagesqtbnANd9GcQM2D3tadkjggGNMkUG33943qj5MLOQsXVvidqqgWj6ngcJS55dAw-1.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcS5QLLZejMJfMymFA9RNyxzjT57MzLbDfSNURT4dTPD2KXPQKpKEQ.jpg

In Innoventions West we will be attempting to ride a Segway - am hoping I will stay on one for long enough with my rubbish balancing skills! :laughing: We will also have a go at The Piggy Bank Adventure.

Our next stop will be Club Cool, where I am going to try my best to trick Zaheer into trying Beverley - I know I'm mean :lmao: Will I be able to keep a straight face without letting on how bad the drink actually is?? I sure hope so.

We will check the line at The Character Spot but may return during EMHs if the line is too long. After stopping to watch Jammitors we will head to World Showcase.

imagesqtbnANd9GcS_uJNxwmMjx0uODZmus6THgtvAHZz3bBmNo9ZWm6aPoL3x_iS2t1.jpg

Our stomachs will probably be calling for food at this stage so we will have to oblige and get the following

DSCN1340.jpg
cantina3-1-1.jpg

We will then head to Italy, where I will be browsing the shops. I have studied Italian in the past (though I have forgotten most of it) so am looking forward to meeting people who can speak the language. We will also stop to see Sergio, who I have heard is very entertaining!

2965036458_413c43e05f-1.jpg

Our next shopping trip will take place at Morocco. This will be a quick stop where I will be looking for a gift for my mum. We will be finishing our world tour in France by watching Impressions de France, Serveur Amusant and getting some snacks from Boulangerie Patisserie popcorn::

After a rest at Pop we will return to have a meal that I am really looking forward to, though don't think Zaheer shares my enthusiasm!! We will be eating at

NO2020-1-1.jpg

I can't wait to meet all the princesses!! :cool1: After this we will be attempting to find a good spot to watch Illuminations!!

IllumiNations_Earth_Globe.jpg

The only things we want to do during EMHs is ride Soarin, Spaceship Earth and visit The Character Spot (if we were unsuccessful earlier).

After this we have a choice of returning to Pop or visiting Boardwalk and having a sing along or two at JellyRolls :mic:

Edit: As our plans have changed there are no EMHs on this evening in Epcot. However there are morning EMHs at Epcot today and we have evening EMHs on our first Epcot day so we will be hoping to get through all the attractions during the two full days!

Coming next: A day full of surprises!

Today will be our second day at Epcot!! :woohoo:

However there is something that we will be doing before arriving at Epcot which excites me even more lol!! We will be heading to Captain Cooks to get the famous Tonga Toast for breakfast!

After our tasty breakfast we will head to Epcot to ride Test Track. I think this is a ride both of us will enjoy so have factored it into our plans quite a few times. As there are evening EMHs at Epcot we will be returning for some other attractions later.

We will head to Innoventions East next to experience Don't Waste It and Sum of All Thrills (think only I will be riding this one!)

In Innoventions West we will be attempting to ride a Segway - am hoping I will stay on one for long enough with my rubbish balancing skills! :laughing: We will also have a go at The Piggy Bank Adventure.

Our next stop will be Club Cool, where I am going to try my best to trick Zaheer into trying Beverley - I know I'm mean :lmao: Will I be able to keep a straight face without letting on how bad the drink actually is?? I sure hope so.

We will check the line at The Character Spot but may return during EMHs if the line is too long. After stopping to watch Jammitors we will head to World Showcase.

Our stomachs will probably be calling for food at this stage so we will have to oblige and get the following

We will then head to Italy, where I will be browsing the shops. I have studied Italian in the past (though I have forgotten most of it) so am looking forward to meeting people who can speak the language. We will also stop to see Sergio, who I have heard is very entertaining!

Our next shopping trip will take place at Morocco. This will be a quick stop where I will be looking for a gift for my mum. We will be finishing our world tour in France by watching Impressions de France, Serveur Amusant and getting some snacks from Boulangerie Patisserie popcorn::

After a rest at Pop we will return to have a meal that I am really looking forward to, though don't think Zaheer shares my enthusiasm!! We will be eating at

I can't wait to meet all the princesses!! :cool1: After this we will be attempting to find a good spot to watch Illuminations!!

The only things we want to do during EMHs is ride Soarin, Spaceship Earth and visit The Character Spot (if we were unsuccessful earlier).

After this we have a choice of returning to Pop or visiting Boardwalk and having a sing along or two at JellyRolls :mic:

Coming next: We leave Disney World for some different kind of magic and more shopping!!

so excited for you! sounds like a great day! I def. agree with spending a lot of time in Epcot...so much to see! I need to visit all of those things in Innoventions! I'm glad im going alone because no one i go with wants to go in there! Also, I never knew those ppl existed! Like the jam guys and the italian guy...never even seen them! hopefully they'll be out whenever I go! so excited for you though! cant wait till september!

Just got caught up on all of your plans and everything looks great so far! :thumbsup2 When do you get to make your ADR's? I have to wait til April 3 and the wait is killing me! :laughing: Although, it's under a month now, so I guess it could be worse!

so excited for you! sounds like a great day! I def. agree with spending a lot of time in Epcot...so much to see! I need to visit all of those things in Innoventions! I'm glad im going alone because no one i go with wants to go in there! Also, I never knew those ppl existed! Like the jam guys and the italian guy...never even seen them! hopefully they'll be out whenever I go! so excited for you though! cant wait till september!

Thank you Brad - :woohoo: this time next week you will be in Disney World!! Bet you can't wait...it must be harder when you know it is so close! Yeah we are looking forward to spending a lot of time in Epcot - innoventions has so much to do. Sometimes solo trips are the best as the only person you have to worry about is yourself and you can do whatever you want - enjoy it!

I found out about all the things happening at Epcot and other parks through Steve Soares - http://wdwent.com/ If you haven't seen it the site is def worth a visit - your week will be up Saturday! Thanks for being excited for my trip in September - can't wait to hear all about yours!!

Just got caught up on all of your plans and everything looks great so far! :thumbsup2 When do you get to make your ADR's? I have to wait til April 3 and the wait is killing me! :laughing: Although, it's under a month now, so I guess it could be worse!

Thanks for catching up! I know how you feel...can't wait to make my ADRs. The official date for me is 20 March but I can make them earlier if I do one day at a time. Have my list ready! Before you know it April 3 will be here though it's not fair when I see people on the Sept thread already making their ADRS! :lmao:

Great day planned!

The Sum of All Thrills is really cool, so I hope you enjoy it.

Going to Captain Cooks for breakfast will be totally worth it! Tonga toast is to die for.

Great day planned!

The Sum of All Thrills is really cool, so I hope you enjoy it.

Going to Captain Cooks for breakfast will be totally worth it! Tonga toast is to die for.

Thank you - am looking forward to The Sum of All Thrills! Am not sure how intense I will make my ride - will see how I feel on the day! I have seen some great designs online.

Having heard soo much about Tonga Toast I will be glad to finally be able to taste one!

Your plans sound great! It's a really good idea to take the time to see all that the World Showcase has to offer. I didn't even know about some of the performers you mentioned! I also didn't realize that Captain Cook's served the Tonga Toast. I knew it was at Kona Cafe...it sounds so yummy, doesn't it? :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Tanz,

I can tell you have definitely done your homework on planning out the trip. If you plan to ride soarin later in the day, you might want to grab FPs after you arrive.

We ate in Akershus in 2009. We met up with some very pretty princesses so perhaps Zaheer will enjoy it more than you think ;)

You can give him an example....
ariel.jpg

MK on the 6th day :scared1: I couldn't wait that long to go to MK, We are going to go on our first full day. I guess that when I think about going to WDW what I imagine is MK. Though maybe going on the 6th day is the right idea because then you will have something to look forward to :thumbsup2.

I picked going in September because I knew that most kids will be in school. Making it easier for me to see as many things as possible :goodvibes.

Edit: I started writing this post before I went to work, and it has been on my computer waiting all day. Posted it and then realised that you had another update. So I am a little out of order :)

Your plans sound great! It's a really good idea to take the time to see all that the World Showcase has to offer. I didn't even know about some of the performers you mentioned! I also didn't realize that Captain Cook's served the Tonga Toast. I knew it was at Kona Cafe...it sounds so yummy, doesn't it? :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Thank you!! We really want to spend a lot of time at Epcot and enjoy all it has to offer - I only found out all the information through these great boards and some other websites (as mentioned earlier). Yeah I am so glad that Captain Cooks serves Tonga Toast as we prob would not want to use a TS credit on breakfast at Kona Cafe - it sure does sound yummy! Hope it lives up to its reputation :laughing: Your plans are coming along nicely - looking forward to reading more of them.

Tanz,

I can tell you have definitely done your homework on planning out the trip. If you plan to ride soarin later in the day, you might want to grab FPs after you arrive.

We ate in Akershus in 2009. We met up with some very pretty princesses so perhaps Zaheer will enjoy it more than you think ;)

You can give him an example....

Thank you - as it will be our first trip and I doubt I will be able to return so soon after it I want to be as prepared as possible. Was thinking about FPs for Soarin but have read somewhere (prob on here!) that they are not accepted during EMHs. Let me know if this information is incorrect.

Thanks for the example - will def show it Zaheer and see if he changes his mind about this place. I have already told him about the pretty princesses that will be at Akershus but don't think he quite believes me :laughing:

MK on the 6th day :scared1: I couldn't wait that long to go to MK, We are going to go on our first full day. I guess that when I think about going to WDW what I imagine is MK. Though maybe going on the 6th day is the right idea because then you will have something to look forward to :thumbsup2.

I picked going in September because I knew that most kids will be in school. Making it easier for me to see as many things as possible :goodvibes.

Edit: I started writing this post before I went to work, and it has been on my computer waiting all day. Posted it and then realised that you had another update. So I am a little out of order :)

Ooh MK on your first day sounds great!! :thumbsup2 We decided we would build our way to the excitement and leave it as the last park to visit!! Am hoping it will work in our favour but we will wait and see...

The reason we picked September was the low crowds and the prices being a bit lower then during other periods - it's a win win situation ;)

No probs - thank you for your comment on what you were able to read :goodvibes

I'm here! I am loving your plans so far! It sounds like it is going to be a great trip! I can't wait to read more! :) popcorn::

Was thinking about FPs for Soarin but have read somewhere (prob on here!) that they are not accepted during EMHs. Let me know if this information is incorrect.

As far as I know there does not seem to be a set rule on FPs and Evening EMH. In some cases they will open up FPs in Evening EMH hours for an attraction and in other cases they won't. If they do open up FPs for the evening EMH hours then they probably will accept an earlier FP from before EMH but that is not guaranteed either. If you are not planning on using a lot of FPs earlier in the day though you have nothing to lose by grabbing some to use in your later EMH hours. If they take them you'll save yourself some time on the line.

I'm here! I am loving your plans so far! It sounds like it is going to be a great trip! I can't wait to read more! :) popcorn::

:welcome: thank you for coming over!! Am so looking forward to our trip! :)

As far as I know there does not seem to be a set rule on FPs and Evening EMH. In some cases they will open up FPs in Evening EMH hours for an attraction and in other cases they won't. If they do open up FPs for the evening EMH hours then they probably will accept an earlier FP from before EMH but that is not guaranteed either. If you are not planning on using a lot of FPs earlier in the day though you have nothing to lose by grabbing some to use in your later EMH hours. If they take them you'll save yourself some time on the line.

Thank you for the clarification clearskies :goodvibes In that case we will definitely be getting FPs earlier in the day!

Hello there! I finally made it over...your PTR is making me want to start mine...I guess I have to finish my TR from Jan first. ;)

Okay, let's see if I can remember all of my comments...sorry if I am all over the place.

1900 Park Fare breakfast is delicious. DH loves the Mad Hatter - he actually told me this the other day, and I thought it was all about the food for him.

Kali River- I suggest throwing a change of clothes in a backpack. You can get drenched on that ride. (I hate to walk around in wet bottoms...wet top, I can manage. The other problem is that when you go into another attraction or ITTBAB, you will freeze.

The Great Movie Ride is awesome - try to fit it in...

Tonga Toast - YUM!

Good move on upgrading the dining plan. Oh, use your credits at once... if you want something else and you run out, you can pay oop. Too many people end
up with snack credits the last day and load up on rice krispie Mickeys...

I don't think two days is too much for AK. We enjoy it there...

We are early risers, so I strongly recommend getting up early, but don't stress over the emh due to the low crowd time you are going.

:flower3: Debby

Hello there! I finally made it over...your PTR is making me want to start mine...I guess I have to finish my TR from Jan first. ;)

Okay, let's see if I can remember all of my comments...sorry if I am all over the place.

1900 Park Fare breakfast is delicious. DH loves the Mad Hatter - he actually told me this the other day, and I thought it was all about the food for him.

Kali River- I suggest throwing a change of clothes in a backpack. You can get drenched on that ride. (I hate to walk around in wet bottoms...wet top, I can manage. The other problem is that when you go into another attraction or ITTBAB, you will freeze.

The Great Movie Ride is awesome - try to fit it in...

Tonga Toast - YUM!

Good move on upgrading the dining plan. Oh, use your credits at once... if you want something else and you run out, you can pay oop. Too many people end
up with snack credits the last day and load up on rice krispie Mickeys...

I don't think two days is too much for AK. We enjoy it there...

We are early risers, so I strongly recommend getting up early, but don't stress over the emh due to the low crowd time you are going.

:flower3: Debby

:welcome: Debby thanks for coming over!! Am looking forward to hearing the remainder of your TR and your new PTR!

Am glad to hear another good review of 1900 Park Fare. Although I am looking forward to the food, it's all about the Mad Hatter for me! :banana:

Thanks for the :thumbsup2 on taking a change of clothes for Kali or other wet rides. Had not thought about it as I thought the heat would dry me off but had not thought about the effects of going straight to another attraction that will make me freeze.

I am going to try and fit in The Great Movie Ride as we should have plenty of time.

I know...my mouth is watering thinking about that Tonga Toast! popcorn::

Ooh will do that with my snack credits though am pretty sure we will run out! :lmao: However, it is better then having them left over and having to load up on rice krispy Mickey snacks.

Am glad to hear that two days is not too much time to explore AK - I have put in the possibility of going to a water park if we do finish early on day two.

We will try our best to get up early but if I'm honest I do not see it happening too often. We are not early risers and do like to sleep on vacation :laughing:

Thank you for all your comments - am going to be posting a new update in a few mins so look forward to hearing more :goodvibes

I'm here! Getting caught up....

:welcome: thank you for being here!! Looking forward to hearing what you think but have to warn you I am planning on updating in a few mins! ;)

Today we will be leaving Disney World to visit Islands of Adventure and Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! :cool1:

On arrival we will be heading straight to Harry Potter World so we do not get caught up in crowds. I will ride Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey as well as Dragon Challenge!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRM8YWRZ97ekc3mLYL4n0gwM6gJ-8O21hnGR-ZCAGLQEjhsumY5-1.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcRZ0Jtm__Q_6fUor0A0xe2-PVimJWh4IziEwjE86Sd8QrU3s4Sz.jpg

Following this we will explore the area and take some photos. I am hoping to get a picture of Hogwarts Express amongst others.

imagesqtbnANd9GcShsE24mly344pSQTNh1OwHVbSNzwqaBVJE5sMZfe0Z17D96Hd7WA.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcTyCLpvm1tay8GAl9QqPtlfYAMRQ8qAsxGslrPquWfk8rk6VPwb-1.jpg

After this we will have a look at the shops, if we are able to get inside them! I am looking forward to all the sweets at Honeydukes! As you may have realised I love anything sweet so will have to use all my willpower to stop me from spending too much in here! :rotfl:

After we have had our fun at WWoHP we will explore the rest of IOA. We will probably start with Jurassic Park River Adventure! After that as we will be wet anyway we'll go and ride Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges and I will get even more soaked on Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRCHTOQCZRVORrG8m2x_wR55EAczy1whXpFug6rMXGQ_x0yb-Qz.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcSxrvSzX9ITLVMybphrtLzIpLJcexWGdukgghJEs2IBpCuSWOvu7Q-1.jpg

I am looking forward to The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and am hoping Zaheer will come on this with me! I will be staying away from The Incredible Hulk as think he will scare me too much on my own :scared1:

We will finish our time at IOA by heading to Suess Landing in order to ride Caro-Suess-el and The Cat in The Hat.

308146880huCOSM_ph-1.jpg
the_cat_in_the_hat3468-1.jpg

At some point during the day we might catch one of the shows. I think I have covered most of the attractions though if you think there is something I have not mentioned that is worth a visit let me know.

After all the adventures we will be going to do some shopping!! :yay: When we started planning this vacation my original plans for today were to visit Premium Outlets, Vineland Ave and then visit a Water Park. However, I could not pass up the opportunity to visit WWoHP so have changed our plans but am still hoping to go shopping at Premium Outlets, Int. Drive (I still call it Prime Outlets!) If anyone has been to both of these shopping malls I would love to hear your views on which one you prefer.

As we would not have had much Disney magic today we will be booking a late ADR at Boma! I am looking forward to visiting AKL (would love to stay here one day! :cloud9:) and as the buffet offers lots of variety don't think we can go wrong.

Coming next: Our World Tour!!

I thought the above quote would be ideal to introduce my ADRs!! :banana:

Am hoping that I manage to get them all but tune in around 20 March to find out. Although some of them have already been mentioned during this PTR thought I better be fair and give the others their 15 mins of fame aswell!

Friday 09/16/2011 - Planet Hollywood - I don't think we will be booking an ADR for this place as it depends on when our plane lands etc. So if we feel up to going to DTD then we will def eat here popcorn::

Saturday 09/17/2011 - California Grill - 7.45pm. We are really looking forward to eating here and seeing Wishes during our meal :cool1:

Monday 09/19/2011 - 50s Prime Time Cafe - 7.30pm (hope there are plenty of antics!)

Tuesday 09/20/2011 - Les Chefs de France - 7.30pm.

Wednesday 09/21/2011 - 1900 Park Fare (between 10.30 and 11.00am) where we get to meet the Mad Hatter! :joker:

Friday 09/23/2011 - Akershus - 6.30pm :yay: we get to meet all those lovely princesses!

Saturday 09/24/2011 - Boma - 9.00pm.

And those that have not been mentioned yet:

Sunday 09/25/2011 - Captain's Grille - 5.00pm.

Monday 09/26/2011 - Artist Point - 5.00pm or 10.00pm. I am hoping to get two ADRs for this place as am not sure if we will want to eat before MSEP and Wishes or afterwards.

Tuesday 09/27/2011 - Kona Cafe 7.30pm - the evening we will be watching Hallowishes from the beach :cool1:

Wednesday 09/28/2011 - Sanaa 7.30pm

And finally Thursday 09/29/2011 - Tusker House at 10.00am.

Please let me know what you think or any opinions you may have on the above dining choices.

For any Le Cellier fans reading along (I know how highly it is rated on here!) the reason this place has not made our shortlist is because firstly as pescetarians there is more variety on some of the other menus for us and secondly because I have heard how hard it is to get an ADR at this place!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter