Out-of-state visitors to be welcomed back June 15th!

I am glad I have assumed I'd be able to go

I'm looking at the availability calendar right now and the whole month of July is showing wide open.
July and August were wide open when I booked last night. As of right now though, there's four days in July where DLP is unavailable, so it looks like there is some demand there.

Great News!!! We want to take our first time, and only, visit for this fall. I'm thinking October or early November. Is this a good time to go? I have no idea about the weather or crowds in California. Thanks:)
Early November is very nice in the park. One of my best visits was in October, but with the Halloween party it gets super busy. The weather is usually fine as well. The real crowds start in December near Christmas and New Years, or whenever school is out.

A tip for those looking for dining, clear your cookies and keep trying. If you search for a meal period (lunch/dinner) and find nothing try again using each specific time during that window (7:00pm, 7:30pm etc...). It's a pain, but it may yield results. Many of the locations are not listing times after July 4th or July 10th (depending on location). I check back several times a day to see if they release the later dates.

I have everything we want for July 9-12 except Tortilla Joe's for our departure lunch on the 12th (no judgement on TJs as it is our 13 yo's favorite...despite it being my birthday, what we do for our kids...lol). I really wish they would open SH55 as it is our go to for the departure day breakfast. Thankfully under appreciated by the casual DLR traveler...:)

It looks like Carthay Circle is on hold as well as I bet they are figuring out capacity and logistics for the entire restaurant opening as opposed to only alfresco. Hang in there and see you in the parks!

Mike
p.s. I'm all for a July thread now that the OOS folks won't be looked at with derision for planning a trip
We are the same dates! And I actually like TJs. I can always find something decent to eat there and the margaritas are as big as my head!

Sooooo happy to see more and more opening up!! Does anyone know what/if/when the capacity limits will change? Looks like they did open up more capacity as well they should. Just wondering what we're looking at crowds wise in early July.

Man, I've had tickets in my cart for June 17th like six separate times today. Each time I go to checkout it says there's nothing in my cart. Absolutely Brutal. Just gonna keep chugga luggin' along, but man, a frustrating experience so far.

After refreshing a couple thousand times over the past day and a half, I finally snagged a reservation for my wife and I on the 17th. We've been locked down at home with our toddler for 16 months now (minus daycare which we started back up a couple weeks ago), and in such bad need of a vacation for just the two of us. So, we're heading off to Hawaii, but as we swing through LA on our way back to Kansas City, we get to cap off our trip with a visit to our favorite place on earth. Feels surreal right now to think we're actually going, but also feeling lucky and grateful that it ended up working out.

There is currently an option to get a half Monte Christo at the eatery next to Soarin. I think it’s smokejumper Café or at least it used to be.
This is correct! I ordered the half monte cristo at smokejumpers :) it comes with the jam too!
Yes, I noticed this after looking at menus last night! I was so happy to see it! I'm praying it's still available there in July. I'm sure they will still have limited restaurant capacity by then, so here's hoping!

What is the capacity at DL now? Are they still at a reduced capacity? Wondering what late June will be like.

If I buy tickets from triple A will I have any trouble making reservations? I'm in Oregon.

Just snagged a reservation for Cafe Orleans for Thursday July 7th!! Obviously, someone cancelled. Keep checking, everyone, there is hope!

I'll likely cancel it if I'm able to procure a Monte Cristo at Smokejumpers, but I wanted to get one just in case it is removed from Smokejumpers later on, now that Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans are both open. :)

Just snagged a reservation for Cafe Orleans for Thursday July 7th!! Obviously, someone cancelled. Keep checking, everyone, there is hope!

I'll likely cancel it if I'm able to procure a Monte Cristo at Smokejumpers, but I wanted to get one just in case it is removed from Smokejumpers later on, now that Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans are both open. :)

Did you use the app or the web site?

I looked at 6 AM this morning for our day that's 60 days out and found nothing but the Alfresco Tasting Terrace or whatever on the app. But I didn't have trouble making a Cafe Orleans reservation on the website. Just FYI.

Great News!!! We want to take our first time, and only, visit for this fall. I'm thinking October or early November. Is this a good time to go? I have no idea about the weather or crowds in California. Thanks:)

Crowds are an unknown now, but traditionally October would be pretty crowded (though still fun!) Do you want Halloween or Christmas decorations? You can start getting Christmas stuff in the first half of November.

The weather is basically always better than WDW, so it has that going for it.... ;) But really, Oct and Nov is likely 70s-80s, but could be 60s or 90s! Should be pretty nice, though, and it will be nice and cool in the morning and evenings. And, not anywhere near FL's level of humidity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter