Out of the mouths of babes - Funniest things heard/overheard at Disney parks?

druiser

Mouseketeer
OK, I know you've all heard some good stuff ... lets' have it. Probably been a few of theses threads, but coming off a recent trip, I thought I'd start one.

My favorite was from my own DS (at that time 4). After a long morning of Animal Kingdom, and a few failed attempts to get his old man to carry him, he tried again ...

"Dad, will you carry me now? I'm tired of looking at people's butts".

Even the people in front of us enjoyed that one.

We were just getting into a parade spot when I heard this little boy (maybe 5) say to his older sister: "It's a well known fact that father is a liar." I don't know what the father had been telling them but it was awfully cute...:confused3
and we all got a huge laugh out of it. In fact it's become a bit of an inside joke.

On the first day of our honeymoon, my husband and I were in line waiting to talk to the hostess at Sci Fi. There was a mother and her young son (maybe 5 or 6) standing in front of us. All of the sudden, the little boy turns around, hugs my husband, looks up at him and says, "hi daddy!" My husband just looks down at him, then looks over at me as if to say, "I swear I have never seen this child before in my life". The mother then takes the little boy by the hand and tells him that that is not his daddy because daddy didn't want to eat there that day.

Same trip and a few days later we were in line for Space Mountain. We had been talking with this adorable little girl and her mother who were in line behind us. The little girl was so excited because she was finally tall enough to ride Space Mountain. She kept going on and on about how excited she was. As we got closer to the front of the line, her excitement started to dwindle and finally, turned into outright fear. She was terrified to go on the ride. The mother asked her what had changed and she said that she didn't realize it went as fast as it did. The mother asked her how she knew how fast it went since you couldn't see the ride. The little girl pointed to the comets that go by on the ceiling and said, "look how fast it goes. It goes so fast that all of the people have fallen out and that is why all the cars with people in them are empty when they return. I'm not riding that!"

Last year, we went with my wife's family and one of our friends. My wife's 5 year old sister was infatuated with our friend.

One night we were dining at Chef Mickey's and Minnie came to our table. Our friend said "Last night Minnie kissed me (at the MNSSHP) and today she acts like she doesn't even know me".

The 5 year replied sympathetically "Oh, she knows you". Then in a Fatal Attraction tone said "I saw her looking at you".

Backstory: I 'clean for the Gracey Manor in Liberty Square' if you know what I mean... Bat hat and everything.

I once had a child who was too afraid to ride tell me "Get the cure soon"
I asked "What cure?"
"Well I heard that you are normal in the daytime. Now you are nice. But at midnight you turn into a ghost! Nice people shouldn't be ghosts. You need a ghost cure, so that you can play in disney world."

Most adorable child I've ever met. :)

…kind of funny, but more cute than anything. We made the mistake of taking our 3 yr old son on Splash Mountain when he was too young for it. (didn’t know he wouldn’t like it, he is a bit of a daredevil normally).

Well, for months when we would ask him how he liked the water ride at Disney and his reply was always a sincere and thoughtful, “Me no like Splashy Mountain”.

Dan

We were coming off the plane of our most recent trip. A family with kids, about 7 and 9 or so, were in front of us as we walked through the walkway from the airplane to the terminal. Once we get in the terminal, one of the kids said "It smells like Florida!" :lmao:

Honestly, I can't remember if we were at MK or Sea World - but my son has a thing for Thomas the Train. Especially Percy.

You know, this guy:
144558-percy.jpg

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure we were at MK for the day. We had just trekked into the park from the parking lot, when my son (who was 2 at the time, now 3) realized he didn't have Percy in his hand. He had left him in the car. However, he didn't remember this.

It's important to remember that at 2 years of age, most toddlers do not speak very clearly. So whenever he was talking about Percy, it came out as another word for a cat that starts with a "P".

What joy it was to have to practically run down Main Street, away from the people staring at us, as my son is screaming in his stroller, "I WANT MY PERCY! I CAN'T FIND MY PERCY! I WANT MY BIG, BIG PERCY RIGHT NOW!"

:headache:

Shushing him didn't help. And the rest of the day he would randomly blurt out, "HEY MOMMY, WHERE'S MY BIG, BIG PERCY AT?!"

Love these stories. Here's another my own kid story. At age 3, DD rode Test Track, loved it, and wanted to ride it again, so we did. Unfortunately, the second time we got stuck in the hot room for a few minutes so now she HATES test track.

Fast forward to age 4. We are all going to ride Test Track (DD with a bribe of a Mickey Head Ice Cream bar after the ride). We get to the ride and here is our exchange:

DD: (walking up to the height stick) "I don't think I'm tall enough to ride this ride"

Me: "You were tall enough last year. I'm pretty sure you haven't shrunk since then"

DD: "I'll bend down" :laughing:

As she said the last line, she was physically bending her knees as low as she could so her head would not reach the stick. The CM, who was cracking up, said "Sorry, you are definitely tall enough".

As she is loading into the car before the ride starts DD looks at the attendant checking the seat belt and states:

"This is the last time I am ever riding Test Track".

Honestly, I can't remember if we were at MK or Sea World - but my son has a thing for Thomas the Train. Especially Percy.

You know, this guy:
144558-percy.jpg

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure we were at MK for the day. We had just trekked into the park from the parking lot, when my son (who was 2 at the time, now 3) realized he didn't have Percy in his hand. He had left him in the car. However, he didn't remember this.

It's important to remember that at 2 years of age, most toddlers do not speak very clearly. So whenever he was talking about Percy, it came out as another word for a cat that starts with a "P".

What joy it was to have to practically run down Main Street, away from the people staring at us, as my son is screaming in his stroller, "I WANT MY PERCY! I CAN'T FIND MY PERCY! I WANT MY BIG, BIG PERCY RIGHT NOW!"

Shushing him didn't help. And the rest of the day he would randomly blurt out, "HEY MOMMY, WHERE'S MY BIG, BIG PERCY AT?!"

It's okay, my son for the longest time could say Stitch correctly. It came out sb****!!! Stitch is his favorite character, so it led to many a stare when we would be in the parks. :eek:

We were coming off the plane of our most recent trip. A family with kids, about 7 and 9 or so, were in front of us as we walked through the walkway from the airplane to the terminal. Once we get in the terminal, one of the kids said "It smells like Florida!" :lmao:

What's so funny about that? I'm in my 30s and I still say that.;)

Watching one of the parades my son says - "Look Mommy - its Snow White and the seven twerps!" :lmao:

You know, this guy:

Oh my 2 year old does the same thing! Percy of course being one of his faves, he is always screaming out the inappropriate word! I read this to my husband he was laughing :rotfl:

We took our son(then4) on TOT. He was OK until it started to drop, then took a death grip on his dad. When we got off(we were afraid he was going to start crying) he looked us both straight in the face and said "I am not going on that again." Very matter of factly and to the point. He is now 8 and we still can't talk him into riding! But, the picture is priceless.

Great ones, so far!

And I can relate to those of you with the kids and their "Percy" engines. We went through that with 2 boys. The younger one actually had some limited edition percy that was gold ... yep, he'd scream for his Gold Percy.

Those Brits did that on purpose .... had to! Name children's character Percy ... :lmao:

Not so much out of a babes mouth but we overheard this on Wednesday in one of the MK shops:

"<kids name>!! Quit licking your sisters hair!!" :rotfl2:

You know, this guy:
144558-percy.jpg

I about spit my drink out onto my computer! :lmao:

:offtopic:

When I was little I couldn't say truck, if you catch my drift. My much older brother and sister would LOVE to point out "daddy's truck!" all of the time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter