Over the top custom Disney dresses???

mommy2paisley

DIS Veteran
Hey! When my oldest daughter (18 now) was ages 3-10, we would purchase the prettiest custom dresses for our trips! We could find them on Etsy, there was a post on disboards of those creators sharing designs, and Facebook. Now when I look for my youngest daughter (almost 3), I can’t find anything even close to what I used to find! Are there stores you know of I can search for? Designers on here still? Or is that just kind of gone?

Attachments

• IMG_1033.png
    IMG_1033.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 11
Have you looked for the shops you used in the past? Are they gone?

You may just need to tweak your search criteria. I found many more dresses on Etsy just now with the search terms “Disney toddler dress” that were similar to your example than I did by adding “custom” or “over the top”, which brought up much simpler designs. Try using a few different words in your search and maybe you will find what you’re searching for.

I used to have an ETSY shop that sold many custom Disney dresses. From my own experience, most people just don’t want to pay for such dresses. I shut down my shop in 2021. People expect custom for the price of a t-shirt dress from Wal-mart. At the end of the day, my time is worth more than what people want to pay. I now only sew for the grandkids. Perhaps you can find someone local to do something for you?

I used to have an ETSY shop that sold many custom Disney dresses. From my own experience, most people just don’t want to pay for such dresses. I shut down my shop in 2021. People expect custom for the price of a t-shirt dress from Wal-mart. At the end of the day, my time is worth more than what people want to pay. I now only sew for the grandkids. Perhaps you can find someone local to do something for you?
I can totally get that!! I hate that it is that way, because a lot of us were willing to pay the custom prices for the dresses/sets we wanted!! It’s so sad how that seems to be just gone now!! But I get it! I would want to make it worth my time too!

Have you looked for the shops you used in the past? Are they gone?

You may just need to tweak your search criteria. I found many more dresses on Etsy just now with the search terms “Disney toddler dress” that were similar to your example than I did by adding “custom” or “over the top”, which brought up much simpler designs. Try using a few different words in your search and maybe you will find what you’re searching for.
Yes, most are closed that were on Etsy. A couple either have a list that’s waiting list only or isn’t doing customs anymore.

My wife and daughter went to the "Dress Shop" at DTD last month looking for some nice dresses and there was literally nothing there. As in they sold two low quality dresses and the rest of the place was filled with t-shirts and sweatshirts. HerUniverse seems to have Disney dresses but I have no idea of the quality. At least there is some selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter