• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

overlapping ADR's, will anything get cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could look at it as she will make one family really happy when she cancels a reservation and they are able to make a last minute booking.

I don't blame people for booking multiples or an ADR. As long as you cancel a day or two before I don't see the problem. Someone will take that last minute ADR.

Yep. I love getting those last minute ADR’s. Thanks to all who have double booked. They have been very helpful to me and my family. :)

And to answer your question OP....... If the system let’s you make the ADR’s, the reservations won’t get cancelled.

It is completely Disney’s fault for people having to double book ADRs. They change hours, they have you book fast passes 60 days out. If you can’t get what you need on a certain day but can on another you have to rearrange everything and lose what you planned out perfectly. I don’t begrudge anyone for double booking and I definitely don’t think it’s selfish. Personally attacking someone because they booked two reservations is so rude. She didn’t book 5 BOG every day of her trip in case of any changes. She has a backup plan. There is nothing wrong with that. If Disney thought there was they’d actually cancel these double bookings. They don’t care so neither should anyone else. It’s pretty easy to fix this. Make the ADR window same as fast passes. Have the park hours firmly set before releasing anything. I’m sorry but it really annoys me that people are attacking this person and telling her she’s selfish for planning ahead. She’s done nothing wrong

It is completely Disney’s fault for people having to double book ADRs. They change hours, they have you book fast passes 60 days out. If you can’t get what you need on a certain day but can on another you have to rearrange everything and lose what you planned out perfectly. I don’t begrudge anyone for double booking and I definitely don’t think it’s selfish. Personally attacking someone because they booked two reservations is so rude. She didn’t book 5 BOG every day of her trip in case of any changes. She has a backup plan. There is nothing wrong with that. If Disney thought there was they’d actually cancel these double bookings. They don’t care so neither should anyone else. It’s pretty easy to fix this. Make the ADR window same as fast passes. Have the park hours firmly set before releasing anything. I’m sorry but it really annoys me that people are attacking this person and telling her she’s selfish for planning ahead. She’s done nothing wrong
While trying to be as neutral as possible there are points on both sides.

Weather isn't a good excuse because it's always unpredictable. Does it suck? Absolutely. Hey no one knows that more than me. Stormed out in 2011 after sitting and waiting in the bench seats while it was delayed and then cancelled and rained out in 2017 for Fantasmic. For the 2017 one the rain was supposed to be over before the show..it stuck around and got even more intense but you wouldn't know that until you're there just before the showtime. So again..weather is always unpredictable it's just not an excuse and that's not attempting to be mean just being practical.

Back up plans for most people from what it appears on the Boards concerning ADRs doesn't mean multiple of the same place but rather a different place in case the first option doesn't work out. When you have multiple ADRs multiple days it typically gives off a 'hoarding' viewpoint even if one may not think the number of backs ups qualify as 'hoarding' in the traditional sense.

Pre-planning for most people's viewpoints is that you make a plan and stick with it within reason. Not that you have planned the same plans just different days. When that occurs it again leads to the 'hoarding' viewpoint.

In this case the OP has 2 Fantasmic! packages and 2 BOG reservations for 2 different days.

On the other hand it is frustrating that hours are not posted well enough in advance and that they are not set in stone until much much closer.

On the other hand the cancellation policy with the no show fee has enabled people to get ADRs (and probably packages is my assumption) a day or two in advance as others cancel. This works well for those who like to check last minute or who think about the no show fee and how it can impact last minute cancellations so it can become a "score 1 for me" moment if a BOG pops up last minute. However, the con to that is people frustrated because they couldn't plan themselves in advance and may not look for last minute ADRs.

The intention tends to have a lot to do with how people perceive it. If you want to eat BOG every meal, personally, that's not an issue for me. I know it takes away from other people for sure but you at least are legit booking the ADR to use it. If you want to do the Fantasmic! package several times, personally, that's not an issue for me. I know it takes from other people for sure but you at least are legit booking the package to use it. However, booking multiple with the intention to cancel one or more is an iffy thing. I'm more against it but I do recognize limitations set forth so.

I'm sure I'm the only one on this board with a back-up ADR for the only two dinners we're interested in.

And while I could have booked a week straight of F! and BOG, I kept two, and have no other dinners reserved all week.

I am hopeful that the *only* reason I will have to switch around our plans is because of weather, and not a relapse. Just in case, I'm keeping them, and maybe we will go to one twice--and enjoy it thoroughly both times.

Seriously.

I understand the "over" planning initially. I believe a lot of folks start with a few ADR's that will be dropped as soon as a plan is firmed up, but I do think that there is a difference between holding on to multiple ADR's to compensate for weather, and booking an extra one or two as a back up while waiting for Disney to post hours.

I am sorry that your DD was ill, I really am, however have you any idea how many others have family members who are finally able to take a trip after a prolonged illness? We all have reasons why each trip is special, and we all choose to honor our own in individual ways. Planning to make the trip special does not need to include holding onto to several extra ADR's until the last minute to make sure that your family is not inconvenienced by weather. The kind and thoughtful thing to do is firm your plans, make a decision and let the extras go.

MDE only requires an hour and 5 minutes gap (that's been my experience in the past maybe it's a bit longer now) between ADRs, so booking two at that time interval is not against any rule or tricking the system. Do I think it's okay to have multiple ADRs for every meal you have planned? Not really, I do think that's a bit much. But to have one or two with a backup plan, I'm not going to sit her and judge that. That is why it's always important to check for an ADR the night before you want to dine because there will always be some cancellations. I would have more of an issue if the extra ADRs never got cancelled because then there is no opportunity for anybody else to pick it up.

I think we overuse the phrase "personally attacking". There is nothing personal about it. If I disagree with the practice of double booking and think it's not the best way to operate, that's my opinion.

TIA with all of this!
Having a backup plan is basic risk management and really a great approach to most things in life. Having a backup ADR trying to mitigate a potential weather risk is not selfish, it's smart.

I think we overuse the phrase "personally attacking". There is nothing personal about it. If I disagree with the practice of double booking and think it's not the best way to operate, that's my opinion.

And that works for you, which is great. I very rarely double book anything, but I still have no issue at all with anybody who does because that is obviously their preference on how to mitigate some risk in the touring plan.

Some of you are getting so bent out of shape over this that it's almost comical. Not that it matters, but F!/HBD is still wide open for the week that I have it ONE extra time. It is quite possible that we will go to BOG twice and if we don't, someone else will benefit from a last minute cancelation (which in the past I would have been happy to coordinate, but now I'm not so eager to spend much more time on this board!)

No, I am not the only one with something special to celebrate or with a chronically ill child (which is a nightmare I wouldn't wish on anyone) but I am also not the only one with special privileges to make these ADRs and I didn't circumvent the system to do so. I thought when booking BOG that I would have to delete the F! package on the same night (which I reserved not knowing when BOG would be released, if we could even get in or which night) but since it didn't make me, I am keeping it. In the past I have seen lots of openings for F! packages but we have never gone. I just checked a bunch of random days and there are openings tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month, and all through November! I am not keeping ANYONE from eating at Hollywood Brown Derby or seeing Fantasmic! So maybe some of you need to relax, plan another trip or find something else to do rather than get so worked up on a message board over something that in the grand scheme of things is very insignificant.

Some of you are getting so bent out of shape over this that it's almost comical. Not that it matters, but F!/HBD is still wide open for the week that I have it ONE extra time. It is quite possible that we will go to BOG twice and if we don't, someone else will benefit from a last minute cancelation (which in the past I would have been happy to coordinate, but now I'm not so eager to spend much more time on this board!)

No, I am not the only one with something special to celebrate or with a chronically ill child (which is a nightmare I wouldn't wish on anyone) but I am also not the only one with special privileges to make these ADRs and I didn't circumvent the system to do so. I thought when booking BOG that I would have to delete the F! package on the same night (which I reserved not knowing when BOG would be released, if we could even get in or which night) but since it didn't make me, I am keeping it. In the past I have seen lots of openings for F! packages but we have never gone. I just checked a bunch of random days and there are openings tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month, and all through November! I am not keeping ANYONE from eating at Hollywood Brown Derby or seeing Fantasmic! So maybe some of you need to relax, plan another trip or find something else to do rather than get so worked up on a message board over something that in the grand scheme of things is very insignificant.

Don’t let others get under your skin. You haven’t broken any rules. You don’t even need to explain yourself.
Enjoy whichever ADR’s you happen to keep! :goodvibes

Since some folks continue to be .....
I’ll just leave that blank

Closing this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter