Overnight shift workers working Christmas Eve(tonight) check in here....

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Misery loves company!!! I work at a small hospital, and so far, the census is low. I'm hoping that being Christmas, the only people we see in the ER are true ermergent patients. I hope food, family, and the joy of the season keep the sniffles w/cough home tonight!

I do have tomorrow and the next 2 days off, so I am happy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I’m here. I work tonight and tomorrow night, though I’m not at work yet (I’m a nurse).

Thankfully my kids are older and we are past the Santa stage, so they can wait till I get home tomorrow to open gifts.

I worked overnights for 25 years. I would have loved to work my NORMAL shift on Christmas but in my industry what happened was not only having to work Christmas, but being assigned a different shift for that day then back to your regular schedule the next day. So instead of 11pm to 7 am on Christmas Day, they want to you work 5 am to 130 pm, then comeback at 11 pm for the next day's shift. Really messed with Christmas gifts, dinner, and oh yeah, getting some sleep. Usually I just skipped the sleep.

I worked overnights for 25 years. I would have loved to work my NORMAL shift on Christmas but in my industry what happened was not only having to work Christmas, but being assigned a different shift for that day then back to your regular schedule the next day. So instead of 11pm to 7 am on Christmas Day, they want to you work 5 am to 130 pm, then comeback at 11 pm for the next day's shift. Really messed with Christmas gifts, dinner, and oh yeah, getting some sleep. Usually I just skipped the sleep.
Oh ouch! That does sting, and barely sleep but thank you for the service you do here. Merry Christmas....

Not me but my husband does. Worked Sunday night from 7pm to 9:30am this morning. Just left to work the same shift, they work 3 days a week, 14 hours a shift. His holiday is Tuesday night. He is NOT in any type of "necessary for life or death" type job. He is in a manufacturing setting.

Here at a midsize county hospital in Ohio. Just sad the cafeteria closes early at 7 pm tonight. Merry Christmas!

Here at a midsize county hospital in Ohio. Just sad the cafeteria closes early at 7 pm tonight. Merry Christmas!

sweet-sesame-chicken-82273.JPEG

My dinner. 4 minutes in the microwave. YUM

Thanks you guys... at hospitals n police stations and fire stations and the like.
Merry Christmas to you all!

:goodvibes Instead of going to our own church for Christmas Eve services, tonight we went with our DS to his. They had wrapped some really nice little gifts and had a list of all the businesses in the neighbourhood (convenience stores and gas stations, a nursing home, the fire hall and some others) where people would be at work. They urged worshipers to take them and drop them off on the way home, along with a hand-written Christmas card. I thought it was a very sweet gesture and we took ours to the 7-11 on our way home. The gift was very well received. :santa:

Paediatric home care nurse on shift until 6am. Not too bad. Lol hopefully the kids will let me grab an hour or two of sleep before they are up to open gifts.
Merry Christmas everyone

Maternity nurse here!‍♀️ And it’s hopping! I think we’ve had about seven deliveries so far, with ten more in labor .

Retired Respiratory Therapist here and I still can't kick the habit of waking up in the middle of the night after working the night shift for 42 years. I remember those nights and mornings. At least you should have a traffic free drive home. Stay safe. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you hard working folks.

Thankful to have Christmas off this year after working 1800-0600 Christmas Eve and Christmas Day last year. Thanks to all who are working tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter