Packing items-What strange/helpful item do you bring???

The coffee pots at all resorts are made by Keurig. We have one at home and I go to the Keurig website and order little five-packs of coffee pods to take with me. ( I do not care too much for the Emeril brand) They also sell teas and hot chocolate also. This gives me a little variety while on vacation.

Here are some things that we take to WDW with us. This is going to be our first trip to USO, but I think these things will apply there also. I don't think these have been previously mentioned.

Plenty of individual bottled water and large ones (2.5 Gallon) to refill the individual ones (if you are driving)
Chargers for all the electronics
Condiments - salt/pepper/coffee mate/etc.
Solo type plastic cups
Hats
Sunscreen
Housekeeping tips
Ear stuff to prevent swimmers ear
Various medications that we need/may need
If your driving down - toll money/change

I think I will pack my fanny pack before I pack it in my suitcase, then when we get there, it's ready and I don't have to worry about forgetting anything. I'll just have to add our room key and some money...

I'm planning to take envelopes for housekeeping tips, and I will also be bringing plenty of candy for our room. (we love sweets) I might make up a special "gift basket" thing for my son--incase we don't get our welcome gift. We are celebrating his birthday while we're there, but his b-day isn't until the end of the month...so it will be like a birthday thingy.

I'm also bringing a beach bag to carry stuff to the pool, and a collapsible cooler so we can bring drinks to the pool.
Also: plastic drinking cups, & wine bottle opener...

We are also celebrating a birthday when we go down there (mine). My wife ordered a cake from the Portofino and she has presents to go with it.

One item we always bring with us to Florida is one of those fan water bottles. It never fails if we forget one the kids always want to buy one and they are like $20.00 down there when I can get them from Walmart for $5.00 or less.

Another item we bring on trips is microwave popcorn. Makes a great snack and most of the rooms that we stay seem to always have a microwave in it.

:goodvibes

cheapo flipflops for the pool, sunscreen, bugspray, towelletts, coffee filters and coffee, a kitchen towell and cheap silverware,cheapo rain ponchos,paper plates and small bowls, they usually have it when we arrive and it makes the am go so nice...i usually pick up a good loan at the dollar store.. but is it true we can't bring our coffee and plain filters......we r huge coffee drinkers..
also the neck chain is a great idea...

I bring a notebook with a day by day itenerary. Each day is on one page so we can tear it out and bring it with us to the parks. It includes the park we are going to, the dining reservations time and number, parade and fireworks times, and two choices for evening plans...meaning IF we decide we want to go to a park after dinner, these are the happenings like firewworks, parades, EMH.

I don't get detailed as far as which rides we are doing. We are way too laid back for that. I just like to plan which parks we go to(after researching which ones are predicted to be the least crowded that day), keep up with our ADRs, make sure we don't miss our must sees for fireworks by giving different options on several nites, and its all on one page for easy access.

As far as packing goes, I always bring extra ziplocks for taking snacks in to parks(from our gardengrocer food delivery) and for my camera and such so it doesn't get wet. Also garbage bags for dirty laundry and for wet suits so it doesn't stink up the suitcases on th way home.

My Universal wallet that hangs from a cord around your neck--best $5 dollars I ever spent. Buy at gift shop at hotel or in Universal. Can hold credit cards and cash.

Room keys fit in on the side pocket so that when you get to the rides you just whip them out, show them and then you can tuck it down your shirt so that you won't get strangled by the cord. I have used it for Kennywood (PA) and Cedarpoint (OH) on many coasters. Luv it!

we use retractable corded badge holders to keep AP & roomkey in (after all, whipping that key out ALL THE TIME for FOTL is a pain ;) )

Where did you get this? We might shop at some of the same places (I'm in Berks Co. too), so I'm just wondering.

Although I can "borrow" some from my work ;) I need to have a hole punched in the badge or key to use this type. Did you find a retractable thing that is an actual badge-holder?

Where did you get this? We might shop at some of the same places (I'm in Berks Co. too), so I'm just wondering.

Although I can "borrow" some from my work ;) I need to have a hole punched in the badge or key to use this type. Did you find a retractable thing that is an actual badge-holder?

MY badgeholder--click here

I originally bought ours at Walmart in the accessory department....but haven't been able to find them since :confused3

I liked these in particular because the clear plastic part was sealed by the snap closure. I can't seem to find that kind anymore, so I think I'm just going to Staples or Office Max to get new ones. (The plastic edges rip after a few years because of taking out AP for entrance to the park AND discounts :headache: )

You can get them at any office supply store... I'm not a fan of wearing stuff around my neck (neither is DH), but I clip it to my shorts and keep the card part in my pocket when not in use.

We've used these for 3 trips and have never had a problem :thumbsup2

I like the idea of these way better than the lanyard's. Even though it won't be too hot in December I'm like you and don't like having anything around my neck. DH is used to it though, he works government so he has a ton of badges hanging on his neck all day lol.

I ordered the retractable card holders from Staples and also a "slot" hole punch. So I know you can get them there. I am also not a big fan of having something around my neck (I sweat too much and the cord always gets too wet).

I haven't done this yet, but this year we are going to bring a power strip. A lot of times, we find that there aren't enough outlets to charge all of our cameras and cell phones at one time.

We always bring at least one power strip, too. And the Ziplocks alot of other people bring. Decorated envelopes for the housekeeping tips - you can buy pretty leftover envelopes at Hallmark for .20 each and customize them. I also like to bring a little travel size bottle of Downy spray-on wrinkle release just in case I don't have time to iron a wrinkly shirt (works better than hot shower steam). A thin accordian style folder with a top closure flap to keep documents and itineraries organized fits in a suitcase better than a binder because it's pliable. I usually try to remember to bring the rolling foot massage things you can buy at shoe stores or Walmart, and water based lotion that absorbs easily for massaging feet and backs. A cooler with our family's preferred drinks 'cuz we're weirdos where beverages are concerned. Lots of snacks and breakfast bars. An empty big bag or suitcase for souvenirs and t-shirts. Odor neutralizer for stinky socks and sweaty clothes. Benedryl just in case we discover an allergy while we're away from home. Individual lens cleaning wipes for eye glasses and t.v./computer screens. Lots of astringent and cotton facial pads! Nothing cools you off and refreshes like astringent on the face, neck (front and back), chest, and back after a hot sweaty day. No matter who grabs the shower first, the other person doesn't have to feel icky-sticky while they're waiting for a turn.

I originally bought ours at Walmart in the accessory department....but haven't been able to find them since :confused3

In April I bought the clips and plastic sleeves, packaged separately, in the stationery/office supplies department at Walmart. There were 3 clips and 10(?) sleeves in each of the packages. Total cost was less than $4.

(Tried to quote you ... didn't quite work!)

Are the ones from Staples pretty sturdy because the ones I saw at Walmart seemed pretty flimsy and easily tearable.

After spending this past weekend at Cedarpoint (OH) on a school orchestra trip. My husband and I, both chaperones, were able to recognize that our 14 and 12 year olds are not babies any more. When we all got to the designated meeting place, we ditched them and vice/versa:)

They rode the Roadster (starts out at 120 mph and goes straight up almost vertically then plunges down almost as fast) and other death defying coasters without us! Makes you proud that you instill the love of coasters in your children. Speed demons unite.

Therefore, it gave us a hint that maybe a single Universal card holder is not the ticket. I am thinking the single laminate deal for each of us.

I might now also be thinking to pack some massage oil for some alone time.:)

pixeegrl: I just ordered and received 12 of these: part#75407 from Staples. I also ordered the slot punch for the tickets, etc. The case and cord is black. I tried to "break" the cord and can't do it. It is small and, in my mind, sturdy enough. There is also a clip on the back (it doesn't rotate).
I have 12 of these and don't need them all. How many do you need and when? PM me and I might be able to send some.

Found the retractable badge holders at The Dollar Tree today and the 10 pack of badge holders. They had two different kinds - one had the opening on the short side and one had the opening on the long side.

Are the ones from Staples pretty sturdy because the ones I saw at Walmart seemed pretty flimsy and easily tearable.

At USO they sell the sleeve with a zip-lock type closure to prevent water coming into it, very strudy, have had for the past 4 years and its still like new. I love this because it has the hole for the retractable holder and I can keep my hotel key card and my AAA card on the back to flash when I need to and I even put some cash in between the cards and a cc.

Was at Walmart over the weekend, they have a 4-pack of retractable lanyard holders (red, blue, green and ?) price was $1.89.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter