Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a good option for people who aren’t local. We stay overnight nearby 2-3 times a year. We were already staying on property less and less as the prices went up, but charging us to park our car was the last straw. We live an hour away; we can’t take the “free” magical express from the airport, but we’re expected to subsidize the out of towners rides on the magical express by parking our local car in their hotel lot.
I didn’t even think about this since we’ll be living an hour away now. We used to always fly and use the magical express. Now we’ll have to pay for overnight parking. Bummer

I didn’t even think about this since we’ll be living an hour away now. We used to always fly and use the magical express. Now we’ll have to pay for overnight parking. Bummer

If you rent DVC points you’ll get free parking for that stay :)

If you rent DVC points you’ll get free parking for that stay :)
We don’t usually know that far ahead though. I have a feeling most of our trips will be last minute weekend trips since Dh gets every other Friday off at his new job

We don’t usually know that far ahead though. I have a feeling most of our trips will be last minute weekend trips since Dh gets every other Friday off at his new job

There are FB groups where folks have confirmed reservations they need to rent out due to last minute changes. Usually for a good price. Perfect for locals. Search FB for DVC Member Point Exchange and Rental.

There are FB groups where folks have confirmed reservations they need to rent out due to last minute changes. Usually for a good price. Perfect for locals. Search FB for DVC Member Point Exchange and Rental.
Have you ever rented points there? Is it pretty legit?

Have you ever rented points there? Is it pretty legit?

I haven’t but did rent from someplace similar to get home resort privileges at Hilton Head. It’s a legit group but of course you have to research and ask for references.

Another option is the last minute specials some of the rental sites will run. Don’t think I can link here but google last minute DVC rentals and the top two that come up are good and you have more protection since it’s through a company.

I haven’t but did rent from someplace similar to get home resort privileges at Hilton Head. It’s a legit group but of course you have to research and ask for references.

Another option is the last minute specials some of the rental sites will run. Don’t think I can link here but google last minute DVC rentals and the top two that come up are good and you have more protection since it’s through a company.
I’ve looked at those two companies before but I didn’t realize they had last minute rentals. I’ll definitely have to check that out. Thanks! I’m a little hesitant to rent through Facebook

Possibly not when it launches, but it has been discussed as a vehicle for just such a service at some point.
As soon as I heard the description about plugging in what you want to do and it spitting out possibilities, I thought - oh yeah, they're going to give you paid great itineraries you can upgrade to.

If prices stay as high as they are now and paid FPs are introduced, that will probably be our breaking point. For a family of 5, even a few paid FPs a day would add up very quickly. It's already gotten harder to get the headliners at 60 days, so I can't imagine any scenario where the existence of paid FPs available to all guests doesn't further devalue the experience for those with only a base ticket.

When they're as easy to get as they are right now, I highly disagree.
Right now the parks are at their slowest (hurricane season and bts) but whenever we go, the parks are super crowded and it hard to get the fast passes that we want.

Our next trip is during Jersey week in November and even at 60+4 days out, I could only get SDD on one of our last days and it’s at 5:15 so I won’t have any fast passes all day! Also, I don’t even really want to go to hs that day since we’re going earlier in our trip but only 1 tier 1 fp is allowed and my kids love RnR.

I tried to book a club level room so we could purchase 3 extra FPs per day but none of the rooms have been available for months! Right now, almost all of the resorts are completely sold out of all rooms! It’s going to be so crowded!

I’m thinking about getting the ultimate thrills tour package so we can ride a bunch of the headliners without fastpasses, but it’s $350/person so over $1000 for my family and I’m not really interested in walking around with a group all day. I just want extra fastpasses to ride what we want during our trip.

If the offer emm or ah we will purchase that as we have in the past. Right now, we only have the option of the Xmas party during our trip which we’re doing. Hopefully, lines aren’t long during that event!!

So yes, I would love to buy extra fastpasses!!

Right now the parks are at their slowest (hurricane season and bts) but whenever we go, the parks are super crowded and it hard to get the fast passes that we want.

Our next trip is during Jersey week in November and even at 60+4 days out, I could only get SDD on one of our last days and it’s at 5:15 so I won’t have any fast passes all day! Also, I don’t even really want to go to hs that day since we’re going earlier in our trip but only 1 tier 1 fp is allowed and my kids love RnR.

I tried to book a club level room so we could purchase 3 extra FPs per day but none of the rooms have been available for months! Right now, almost all of the resorts are completely sold out of all rooms! It’s going to be so crowded!

I’m thinking about getting the ultimate thrills tour package so we can ride a bunch of the headliners without fastpasses, but it’s $350/person so over $1000 for my family and I’m not really interested in walking around with a group all day. I just want extra fastpasses to ride what we want during our trip.

If the offer emm or ah we will purchase that as we have in the past. Right now, we only have the option of the Xmas party during our trip which we’re doing. Hopefully, lines aren’t long during that event!!

So yes, I would love to buy extra fastpasses!!
I've been at some of the busiest times of the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) the last couple years and have had no trouble getting FPs for any ride, before hand and extra ones while I'm there. Including for my upcoming trip during W&D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter