Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a post this morning from someone in a FB Disney group who had old FP+ show up in her MDE. That's a new part of the glitch I haven't seen before.

At this point I am getting frustrated and angry about this. Forget about Fast Pass which I am praying comes back asap. The fact that 1 month before the 4th of July, you haven't even mentioned fireworks, is really annoying. I really thought we would get something yesterday or maybe even today, but yeah they really don't care because we're still paying to come without it

At this point I am getting frustrated and angry about this. Forget about Fast Pass which I am praying comes back asap. The fact that 1 month before the 4th of July, you haven't even mentioned fireworks, is really annoying. I really thought we would get something yesterday or maybe even today, but yeah they really don't care because we're still paying to come without it
I’ve got a mid-july trip and I’m assuming no fireworks. I think you’re going ot be disappointed if you assume otherwise. They’re testing, but given the current environment they might not bring fireworks back unless/until they see a decline in bookings.

I’ve got a mid-july trip and I’m assuming no fireworks. I think you’re going ot be disappointed if you assume otherwise. They’re testing, but given the current environment they might not bring fireworks back unless/until they see a decline in bookings.

If by current environment you mean Covid, I don't think Covid has anything to do with any of these things being brought back. I think its money, and them wanting to not spend any. Thats my own opinion. Unless you mean people still going anyway

And I am going the same time and fully expect both of those things to be returned by then because there is zero reason for them not to, besides money

And you know what would really suck? If they announced it and it was for AFTER my trip lol

But I am use to disney disappointment lately ( and yes I am still spending the money knowing all this, go figure, I am part of the problem )

I am down the same time and I'll be happy to see them "testing" as I am leaving the park...at least that's something!

I agree but my frustration is directed slightly differently because I have a toddler, so we wouldn’t be able to stay out late for fireworks anyway but before children I loved the fireworks and I understand your frustration. I’m annoyed that they haven’t announced FP yet with increasing summer crowds, nor have they entirely removed the mask mandate. If masks are still required indoors by the time my cancellation date comes around, I’ll be cancelling for sure. I won’t wrestle my toddler to keep a mask on. Period. That’s a deal breaker for me.

Well, Disney adjusted the language ever so slightly today about wearing masks in all indoor theaters versus all theaters. Big whoop. Not looking promising for an announcement today.

Well, our next trip isn’t until May 2022 but I would love some kind of announcement at least on where fastpass is headed. I’m a planner, and I just want to know what we’re dealing with. My family has loved fastpass - we aren’t local so knowing we’ll be able to get on the attractions we want without huge waits is what makes spending those thousands of dollars to stay onsite feel worth it. Fastpass has always felt like an insurance policy for us.

The optics of eliminating fastpass for onsite guests seems horrible, however I try to spin it in my head. I wonder what the chances are they they just slowly and silently let fastpass fade away, and hope that we forget by the time they introduce some paid system.

Undeniable proof that Disney can fill the parks no matter what.
But they are not filling the parks or resorts with less then about half capacity....
Check out some streams and vlogs on YouTube from about a month before they closed for covid if you want to see what filled parks look like, I was there and it was wall to wall of paying guests for rooms and parks...

They just have kept us so in the dark with everything. They have to know that massive amounts of people are going to be coming mid to late June and esp for the 4th of July holiday.

I just want something that makes me feel the magic and they haven't been doing that. They just show things about the Avengers thing at Disneyland which is fine, but I just don't think Disney when I think of Marvel.

Universal on the other hand opens up a new ride, allows cast members to take off masks outside now, and just is quite frankly pretty cool lately. It seems like Disney is always just 3 steps behind universal. They are lucky epic universe isn't open yet. I feel Disney, esp with Disney plus has gotten way to big for themselves.

Last edited:
Well, our next trip isn’t until May 2022 but I would love some kind of announcement at least on where fastpass is headed. I’m a planner, and I just want to know what we’re dealing with. My family has loved fastpass - we aren’t local so knowing we’ll be able to get on the attractions we want without huge waits is what makes spending those thousands of dollars to stay onsite feel worth it. Fastpass has always felt like an insurance policy for us.

The optics of eliminating fastpass for onsite guests seems horrible, however I try to spin it in my head. I wonder what the chances are they they just slowly and silently let fastpass fade away, and hope that we forget by the time they introduce some paid system.

Same. We're trying to figure out our June trip and depending on what's happening with FP+ is a major factor in where we stay/when and how many days we go (or don't go) etc...

Same. We're trying to figure out our June trip and depending on what's happening with FP+ is a major factor in where we stay/when and how many days we go (or don't go) etc...

If you go every year, lower your expectations and just try to make the best of it. Don’t let any upsets ruin your entire vacation. If this is like a once in a couple of years trip, I’d go when there are fireworks and fast passes offered (book a package and park passes and be ready to cancel).

We had to book this trip because we have a toddler turning 2 later this year who won’t wear a mask. I was really hopeful with sold out passes and Disney releasing extra passes+increasing capacity that fast passes will be offered in June.

Extremely disappointed, but it’s too late to cancel.

If you go every year, lower your expectations and just try to make the best of it. Don’t let any upsets ruin your entire vacation. If this is like a once in a couple of years trip, I’d go when there are fireworks and fast passes offered (book a package and park passes and be ready to cancel).

We had to book this trip because we have a toddler turning 2 later this year who won’t wear a mask. I was really hopeful with sold out passes and Disney releasing extra passes+increasing capacity that fast passes will be offered in June.

Extremely disappointed, but it’s too late to cancel.

It will be our last trip more than likely. We're not going till June 2022, so more than likely fireworks will he back.

If by current environment you mean Covid, I don't think Covid has anything to do with any of these things being brought back. I think its money, and them wanting to not spend any. Thats my own opinion. Unless you mean people still going anyway
I do think that Covid is one of the reasons why they don't have fireworks or parades. Both of them jam people into close groupings where the virus can spread easier, even outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter