Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

We are here right now. Today was our "last minute" first day in the parks due to the weather forecast for Thursday. Quite crowded in the parks, especially DL. People started to camp out on the Main st before 5pm. I decided that I will to do the pkg afterall. Just can't see myself able to get a spot on main without it.

JPessa,

I'm curious did you go on a slower night. I'm a little confused how you were able to make it so far up Main street. When it's packed for Parade everybody just moves into the street and there's really no way to push past them unless you are pushing them out of their spot.

JPessa,

I'm curious did you go on a slower night. I'm a little confused how you were able to make it so far up Main street. When it's packed for Parade everybody just moves into the street and there's really no way to push past them unless you are pushing them out of their spot.

I'm curious on this too. Reading conflicting reports on how hard/easy it is to move up Main Street. We really have no desire to see the fireworks from that far back, we want to be in Main Street/Hub area. We are going end of Aug, and since it's our first trip have no clue what to expect with crowds... I'm really on the fence with this one!

Just guessing- but there is no way to make it to the hub. I am hoping to make it like a third of the way up main street- kind of where the lockers are or maybe a little further back. We will see if that happens on a Grad night in June!

Thinking about the BB PTN package for our trip in September. We (my friend and I) will be running the races over Labor Day weekend so we know that the parks will be pretty packed. We thought maybe trying for Sunday afternoon for a late lunch and catching the first parade and then the fireworks after. We'll be running the Half Marathon that morning, so definitely not staying around for a later parade if they have one that night! Based on what others have been saying it looks like we might be able to move up a bit after the parade to catch a better viewing location, but I'm still worried about the crowds that night. Is it worth it for the package since it'll be so crowded anyways? We aren't going to spend as much time in the parks as we want (that is an EARLY wake up call for the races!) and are trying to cover as much as we can. Thanks!

We are going in June on a night there are 2 parades and doing the Aladdin's Oasis PTN package. The latest we can pick up food for the first parade is 3:45 PM. Can we take the food out of the park, since it is to go? Thanks!

Here is my experience last night. Arrived by the flag pole 7:50, already 20-30 pp ahead of me. The reserved area opened exactly at 8:15. Now at 8:30, the second row is almost full.

Consider the area the time when I got here, there were plenty of spots around the townhall, including curb. Those area are full to the second and third row. I thought the area would be full because people camp out on Main Street at 5 or earlier. If I knew, probably wouldn't do the package because I had to pay double for my 2 kids.
Nevertheless, PTN is absolutely AMAZING. Even with all I read, still blew me away.
As for the firework, we were able to walk up to the beginning of the hub, next to Plaza Inn. Although we could see the projection and Tinker, we had to look back for the special effect on Main st.
The spot would be perfect if it is facing the castle instead of facing the train station.

Just booked our reservations today for June 29th! First trip for us! We wanted to eat here so we figured we'd go ahead and get the package!

Hi guys! So I'm back from my first DL trip ever, and I did the PTN/BB package this past Sunday, the 24th. I was on the fence about it for a while and thought maybe I'd just eat at BB and skip the first parade to watch the 2nd...well, we were SO tired that night from being in the parks all day, we knew we wouldn't last until the 2nd parade.

We ate at BB around 5 and then we walked around Main Street to see if people were already lined up, and they were. I was hoping I could find an ok spot to watch from and not have to sit in the reserved section but there was nothing available by the time we were wandering around Main Street. So I figured whatever, let's just watch the parade from the reserved section. I wasn't thrilled about it, because I heard you couldn't see the fireworks very well from back there, near the train station, but we didn't really have a choice.

The tickets they give you for the viewing section at BB says they will let you into the section at 8:15 for the 8:45 parade , and they tell you at BB not to line up early. But at like 7:45 we saw about 5 people already lining up so I figured I should get in line. Good thing I did bc the line got long very quickly. At exactly 8:15 they let us in, one by one, it was nice and orderly and they told us to go wherever we wanted in the section. We got a nice spot on the curb right in the middle. The section never filled up, so it didn't feel crowded or anything. The parade started and it took maybe 15-20 minutes to actually get to where we were. It was a really awesome place to see the parade. I was so skeptical of it, once I heard they moved the viewing section, but it's really great. You just have to get in line at least 30 minutes before they tell you to. If your ticket says be in line at 8:15, you should get there at least by 7:45, I think that's about when we got in line, maybe a little earlier.

The other thing was, as soon as the parade was over, we had about 5, maybe 10 minutes until the fireworks were supposed to start. I didn't think we had any chance of getting up to Main Street but we tried and we made it about halfway up there, right before the Carnation Cafe. We could have went up more but we just decided to stop. We didn't push or shove, we just walked up Main Street. Yes there were a lot of people buy it was do-able, getting up there.

Unfortunately as soon as we found our spot, it was announced that the fireworks were canceled bc of wind. We left right after that.

So basically, if you're nervous about doing this package, don't be. I was, and it worked out great for us! Hope this helps!

JPessa,

Hi, this was last Sunday. Crowded but not crazy. After the parade I walked up the sidewalk. They always have a walking path open on either side by the shops. Once I found a spot I liked we just slipped under the rope onto the street (there was space available, we were only 2 people).

If we had mobility issues, this may not have worked (scooters, strollers, large group, etc.) but I purposely left the stroller parked by Pirates before going to the reserved area so we could move more easily. Retrieved it after the fireworks.

We're just home. Had a great time but if we could have a do-over we'd probably skip the Blue Bayou PtN package. We went on Wednesday (4/27) which was probably the quietest day at DL while we were there.

A caveat: I am a WDW vet and not a fan of the in-park Disney restaurants. I find them wildly overpriced for what you get. IMHO, they're not terrible just very ho-hum for the cost.

Pros:
-I really liked the venue. We had a waterside table and it was lovely.
-My husband enjoyed his entree (strip loin steak).
-The gumbo was okay which was actually an improvement over expectations.
-The viewing area wasn't at all crowded which was nice.

Cons:
-Service was sloooooow and our waiter would disappear for long stretches at a time. Service pacing was also extremely poor-Steaks came almost immediately after the appetizers but we had a long wait for dessert. My water glass was never refilled even though I asked.

-My filet arrived unsauced. It was also the smallest steak I have ever seen. I ordered it cooked medium rare but the one I received was definitely on the well side of medium. I probably should have sent it back but, given how seldom we saw our waiter. I agreed to let our waiter bring sauce. By the time he showed up I had finished eating, if I hadn't my dinner would have been stone cold. We both had the creme brûlée dessert. I found mine extremely runny with very little "brûlée" on it and sickly sweet. I left most of it. Coffee, as is usual at WDW, was awful but I was prepared for that.

-We arrived at the viewing area at 7:45 and were sent away. Returned at 7:50 to find ourselves at the end of of a long line. We didn't want a curb so it wasn't a problem but still.

-While we had a good view of the parade, which was gorgeous, we were across from and facing the train station. 90% of the character interaction was with the folks on the train station side of the parade. I have excellent pix of the backs of Mickey, Belle, etc.

-I think it was probably a slower night. If we had taken a spot across from the BB viewing area when we first arrived at 7:45 we would have had a superior view at no added cost.

I would say that 90% of my dissatisfaction centered around Blue Bayou. My expectations weren't all that high but, at those prices, I wish we had eaten elsewhere and taken our chances with the parade. We later had an excellent breakfast at Steakhouse 55 and I really wish we'd had dinner there instead and taken our chances with the parade.

The fireworks were canceled so I can't comment on viewing those following PtN.

I really do appreciate all of the help I received here, maybe we just hit BB on a bad night. We loved the World of Color Dessert Party!

Love the reviews! Thanks for posting them! DH REALLY has his heart set on BB so I think we are going to just do it! I'm getting excited!

Blue Bayou is definitely on our list because my son loves Pirates so much but after all these detailed reviews I think we will just lunch there and watch PTN from IASW. Thank you to all who take the time to write reviews; it has been extremely helpful and cost effective!! :)

Can I ask you what time you ate dinner and what time your PTN ticket was for? Looking to eat at 6:30 and wondering which parade we would get if we did the dining package. Thanks!

When you talk about moving up main st, is that on the sidewalk or in the street?

You can use the sidewalk or walk thru the stores to walk up closer. We didn't stay in the street, so I can't tell you how far down if walking down Main with the crowd. We went inside the stores and came out by the Baby Center on the right side facing the castle. CMs helped me to get a spot within the roped area.

Can I ask you what time you ate dinner and what time your PTN ticket was for? Looking to eat at 6:30 and wondering which parade we would get if we did the dining package. Thanks!

My ADR was for 5pm, checked in at 5:30pm, got a waterside table by 5:50 (was told 45 mins wait for waterside table) The PTN ticket was for 8:45 parade (8:15-8:45)

We also had a 5:00 PM ADR, checked in at 4:45, requested a waterside table and were seated around 5:15. We were turned away from the PtN reserved area at 7:45 but I believe the line began soon after. The parade began at 8:15.

These reviews are so Helpful! Doing BB PTN in June, I'm hoping it's a good way to save a few hours in the park. Excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter