Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

Just booked mine for July 19th! Squeeeee!! It's our first Disneyland trip, and instead of getting park hoppers, we're having this dinner. I think my only reservation is the fact that the viewing area isn't facing the Castle. Very strange. I'm also hoping to find our way to a quality spot for the Fireworks, and I think with the four of us, and no stroller we should be able to do it. Yay! 60 days!!

Last edited:
Can you use the package for the second parade? Should you, or are plenty of good spots available?

Our family did the BB PTN package last Sunday (22nd). I was hesitant because of the new location, but I am really glad I didn't cancel it. I have wanted to eat at BB since I was little and went with my family--so this has been on my bucket list forever. Our reservation was for 5:50 and we got there a little after 5:30. We requested waterside and were told it would be 20-30 minutes. We asked for a buzzer and explored New Orleans. There were two adorable (high school?) couples getting their portraits done and it was really fun checking on the progress between shopping. It was close to 30 minutes when the buzzer went off, but it was worth it when we were led to a table waterside in the left middle area. It was the perfect table and my girls were so happy to just quietly color and sip lemonade. My husband and I ordered the Surf and Turf, while my girls (5 and 8) got the mac and cheese and the pasta with chicken. The meal was really good (and I'm picky about quality) though it did seem like too much food and the dessert was mediocre. But the atmosphere can't be beat, we will definitely dine there again. I was surprised to hear my husband say that even if the parade seating isn't good, it was still worth it for the enjoyable meal.

After we left, I rode BTMRR with my oldest (using a baby swap we got in the morning) before heading to the Main Street Cinema—love that place—before lining up at 8:07 for the parade seating. There was already a line (we were told to come back at 8:10-8:15) but luckily there was still curbside available. We set up a blanket with girls in front of us to wait for the parade. I actually really liked the location. There were very few people walking by in front of us so it was kind of mellow. It was easy to get to the bathroom. Also the ground felt really clean there, like it had been powerwashed and swept right before we sat down. Weird observation I know, but it was nice since we were sitting there so long. The parade got to us at 9:00. Not every character waved at us but one dancer came over and interacted with the girls and all the princesses blew kisses. The best was Olaf. My daughter loves him and was waving frantically at him. He pointed his hands right at her and then hugged himself. She was over the moon at her hug from Olaf. When the parade was done, we turned around and walked toward main street. We ducked under the ropes that rope off the walkway the separates the bottom of the wedge from the rest of the square(where the big Christmas tree is during the holidays). It was perfect for me and the kids. We had the planter in front of us so we could easily see over the heads of people. We had the castle centered in front of us. We could see the projections, but they didn't distract from the fireworks which I think is the best part anyway. At the end it was so easy to turn around and head back to the hotel--no fighting the crowds.

So basically it was the perfect evening. And it was so worth it not to stress about finding a good seat. If anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them.

We did this last night. Dinner was fabulous. We waited about 15 extra minutes and got a water side table.

Check in to the area.... Nightmare. We got there just after 8 and were told there was no line till 8:15. We couldn't form a line, just lurk. Around 8:10 it got mobbed. There was a family that was visually impaired and was being let in slightly early. As soon as the CMs started to pull the ropes back for them.... People started running under the ropes and jumping over. Everyone was shoving and yelling. The CMs tried to stop the rope jumpers, but it was pandemonium. We did get in and got a curb spot, but it was truly insane... Walmart on Black Friday. If they'd let people actually line up before hand, this would be avoided.

There was two rows sitting and a good handful of people standing behind. Before the parade, they took down the ropes. A few people from outside jumped into the area when that happened, but it was still not crowded. A family did duck under the ropes earlier and were removed.

The parade was fabulous and we made it about 1/4 of the way up Main Street for the fireworks. It was worth it in the end, but getting in was soooo crazy.

We did this last night. Dinner was fabulous. We waited about 15 extra minutes and got a water side table.

Check in to the area.... Nightmare. We got there just after 8 and were told there was no line till 8:15. We couldn't form a line, just lurk. Around 8:10 it got mobbed. There was a family that was visually impaired and was being let in slightly early. As soon as the CMs started to pull the ropes back for them.... People started running under the ropes and jumping over. Everyone was shoving and yelling. The CMs tried to stop the rope jumpers, but it was pandemonium. We did get in and got a curb spot, but it was truly insane... Walmart on Black Friday. If they'd let people actually line up before hand, this would be avoided.

There was two rows sitting and a good handful of people standing behind. Before the parade, they took down the ropes. A few people from outside jumped into the area when that happened, but it was still not crowded. A family did duck under the ropes earlier and were removed.

The parade was fabulous and we made it about 1/4 of the way up Main Street for the fireworks. It was worth it in the end, but getting in was soooo crazy.

Sounds like they still have not found the right balance for this. Not encouraging. If I want pandemonium, that can be had without such a steep upcharge.

What is wrong with people? This is a Disneyland parade, not a birthday party piñata. The CMs should have called security and cleared the area, let the visually impaired people get in and settled, then, when the rest had formed an orderly line let them in a few at a time. If they jumped the ropes again, they should be removed from the park. This stampede type of behavior is not only ridiculous, it's dangerous. There is no way I'll be putting my child in this mess when we go, especially with three of us being disabled and using ECVs. We'll take our chances and try to see the parade up by Small World. It is just not worth the danger and the headache (& the added expense, for that matter).

I agree! It was crazy and we were told specifically NOT to form a line. I guess because they don't want people lining up ahead of time... The lady that started the rope jumping said she'd been there since 6:30 and no one was getting in before her. It was very dangerous. I don't think an ECV could get anywhere towards the front without getting trampled.

I agree! It was crazy and we were told specifically NOT to form a line. I guess because they don't want people lining up ahead of time... The lady that started the rope jumping said she'd been there since 6:30 and no one was getting in before her. It was very dangerous. I don't think an ECV could get anywhere towards the front without getting trampled.

Geez, if she got there at 6:30, weren't there other seats on Main Street she could have just claimed instead?

Silly question... but I have booked this package for July 4 (imagining a very crowded park). Our dining time is 7.10 which suits us well and we are not worried about the early line up...but do we get to select which PTN we will see? My plan was to see the early one. Thinking back to the reservation I can't remember there being an option around this. Can anyone clarify?

Hi everyone. Although this is my first post I have been keep an eye on these forums for some time. Me and my wife are visiting from the UK in August for our first wedding anniversary, we would like to eat at blue bayou and plan on making a reservation when we can in a few days. Is it worth doing the paint the night package? We are wanting to eat there anyway so is the prefered viewing good? And is it possible to view the fireworks after? And what is a good time to make the reservation? Sorry lots of questions!

Silly question... but I have booked this package for July 4 (imagining a very crowded park). Our dining time is 7.10 which suits us well and we are not worried about the early line up...but do we get to select which PTN we will see? My plan was to see the early one. Thinking back to the reservation I can't remember there being an option around this. Can anyone clarify?

I've been told the cut off for first parade is 6:20. Any reservations before then are for first parade, any reservations after that are for second parade. They had the same time policy for first and second Fantasmic, back when it was running.

I've been told the cut off for first parade is 6:20. Any reservations before then are for first parade, any reservations after that are for second parade. They had the same time policy for first and second Fantasmic, back when it was running.
Hmmm..wish they were clear about that somewhere! But thanks!

Planning to do this package on Thursday, we were in the park today so I was curious to see the reserved setup... I walked over over there a little before 8pm they weren't letting people line up and tempers were flaring!! CM's wouldn't really answer as to why they won't let people line up and guests who were lingering seemed very upset. One family wouldn't leave the area and stood right infront of the cm even though he told them to move. They said no way they were staying put. It was a stressful situation...another lady told the CM he was incompetent... Yikes...

walked over over there a little before 8pm they weren't letting people line up and tempers were flaring!! CM's wouldn't really answer as to why they won't let people line up and guests who were lingering seemed very upset. One family wouldn't leave the area and stood right infront of the cm even though he told them to move. They said no way they were staying put. It was a stressful situation...another lady told the CM he was incompetent... Yikes...

Wow...sounds like other guests are the main hazards with this...

The problem is- there is no where to wait, while "not lining up." The streets and sidewalks are lined and packed with people. There is only one way in and out of the area. If you truly left and came back, there is no way you could quickly get there when they started letting people in (and where would you go- CMs are moving everyone along in the whole area). It is a mess. They need to just let people line up and then people could enter in an orderly fashion. I don't think people would be a pushy and grouchy if there was a line. The absence of a line causes confusion and chaos- at least that is what happened our night.

The problem is- there is no where to wait, while "not lining up." The streets and sidewalks are lined and packed with people. There is only one way in and out of the area. If you truly left and came back, there is no way you could quickly get there when they started letting people in (and where would you go- CMs are moving everyone along in the whole area). It is a mess. They need to just let people line up and then people could enter in an orderly fashion. I don't think people would be a pushy and grouchy if there was a line. The absence of a line causes confusion and chaos- at least that is what happened our night.
We did the Blue Bayou package twice because we liked the idea of the reserved seating and because I thought the bad experience with the crowd and the CM the first time was just a fluke. It was intense and unpleasant both times. While the seating and view of the parade was awesome, for us, the "not lining up" lining up experience was really unpleasant.

We did the Blue Bayou package twice because we liked the idea of the reserved seating and because I thought the bad experience with the crowd and the CM the first time was just a fluke. It was intense and unpleasant both times. While the seating and view of the parade was awesome, for us, the "not lining up" lining up experience was really unpleasant.

I hope you will write Disney and tell them about both of your experiences.

I am frustrated to see it is still crazy town for parade time. I did the BB package for PTN at the end of February. Ridiculous behavior coming from guests. You'd think it was a life or death situation. I feel for the CMs. On the night I was taking part it seemed the CMs decided to check out mentally. They did nothing to control the situation. Seriously. And those skinny teeny ropes do not keep people out. So many people. So many people not following rules or being decent to one another. It was a sad state of affairs. They can fix this. I wonder what is holding them back from making this work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter