Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

I will have 2 ECV's in our group. Does anyone know if the Blue Bayou / parade package has accomodations for those in scooters or is there an area specially for scooters for the parade or are those in scooters just blended into the general viewing. Also, am wondering about WOC dining packages and those with scooters.

The VIP seating for fireworks was at the top of the Railroad stairs. They rope off an area and move benches over there. As the railroad is closed now this is probably where they will have Reserved Standing for dining packages and let people stand behind the VIP benches. If this is true -- there is no way to get ECV's up those stairs. I'm surprised they've never built a ramp for strollers and wheelchairs.

A roped off area on busy Main Street in front of the shops seems like it will be too hard for CM's to police people from sneaking in. The IASW VIP area is easier to police, but every time I've been in it there have always been people attempting to sneak in.

Let us know how it goes! :cutie:

I'm seeking feedback for an April trip as well! - looking forward to others' thoughts!

I have this booked for March 1st. I can't wait to hear how it was! My husband wanted to eat at Blue Bayou anyways so we figured we might as well get the package.

The VIP seating for fireworks was at the top of the Railroad stairs. They rope off an area and move benches over there. As the railroad is closed now this is probably where they will have Reserved Standing for dining packages and let people stand behind the VIP benches. If this is true -- there is no way to get ECV's up those stairs. I'm surprised they've never built a ramp for strollers and wheelchairs...
I have been told by CMs (although cannot find any confirmation) that Main Street Station has historic landmark status, and exempt from some ADA requirements. It is also possible that it's grandfathered, built before ADA laws existed.

I'll be going the end April for Dapper Days. I'll be following and reporting back. Also, will check out Aladdin's Oasis for PTN viewing package.

The quick review on DLR Prep school looks great!

Now to decide ... do it on a Sunday, when the parks will be busy so would be fine to miss "ride" time ... or do it on a Monday or Tuesday (providing there is a parade that day??)

I have made tentative reservations for BB PTN for February 1, which is a Monday. With crowds being what they are, I'd like to know from people if they think the R reserved viewing area is worth it or not. Also, does anyone know if I with these dinner package reservations, can you you change your mind and order off the regular menu once you're seated?

The quick review on DLR Prep school looks great!

Now to decide ... do it on a Sunday, when the parks will be busy so would be fine to miss "ride" time ... or do it on a Monday or Tuesday (providing there is a parade that day??)

On a weekday - you have to show up half an hour before the parade time to either get front row or standing second row - by that time a lot of rides are already shutting down in preparation I would think....

I am for sure doing this!! We don't usually do any of these packages with meals but I am def splurging for this!!

Thanks for the updates. I'm considering a quick trip down with my dd in July. I think this will totally be worth it to see both the parade and fireworks without a huge wait.

Looks like awesome viewing for both the parade and fireworks!! Since we'll only have a limited time in the park (2.5 days) I'm planning to book the package! Thanks for the updates!

Did this tonight.

They have a sign in the "road" for checkin but you talk to the cm at the ropes. Areas on both sides of Main Street. We went to the Starbucks side and got a curb (the cm told us to go there in order to get the curb). No one ever really filled in behind us, but it did fill on the other side. Odd.

Really good viewing.

The cm let us know that once the parade was past us we should gather people and belongings and move up the street for the fireworks. We chose to not do that and left instead.

Dinner: waterside table. I liked it better than our first time there. We are all vegetarian so had the salad and the portobello. Still far too salty but decent. The salad was good. Big issues with "fairness"; when everyone has the same thing there should be the same thing on each plate. Ds's salad was loaded with pecans. I got about 4. DH got 1. DS and DH got 3 mushroom caps each. I got 2.

DH was super happy with the experience and he and DS loved the parade. They really feel it was worth it. :). My rear is still cold from sitting on the ground. ;)

There were two ladies who insisted that they had been promised seats. Not sure where they read it, though the entertainment guide ending today still talked about the Fantasmic dinner and viewing area even though F wasn't listed.

In terms of the viewing area, the area is great. From Carmation Cafe to just before the Crystal Arcade of the one side, and from Market house to just before the cinema on the other. My one complaint is that there did not appear to be ANY disability seating at all. I get it, sort of. If you were in an ECV, you would just park it in the area and have a great view. But there are absolutely no benches at all. So be aware that the choices are curb seating if you get there early enough (we got the last seats at about 25-30 minutes before) or standing. If you don't think you can stand in one place for the parade and fireworks after, get a wheelchair or ECV.

We were pleased with the meal and the view! I thought it was really smooth for the second night!

So wait..... the viewing section for this is 2 big stretches of curbside viewing on Main Street?

What does that leave for the other guests if they want to watch on Main Street?

If they have 2 parades that night- do they only do the package for the first parade? If not, how do you know if your ticket is for the first or the second parade? Our BB dinner reservations are for 4:00 so I assume that would be first parade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter