Parasailing Castaway Cay??

I just did this on 10/19/02, and the operators said depending on the weather and wind conditions, they reserve the right to make decisions regarding weight...

FYI, You might want to take some Bonine BEFORE you parasail. My 15 year old daughter (who NEVER gets sick) got seasick while in the parasailing boat. You are out on the water for about 1 1/2 hours (you only get to parasail for about 15 minutes of that). SO, after about 1 hour of bobbing around in the waves, she was SICK!!!! She still said she enjoyed the experience and would go again, although NOT without taking Bonine first!!!! LOL

Just please be careful if you atke pictures from up there. PLease!! Here is what happened to us:
Cocoa Beach, I have twin girls, one is a daredevil, so I knew she'd go up with me, and neither one of us had pics left in our disposable camera. My other daughter who is very conservative with her pictures, had like 6 pics left in hers. I convinced her to let sis and I take her camera up- I told her " nothing is going to happen- come on!-we'll be careful" So she let us, and she watched from the boat. We went up and up and up and we waved at her and then the line jerked a little and scared me, especially being tandem with the other twin, I wanted to comfort her, so I grabbed the ropes, realizing that I had a pretty good grip on the rope.....and I looked down just in time to see the yellow camera (not waterproof) splash in the water. My other daughter was crying and crying- wouldn't even look up at us. She had been soooo careful taking her camera of pictures. I felt AWFUL- I can't even describe how awful I felt! I was so worried about her, I didn't have much fun up there. If you only knew how careful and excited about her pics she was... you would understand. They were 9 when it happened.:(

... take disposable camera w/ wrist strap.

Thanks, shefor24. I hope your daughter has forgiven you by now.

KarenT

Thank you for the warning. I know how she feels. We just returned from a trip to Canada (Toronto to see Lion King...FANTASTIC and Niagara Falls to be "tourists"). We were on the Cave of the Winds tour (if you have never done it you take an elevator down...down...down and walk along wooden paths very, very near the falls with lovely brihgt yellow jackets on...hee hee)...FANTASTIC. DH and DD had the camera and were taking pictures of the falls etc...the camera got sprayed by the mist and ruined the film and the camera. DH was upset about the camera (not a disposable...our regular camera) DD and I were more upset about the pictures we had lost...Toronto, Family photos etc. I was upset about the camera, but not nearly as much as the pictures . The camera was 5 years old and we have been kicking around the idea of getting a digital one so...now we have to. I still am sad and I'm quite a bit older than 9 so I can imagine how she felt. Oh well, you will have to plan another vacation again soon so she can take new pics;) I will heed the warning and go for a water proof camera with strap.....better safe than sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter