• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parents of the Class of 2019

My DD is the same way, the sheets are all I've bought for her for now as we have to pack everything up to take it to Mass from Colorado, and I'm not driving for 3 days to drop her off at school!

You're no fun! :rotfl: We leave in 3 weeks to drive DD to school: Detroit to San Francisco, with a minor detour to DLR while we're "in the neighborhood" (relatively speaking).

Summer just started here, graduation party and graduation finally done. Dd had more cords than any other graduate, 7, plus the NHS stole and medal for biliteracy (which was huge, someone needs to redesign). Graduation was last Wednesday, I think I’ve seen her a total of one hour with all of the parties, work, and spending time with friends (and her recent boyfriend, who she insists is not her boyfriend, even though she was introduced as his girlfriend at his family graduation party, and they see each other daily). Time is really flying!

But the real question..... are you willing to drive 3 days to drop off her stuff? :duck:
You're no fun! :rotfl: We leave in 3 weeks to drive DD to school: Detroit to San Francisco, with a minor detour to DLR while we're "in the neighborhood" (relatively speaking).

I actually did look into a 1 way car rental to see about taking her to school, I figured we'd stop off at the Lake of the Ozarks for a few days, have a mini-vacation and then drive on to UMASS, but nope, that cost was greater than 3 plane tickets for me, DH, and DD, car rental there, and hotel! So it's not going to happen, and we'll go a day before DH and do a whirlwind shopping trip. The items she already has she'll pack in her suitcase, everything else we'll buy there.

I think it's starting to hit her that she's going to be away from home. She and friends went to Elitches (amusement park here in Denver) yesterday and go rained out, so I asked if she was going to be home for dinner and she said yes, that she didn't have too many family dinners left and wanted to be there. Then, she and her lifeguard friends were going to the midnight premiere of Spider Man, and she's texts me that she's leaving (I was upstairs) and that she loves me! Great, now I'm going to be a blithering mess the next 2 months!

I actually did look into a 1 way car rental to see about taking her to school, I figured we'd stop off at the Lake of the Ozarks for a few days, have a mini-vacation and then drive on to UMASS, but nope, that cost was greater than 3 plane tickets for me, DH, and DD, car rental there, and hotel! So it's not going to happen, and we'll go a day before DH and do a whirlwind shopping trip. The items she already has she'll pack in her suitcase, everything else we'll buy there.

I think it's starting to hit her that she's going to be away from home. She and friends went to Elitches (amusement park here in Denver) yesterday and go rained out, so I asked if she was going to be home for dinner and she said yes, that she didn't have too many family dinners left and wanted to be there. Then, she and her lifeguard friends were going to the midnight premiere of Spider Man, and she's texts me that she's leaving (I was upstairs) and that she loves me! Great, now I'm going to be a blithering mess the next 2 months!
Is there a bed bath and beyond by the school? The one by UDel will pack it all up and you just have to pick it up. I think every college my kid# attended had bedding packages with sheets, pillows, mattress cover and topper... The reviews for the one at UDel are very good, and recommended by parents on the Facebook page, so we might go that route.

Great, now I'm going to be a blithering mess the next 2 months!

Mine's not going far, but the other day she lamented how far we live from Chick-fil-A but how that wouldn't be a problem in 2 months (there's one on campus). When she said 2 months it got me. Actually it's 6.5 weeks till move in.

We're all excited- and not- at the same time.

Mine's not going far, but the other day she lamented how far we live from Chick-fil-A but how that wouldn't be a problem in 2 months (there's one on campus). When she said 2 months it got me. Actually it's 6.5 weeks till move in.

There is one on dd’s Campus, too, the closest ones here are at the malls 15 minutes away, Ive never had it.

There is one on dd’s Campus, too, the closest ones here are at the malls 15 minutes away, Ive never had it.

She's a big fan. Chick-fil-A was on her super specific list of college wants and needs! I think she has $150/semester to spend in the food courts- we'll see how well she can ration that.

I'm starting to look at mattress toppers, don't know how to make a decision. I may keep it at just 2" because her bed is already kind of high and she is short. Also good at sleeping on whatever, so she doesn't need it too cushy. But seeing the flat, black, plastic covered mattress in her dorm room confirms the need for something.

Is there a bed bath and beyond by the school? The one by UDel will pack it all up and you just have to pick it up. I think every college my kid# attended had bedding packages with sheets, pillows, mattress cover and topper... The reviews for the one at UDel are very good, and recommended by parents on the Facebook page, so we might go that route.

There is, and we'll definitely take advantage of what we can with the "order and pick up" option, we did go to one by us just to look around, and she didn't really find anything that curled her toes or was close to what she'd like to do for a color scheme. We may end up going with a duvet cover from Amazon and buying a duvet there.

Feeling the same here. Excited, but not, at the same time. And someone commented to me that he leaves "next month" which caught me off guard. I guess it's true since it's now July and he moves in August 22. YIIIIIKKKKEEEESSSS!

Feeling the same here. Excited, but not, at the same time. And someone commented to me that he leaves "next month" which caught me off guard. I guess it's true since it's now July and he moves in August 22. YIIIIIKKKKEEEESSSS!

One of the teachers at work was in yesterday and something similar, and I said, "Oh, he doesn't go until August 16", and she said, "Yeah, that's next month". Ouch!

For those having trouble finding bedding, you might check out ocm.com. I haven't used it, but my cousin's daughter bought several things from them, all coordinated, and said the quality was good.

I see "next month" is hitting everyone! DD had a little freak out last night after a stressful day at work and other issues. Doesn't want to leave friends, doesn't want to turn 18 (next month), college starts next month, she's going to miss her boyfriend and cats so much, summer is slipping away fast.

After tomorrow work will calm down for her, and surely her BF will have a break between baseball and football seasons so things can be more relaxed for a while.

So dd had a prom gown and graduation romper with the same back and same color, I don’t think she planned it.

Attachments

• 21B91B61-091F-4510-9B39-3B259F286D35.jpeg
    21B91B61-091F-4510-9B39-3B259F286D35.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 1056AF1E-F7AF-4544-8B32-9BD0A877624C.jpeg
    1056AF1E-F7AF-4544-8B32-9BD0A877624C.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 32
Our town's 4th of July was a success. DD was on the job pretty much the whole time from 8 am to 11 pm (and back again at 8 am yesterday for clean up and a full day in the office). DD20 and I helped with setup, bounce house supervision, and making lemonade. No major issues- only part that was a little trouble was when she was trying to direct parking at the lake for the evening activities. The helpers hadn't arrived and some adults don't like to take direction, lol. Her lemonade stand fundraiser for playground equipment made over $300 which surprised me!

Well on here I realized he goes next month!
AP score came in today, the score counts as 3 credits but he doesn’t need that class, so I’m not sure how it helps, it can go towards required credits to graduate.

DS’s Spanish class started this week.

DS is still mowing for money.

He has a stay the whole night grad party to go to tonight.

His credit card arrived this week.

He finished the required sexual conduct online information-they kept moving it back? So i believe everything is done. Well, he needs to take a picture and send it for his dorm card, new requirement this year. And his passport.

I sent his scholarship checks to the school this week-they were in his name but the returns address were scholarship -so I went with sending to the college- he got scholarships from the college and he/we would LOVE them again, I believe they are all renewable-so I did not want to mess up any chance of receiving them again.
To purchase yet: folders, pens, desk organizer. Only that type of stuff. Which we plan on doing very last minute.

Well on here I realized he goes next month!
AP score came in today, the score counts as 3 credits but he doesn’t need that class, so I’m not sure how it helps, it can go towards required credits to graduate.

DS’s Spanish class started this week.

DS is still mowing for money.

He has a stay the whole night grad party to go to tonight.

His credit card arrived this week.

He finished the required sexual conduct online information-they kept moving it back? So i believe everything is done. Well, he needs to take a picture and send it for his dorm card, new requirement this year. And his passport.

I sent his scholarship checks to the school this week-they were in his name but the returns address were scholarship -so I went with sending to the college- he got scholarships from the college and he/we would LOVE them again, I believe they are all renewable-so I did not want to mess up any chance of receiving them again.
To purchase yet: folders, pens, desk organizer. Only that type of stuff. Which we plan on doing very last minute.
I think it only becomes an issue when you get private scholarships and FA, they can lower FA if they know they got merit. All of dd’s were made out to her, she just put them in her savings to go towards next year’s tuition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter