Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

You are NOT alone! In fact, I googled "Graduation Announcements" just this morning. I too am going to get them from Costco since it looks pretty easy to put together an announcement and I don't need more than 25 of them. BTW, did you notice that a LOT of the announcements had the kids in cap and gown? I'm going with, "I'm not late, I'm just in time for an announcement with my DD in her cap and gown." I think the cap and gown ones look sharp anyway so I'll be doing them after her graduation. I do have something in the back of my head that my DD wanted some wallet sized head shots to give away. I'll have to see if I'm too late for that.

My DD got her yearbook and she turned to the special senior section and asked me if I did one. No, I did not. It didn't seem important to you at the time.
I did like the announcements with the cap and gown pics. I have a few options. She has her white cap and gown for her high school graduation and her black cap and gown for her community college graduation. We also considered putting a close up of her in her black prom dress on the announcement (vs a cap & gown pic) because she had her makeup professionally done for prom. On the back we are putting a photo of her in her college t shirt. I took a super cute pic of her sitting/leaning up against our wooden fence. I need to check if the Costco ones allow printing on the back like the Shutterfly ones do. The unofficial announcements actually work out well for her because I can list both her graduations, and I can do the college photo. I'm putting them together this weekend.

Our yearbook was a fiasco! In her sport page she is misspelled and not listed on the senior recognition! I was spitting mad! Her individual is misspelled too.
I emailed the teacher we had to send photos too back in September with a copy of that confirmation. The teacher said they had assigned students to design the pages. It was unfortunate but could not be corrected.
That stinks. The yearbook is so important to our kids.

I did like the announcements with the cap and gown pics. I have a few options. She has her white cap and gown for her high school graduation and her black cap and gown for her community college graduation. We also considered putting a close up of her in her black prom dress on the announcement (vs a cap & gown pic) because she had her makeup professionally done for prom. On the back we are putting a photo of her in her college t shirt. I took a super cute pic of her sitting/leaning up against our wooden fence. I need to check if the Costco ones allow printing on the back like the Shutterfly ones do. The unofficial announcements actually work out well for her because I can list both her graduations, and I can do the college photo. I'm putting them together this weekend.
I still need to get DD's pictures done with cap n gown. We've been so busy that I figured we would get pictures done after graduation. Her gwon is still in package. I keep telling her to try it on to make sure it fits. Plus I need to take it to the dry cleans. My DD has been non stop and poor kids isn't getting enough sleep

That stinks. The yearbook is so important to our kids.

Last year one kid was left completely out of the yearbook by mistake- the other kids made a photocopy of his grad picture and ran around to every senior giving them one telling them to tape it into their yearbook! Poor kid!

@Mrs. Ciz -
It also doesn't help that another mom went on and on when she saw me earlier this week about her daughter's prom plans and the fact that the mom is taking 15 kids to the beach after prom. My daughter is friends with her daughter and most of the other kids going but wasn't invited for some reason. Who does that?!!

How rude! By this time senior year, I likely would have said something like, "It sounds lovely, it makes me sad that DD wasn't invited." Let the bragger feel awkward.

Moms like that are the reason we have mean girls but they do not see themselves.:headache:

How rude! By this time senior year, I likely would have said something like, "It sounds lovely, it makes me sad that DD wasn't invited." Let the bragger feel awkward.

Moms like that are the reason we have mean girls but they do not see themselves.:headache:
There's probably a reason why her Daughter didn't want to go to prom. Makes me wonder if those girls were being mean and Mrs. Ciz daughter felt left out. I hope that wasn't the case. I would be mad at those mean girls.

Throughout high school my daughter was to busy into school work that she didn't want to do a lot of events. She made up for it Senior year-lol!

Good Luck to all our kids. Its a new start and I hope they all have a wonderful and successful College experienc

Today was my last "mom I forgot something will you bring it to me at school" trip! Last week it was a permission and $30 for the senior beach trip. Today was the last day for seniors to turn in textbooks, and someone swore his government book was in his car...but it wasn't.

There's probably a reason why her Daughter didn't want to go to prom. Makes me wonder if those girls were being mean and Mrs. Ciz daughter felt left out. I hope that wasn't the case. I would be mad at those mean girls.

Throughout high school my daughter was to busy into school work that she didn't want to do a lot of events. She made up for it Senior year-lol!

Good Luck to all our kids. Its a new start and I hope they all have a wonderful and successful College experienc
It was Poohforyou's DD that didn't go to prom and then got left out of the post prom festivities by her friends. So not nice!

DD's graduation is Wednesday morning and the weather forecast is cool and rainy. :sad1:

Graduation was yesterday. It's all over!!!

My dd graduated as well. It was an awesome day!! Kind of surreal that it's really over.

Our graduation was yesterday as well. I'm glad we are having party next weekend!

Congratulations to all the graduates! We still have 3 weeks until graduation, but I need to get working on cleaning up and figuring where everyone is going to sleep and what we're going to eat.

Well it's grad week starting Monday. It's Senior Skip Day tomorrow and they are going fishing. They have activities planned almost everyday of the week. Grad is Saturday afternoon at 3. It's held in our towns Curling Rink, there are 18 kids graduating this year. My son was choosen as the valedictorian so he's been stressed about the speech! The kids get scholarships at the Grad ceremony and we already know he got some. He got $2500 US (we are Canadian) from my husbands company, $500 from our local RM and a $500 per year ($2000 total) from the Province. I'm hoping for more for him.

School isn't over until June 28th and finals start June 15th.

I love this thread and hope we continue it with a Parents of College Class 2021. I know freshman year will be a big adjustment for many of us. Plus advice on College scholarships, empty nest, advice on helping your kids get through freshman year and misc.

I think other threads have changed their title to "Parents of High School 20XX/College 20XX" so we can probably do that and keep going. Probably the OP @wannabee will have to do that.

I agree, the Class Of threads I am on are my favorite. So much help and support, and just interesting to see how things are different for others too.

Well it's grad week starting Monday. It's Senior Skip Day tomorrow and they are going fishing. They have activities planned almost everyday of the week. Grad is Saturday afternoon at 3. It's held in our towns Curling Rink, there are 18 kids graduating this year. My son was choosen as the valedictorian so he's been stressed about the speech! The kids get scholarships at the Grad ceremony and we already know he got some. He got $2500 US (we are Canadian) from my husbands company, $500 from our local RM and a $500 per year ($2000 total) from the Province. I'm hoping for more for him.

School isn't over until June 28th and finals start June 15th.
That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Congratulations to all the graduates! We still have 3 weeks until graduation, but I need to get working on cleaning up and figuring where everyone is going to sleep and what we're going to eat.

Thanks! We used every bed and couch in my house plus a hotel room and one other relative's apartment. Everyone had a place to sleep and it was a crazy, chaotic, fun-filled three days. We just took the last guest to the airport and now I plan to sleep for a full 24 hours!

We had BBQ catered for yesterday's party and I'm so glad we did! I was so busy hosting and visiting with 20 family members there's no way I could have cooked for that crowd. I hit up Sam's for pastries and fruit and cheese trays, etc. and served a nice "deluxe continental" brunch this morning to our guests who stayed with us. It was pretty easy, more than I expected it to be.

On graduation day, we had booked a party room at a local mexican restaurant. It was a combo party with my son's best friend. We had an appetizer buffet which was the perfect amount of food for our guests since the party didn't start until 9pm. Most had eaten a light supper before graduation. We had appetizers for 40 guests and it seemed like just the right amount of food with a full sized sheet cake for dessert.

I didn't mention in my last post that I think I momentarily "blacked out" during the graduation. I heard my son's first name called and then it felt like I was in this hazy bubble until the next person was called. SO weird. All that anticipation culminating in that one moment was more than my brain could handle apparently.

Thanks! We used every bed and couch in my house plus a hotel room and one other relative's apartment. Everyone had a place to sleep and it was a crazy, chaotic, fun-filled three days. We just took the last guest to the airport and now I plan to sleep for a full 24 hours!

We had BBQ catered for yesterday's party and I'm so glad we did! I was so busy hosting and visiting with 20 family members there's no way I could have cooked for that crowd. I hit up Sam's for pastries and fruit and cheese trays, etc. and served a nice "deluxe continental" brunch this morning to our guests who stayed with us. It was pretty easy, more than I expected it to be.

They all go to graduation? I would be so stressed having that many people going to my daughters graduation- if it rains we get TWO tickets- what would I do with all those other people staying at my house if it rained LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter