Park bag

I use a deluxe shoulder satchel by Le Sport Sac. In it I usually carry my phone/wallet (I have one of those wallet phone cases), sunscreen, a water bottle, napkins/tissues, advil, and an external battery pack for my phone.

I use a messenger bag. I carry by DSLR camera, a lens, extra batteries, charger for my phone, cord, phone, a small wallet, sunscreen, and attach my water bottle with a clip to the strap.

Oh.. and the reason that I prefer a messenger bag to a back pack is that it doesn't rest as flat against my back and can easily be moved from hip to hip to help prevent my entire back being soaked with sweat. I sweat a lot, and backpacks make me sweat through my shirt in no time at all.

I just thought I'd add for mine: I have to visit in August, so I don't wear a backpack as I find it makes me just too warm and sticky!

This year my two most-used bags were my Gucci belt bag (fancy fanny pack haha) and my Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC bag. The belt bag is great because it has one zippered pouch, one velcro pouch (easy access to phone, etc) and a flat zippered pouch along the entire portion that lies across your body. The Mini MAC can be worn cross-body or you can shorten the chain strap to make it a shoulder bag. Both were super lightweight and hands-free, but held just what I needed:

iPhone 6 in case
Small card pouch with ID, debit, credit, and cash (in case of emergency)
SPF lip balm (you will live to regret this if you forget it...learned the hard way!)
Hair tie
Stomach medicine & Advil packet
Visine
Portable phone charger & cord

In my Mini MAC I would also bring my case for my sunglasses since I had the room for it. If I didn't have that, the case went into my boyfriend's drawstring backpack. The belt bag is split in two down the center to separate the pouches, so it's not the most common type of fanny pack style out there, but I'm sure there are other brands that make similar designs. Being hands-free (and usually shoulder-free) made life so much easier and less tiring during the whole trip. Also, the belt bag was able to stay on during all rides since I can seat belt it in, and the cross-body/shoulder bag was small enough it fit in all ride pouches I needed to put it in. Anything I bought that wasn't small-ish I did pick up at the front of the park so I didn't have to lug anything all day.

All of these comments about summer and backpacks are making me rethink my life! Haha! We've always used the small, lightweight backpack I mentioned previously, but I agree that it's still hot. I'm not a big fan of cross bodies in regular life due to my chest size (sorry, family friendly boards, but it's reality,) so I don't know if I could deal with a cross body in the parks? Time to rethink a little maybe?

In August - a bag? Unless you have little kids and need to take stuff - how about no bag? Anything you carry will make you hot. IF you must - I'd go with a small light-weight cross-body or a fanny pack.

Me - I'd be in cargo shorts. Since they don't make good female cargo shorts - I had to settle for men's - but I found some that work well for me because there's elastic in the waist that means they fit me. http://www.columbia.com/mens-pfg-brewha-ii-short-FM4012.html?dwvar_FM4012_variationColor=372

In August - a bag? Unless you have little kids and need to take stuff - how about no bag? Anything you carry will make you hot. IF you must - I'd go with a small light-weight cross-body or a fanny pack.

Me - I'd be in cargo shorts. Since they don't make good female cargo shorts - I had to settle for men's - but I found some that work well for me because there's elastic in the waist that means they fit me. http://www.columbia.com/mens-pfg-brewha-ii-short-FM4012.html?dwvar_FM4012_variationColor=372

I've tried boys shorts and even smaller mens but my problem is they don't have a waist and hips, they are just straight. Unfortunately, I'm not straight, mama got hips.

I use a drawstring bag! Packing list:
Water bottle
Mio flavour things (because Disney water tastes terrible)
Camera
Phone
Bandaids
Moleskin
Poncho
Snacks
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Lip chap
Portable battery
Autograph Book
Wallet

Depending on the day, I either use my small disney dooney sketch crossbody or my VB hipster. Hipster holds a little more.

-phone
- jackery portable charging stick
-camera
-concealer
- cheap sunglasses
-chapstick
-mini sunscreen
-wallet
-disposable poncho

My rule is if it doesn't fit in the purse it doesn't come with.

We all carry bags! Each bag is a pretty small backpack with one main compartment and maybe one smaller compartment so that it's quick and easy to get through security.
each person brings:
1 extra pair of socks
a few granola bars/protein bars
a light, easily packable jacket
a sandwich for lunch
wallet with ID, credit cards, some cash
sunglasses
poncho
cell phone

Dispersed amongst the rest of us:
travel-sized sunscreen
a few sticks of lip balm
a few empty waterbottles
mio water-flavouring
tea, instant coffee, and/or hot chocolate packets (for chilly nights)
travel-sized hand sanitizer
first-aid stuff in a ziplock - some tums, ibuprofen, tylenol, bandaids, and Neosporin.
a swim shammy (for drying off after splash mountain/rain/etc.)

Normally we've eaten a quick breakfast before/during the trip to the park. I like having the backpacks but not packing too much in them because it makes room for anything that we buy in the parks but want to keep with us during the day. Also, if a little one's bag becomes too much, it can get stuffed into a grownup's bag.

We have a few of the drawstring bags that we have been using on the last few trips. I can fit what we need and not be tempted to carry the entire hotel room into the park. The newest bag is a Disney one purchased in Mouse Gears (i think).

Remember you can get bandaids, Advil, Tylenol, antacids at the first aid stations FREE of charge! :fish:

I'm solo so my situation is different! I have MB (of course) debit card, drivers license, AP, teeny tiny tube of sun screen, lip balm in my pockets and that's it!

I've tried boys shorts and even smaller mens but my problem is they don't have a waist and hips, they are just straight. Unfortunately, I'm not straight, mama got hips.

That's why I like these! I've got hips and a butt and thighs, too. But - I can get them big enough for the hips and thighs - yet - not be so big in the waist they fall off. I was really pleasantly surprised by the cut.

I bring entirely too much to the park, but I don't care. I am prepared!
I carry a Coach backpack that holds a couple bottles of water, a little first aid kit (just band aids, blister block strips and neosporin, I can't perform impromptu surgery) antibacterial wet wipes, my phone, a wristlet with my ID, cards, money, a compact (gotta be pretty!), hair ties, chap stick, nail clippers, a tiny nail file ( I have to take care of nail issues ASAP, it drives me crazy to have a ragged one)a pen, a spray bottle of sunscreen and a folded up poncho in the bottom. I'm ready for anything!
The backpack isn't large, I'm used to carrying some pretty cavernous handbags, so a backpack in a theme park is no issue.

If you could find women cargo pants that have the bigger pockets like mens I wouldn't carry anything but since you can't then what I carry depends on what I'm wearing. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY].

Check stores like REI or LLBean. They sell shorts with cargo style pockets. The shorts are not super short, like the ones you find in most stores, so the pockets are bigger. Especially if you go with
"convertible pants" (pants that unzip and convert into shorts). The pockets are big enough to carry a phone and a small wallet.

As for the original question, I use a crossbody bookbag. I carry my wallet, tissues, a small first aid kit, a water bottle, camera, and miscellaneous stuff. It's "gender neutral" so my hubby can carry it too.

My tip, I bought a few mini travel inside your clothes money belts. I put them under my shirt or dress, I can pop my phone, wallet stuff, even a protein bar and a small battery back up and cord and a sunscreen stick and ChapStick. Boom. No visible bag, nothing to stow, and whiz right thru the bag check. I have been burned in that line!!

it really depends on what type of person you are. i personally dont like bringing much stuff to the park because after time it just gets annoying and really a bother to carry around if anything bring an over the sholder bag or a small back pack with the essentials phone, wallet, sunscreen, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter